Jalen Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taz View Post
    I know I am in minority here but I would go strong after Harris and think he is a better option than Ramsey. Why? Cost. I think they can get Harris for a 3rd and maybe a lower pick or a lower player. Ramsey is not only going to cost multiple high picks, he is going to want a new contract either right away or at least in the offseason. He is not going to play on his 5th year option. He is going to want the most money every for a CB (and maybe rightly so) but looking at that plus the cost its really prohibitive for most teams.

I think getting Harris gets us very close to the same result with a lower cost. At 30 they could resign Harris for a few years or simply let him walk at the end of the year just like they did with Golden Tate.
    I don't think that you are in the minority at all Taz. The only problem is that we aren't the only contending team that needs a cb so the price could go up for him. A couple of more losses for Denver and they really should move him. This reminds me of the Golden Tate situation last year except that one really backfired. Ramsey is just too damned expensive even if he does become available and really will screw up the Eagles' masterplan that they have worked to manage expensive talent and low waged labor together to manage the cap.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      I know I am in minority here but I would go strong after Harris and think he is a better option than Ramsey. Why? Cost. I think they can get Harris for a 3rd and maybe a lower pick or a lower player. Ramsey is not only going to cost multiple high picks, he is going to want a new contract either right away or at least in the offseason. He is not going to play on his 5th year option. He is going to want the most money every for a CB (and maybe rightly so) but looking at that plus the cost its really prohibitive for most teams.

I think getting Harris gets us very close to the same result with a lower cost. At 30 they could resign Harris for a few years or simply let him walk at the end of the year just like they did with Golden Tate.
      My point earlier, about Ramsey, was that they were going to have to give up a king's ransom to get him. Multiple picks, and they're going to have to reset the CB market. If we're going to get our starters, Darby and Mills back, along with Maddox, I'm simply not going to go out and get Ramsey, with no regard to his cost. He's simply too expensive. Period.

Now, Harris, on the other hand, is a viable alternative. I don't think he's going to cost as much in draft picks, or salary if they chose to sign him long term. Maybe they can get him without mortgaging the franchise for one guy.

Comment

Just get the problem fixed...... “IF” possible.

Comment

Man that's a big IF too! Denver is the most likely partner to make a deal with if they keep losing but Elway's on the hot seat to win now so I don't think that he'll go for it. If the owner is willing to keep Elway through a rebuild then there would be a no brainer to trade Harris. Why Miami's owner wants to keep Ramsey while tanking at the same time makes absolutely NO sense to me. Zero!!

It cost us a 3 last year to pick up Golden Tate so Harris most likely will be in that range. Corners will be in higher demand so they might even get more for him.
          Last edited by Eagle60; 10-02-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Man that's a big IF too! Denver is the most likely but Elway's on the hot seat to win now so I don't think that he'll go for it. If the owner is willing to keep him through a rebuild then there would be a good chance. Why Miami's owner wants to keep Ramsey while tanking at the same time makes absolutely no sense to me.
            Ramsey plays for the Jags Popper. They're not tanking. He's just disgruntled for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              Ramsey plays for the Jags Popper. They're not tanking. He's just disgruntled for whatever reason.
              ]

WTF is the matter with me? Anyway we all agree we should go after Harris but that's a tricky situation with Elway on the hot seat.

Comment

Don't get your hopes up guys-there's just not any realistic CBs out there

Who’s available to the Eagles in the cornerback market (aside from Jalen Ramsey)? |
                by Jeff McLane, Updated: October 2, 2019- 6:26 AM

MIKE ROEMER / AP
                Good morning, Eagles fans. The Birds are back in action Wednesday after a rest day. Last week’s Thursday night game has allowed Doug Pederson’s squad a few extra days rest. The Eagles had the entire weekend off, came back Monday for a light workout, and were given Tuesday off. The team needed it. They’ve been without multiple players for more than one game and have a new slate of injured after the win over the Packers.

The rest of the work week will be business as usual, however, as the Eagles prepare for the winless New York Jets.

If you like what you’re reading, tell your friends it’s free to sign up here​. I want to know what you think, what we should add, and what you want to read, so send me feedback by email or on Twitter @Jeff_McLane.

— Jeff McLane ([email protected])

Eagles wide receiver Nelson Agholor watches the football against
                Have you heard that Jalen Ramsey wants to be traded and that the Eagles, coincidentally, just so happen to need a cornerback? It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that the Jaguars’ All-Pro corner is currently first and foremost on the minds of Eagles fans.

It is likely that Eagles general manager Howie Roseman has reached out and even made an offer to Jacksonville. But for whatever the reason, Ramsey is still a Jaguar, even though he missed last week’s game for dubious reasons. I can’t sit here and say with certainty why he has yet to be traded, but after talking to one source close to the Jaguars, it sounds like owner Shad Khan has little interest in parting with his best player.

But what if team president Tom Coughlin and head coach Doug Marrone don’t want Ramsey on the roster? Or what if Ramsey refuses to play for Coughlin and Marrone? Well, I’d imagine either scenario could propel Khan to move the 24-year-old. And if so, I’d be willing to part with a first-rounder and a second if I were Roseman.

But what if Khan wasn’t so attached to Coughlin or Marrone? It’s not like the Jaguars have done much over the last two seasons, although quarterback Gardner Minshew has injected some energy into the team over the last few weeks.

It would be pretty easy to make Ramsey happy next offseason. Just fire the president and coach and give him the huge contract he’s been pining for. It may sound silly to side with a player over the front office, but it has happened before.

If Ramsey is no longer an option, there are other cornerbacks the Eagles could trade for, even if they can survive recent injuries to Ronald Darby (hamstring), Sidney Jones (hamstring) and Avonte Maddox (concussion). Here are some possibilities:

Chris Harris, Broncos. He signed a one-year contract this offseason and could be just a rental for the remainder of his $11 million deal. But the Eagles are trying to win now and Harris, at his best, is a premium corner. He also knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

Adoree’ Jackson, Titans. The former first-round pick hasn’t quite lived up to expectations. Did you see him get beaten by former Eagles receiver Marken Michel in the preseason? He’s only 24 and has the tools. But he has only one year left on his rookie deal and Tennessee might be willing to unload him for a second-day pick if its season starts to go belly-up.

William Jackson, Bengals. Cincinnati is brutally bad. Jackson hasn’t been much better, particularly his tackling. But his poor play could just be the product of playing on a losing team. The Bengals picked up the fifth-year option on his contract, but it isn’t guaranteed.

Trumaine Johnson, Jets. Signed to a whopping five-year, $72.5 million contract in 2018, he has been a huge disappointment. New Jets GM Joe Douglas would love to unload Johnson, but it’s unlikely he’ll find anyone willing to take on that deal, as is. The Eagles will get an up-close look at him Sunday.

Quinton Dunbar, Redskins. Dunbar has been arguably Washington’s best player this season. That might not be saying much, but he’s a legit outside man-defending corner. It’s tough to see the Redskins making a trade in the division, even if they’re essentially already out of the NFC East race.

Patrick Peterson, Cardinals. He’s currently serving a six-game suspension for using performance-enhancing drugs. Arizona GM Steve Keim recently said that Peterson isn’t up for sale. But any player is available for the right price. What would it take to haul in maybe the best corner in the NFL?

Xavien Howard, Dolphins. He just signed a five-year, $75 million contract, so it’s hard to see Miami taking the cap hit after a trade. Even if he’s unhappy about the losing, he’s got millions of reasons to be content for the next few seasons. Howard, it should be noted, played for Eagles defensive assistant Matt Burke when he was the Dolphins’ defensive coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                X