Oh no Howie :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no Howie :(

Bennett to the Cowboys. He was available and we let him go to our hated rival and probably our only chance at beating someone out for a playoff spot.

And the season continues to go south. For a freaking 7th rounder (possibly 6th)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ennett-cowboys

No thanks. I hate that guy. I'd sooner lose than have him back.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I didn't like him either until we signed him last year. Then he was a good teammate and a good Eagle. I wonder why Howie passed on him?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I didn't like him either until we signed him last year. Then he was a good teammate and a good Eagle. I wonder why Howie passed on him?
        The dude can play. The worst thing is we let him go to the team that is blocking our only real path to the playoffs (and hated rival).

I agree that there must be something more to this. The team was quite willing to trade him to the Pats this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          The dude can play. The worst thing is we let him go to the team that is blocking our only real path to the playoffs (and hated rival).

I agree that there must be something more to this. The team was quite willing to trade him to the Pats this offseason.
          Totally disagree--- the team that is blocking our playoff bid ---- Plays its home games at the Linc!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Totally disagree--- the team that is blocking our playoff bid ---- Plays its home games at the Linc!
            OK. Very true indeed.

Comment

He wanted more money from my understanding. So we got rid of him.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                He wanted more money from my understanding. So we got rid of him.
                The Birds wanted him to take a pay-cut and the Pats gave him a raise. Pretty easy decision for him to make.

Comment

Hopefully he can carve up that locker room like ScanDICK tried to do here

Seriously when the Patriots trade you its usually because you can't play anymore
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    Hopefully he can carve up that locker room like ScanDICK tried to do here

Seriously when the Patriots trade you its usually because you can't play anymore
                    That defense of the Pats is downright scary! Believe me I hear about it every day. They've only given up 61 points in 8 games! Maybe they just don't need him and are playing younger guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      That defense of the Pats is downright scary! Believe me I hear about it every day. They've only given up 61 points in 8 games! Maybe they just don't need him and are playing younger guys?
                      Could be, they do have a very good defense. But I doubt for a 7th round pick they would have dealt him unless they thought he had no usefulness.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I subscribe to the "we don't need him, but someone else could so lets screw those Eagles that beat us in the SB and trade him in their division for a 7th rounder"

that is all too classic Belichick

I cannot be convinced that they could not have gotten more than a 7th rounder

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                          I subscribe to the "we don't need him, but someone else could so lets screw those Eagles that beat us in the SB and trade him in their division for a 7th rounder"

that is all too classic Belichick

I cannot be convinced that they could not have gotten more than a 7th rounder
                          I want to laugh but I wouldn't put it past old Bill to do that!

Comment

Working...
                          X