No announcement yet.

What's your take on Thursday's defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take on Thursday's defense?

GREEN BAY, Wis. – It's hard to fathom that the Eagles twice held Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers without a single point after the Packers twice were inside the Eagles' 3-yard line in the fourth quarter, needing a touchdown to tie the game.

The first time came when the Packers had a 1st-and-goal from the 1 early in the period. The second time came on Nigel Bradham's interception with 20 seconds left that preserved the Eagles' 34-27 win.

It was anything but a defensive masterpiece as the Eagles gave up 491 total yards, including 422 through the air by Rodgers.

But for the Eagles, it was a thing of beauty. The Packers had seven chances to score touchdowns with the ball inside the Eagles' 20 during the course of the game. They only did so three times.

"All we could do was try to put our hands up, and hope that people make plays," defensive end Brandon Graham said. "We ended up making the plays at the end."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Schwartz' defense is soooooo frustrating but in the end they make stops and keep opposing teams from the end zone unlesssss……..it is Detroit or some other team where they lose.
    I don't know, maybe if he had a healthy crew for 16 games they would be talked about among the best but they don't (no one does) so they are average. Rated high in some areas and rated low in others while being middle of the road in others. If you live an die by the big stop at a crucial moment you live a risky life.
    EDIT: I will add that any time they play a good offense the Eagles offense better score points. Good QBs throwing to good WRs eat up that soft CB coverage every time.
    Last edited by NoDakIggle; 09-29-2019, 06:20 AM.
    "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      ”Schwartz' defense is soooooo frustrating but in the end they make stops and keep opposing teams from the end zone” unlesssss……..it is Detroit or some other team where they lose.
      I don't know, maybe if he had a healthy crew for 16 games they would be talked about among the best but they don't (no one does) so they are average. Rated high in some areas and rated low in others while being middle of the road in others. If you live an die by the big stop at a crucial moment you live a risky life.
      EDIT: I will add that any time they play a good offense the Eagles offense better score points. Good QBs throwing to good WRs eat up that soft CB coverage every time.
      Yeah, but is that Schwartz D or just great play by the players at the time.

Comment

Working...
      X