Observations Eagles/Bills game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles/Bills game

This team showed me a ton today. They showed me that they still care. To dominate on both sides of the ball like they did against a team that is 5-1 at home is a signature win. Just like the Packers game was.

1. Wentz had a terrific game today. Playing in the conditions he did today, zero turnovers by him. He made plays when he had to. My only concern was I think two of the sacks he took he could have gotten rid of the ball but once again it seemed like there were no receivers open. Got hit in the head and taken down by his neck on the one sack. Should have been a flag, especially after seeing the flag they threw on Graham. Not sure why Wentz doesn't get that same respect from the officials in the NFL.

2. Offensive line was dominant. I mean dominant in the run game. They took a really talented defensive line and made them their bitch in the run game.

3. I thought Dillard had an excellent game, he did give up a sack but I think that is something that with a little bit of strength in the off season will make him a dominant left tackle. Excellent draft pick by Howie.

4. Today was officially Miles Sanders coming out party. Not that I thought he was terrible this year, I think he was playing pretty well, missed some holes and of course the fumble. But overall the kid is really starting to shine. We have something with him. Doesn't sound like his shoulder injury is of too much concern.

5. Great game by Jordan Howard, not just running the ball but he made a nice block on the run by Sanders for the TD. I want to see more of this two back look going forward.

6. Derrick Barnett was really good today as were Fletcher Cox . I think the rookie tackles held up ok but they got pushed around a little in the pass game opening up lanes for Allen to run.

7. Schwartz still pisses me off. You stop a running QB on delayed blitz up the middle and spying him. Schwartz really didn't do any of that. Have to say though this is the best the defense played all year (except for the Jets game but that was the Jets).

8. Having both Darby and Mills back we are showing we have at least two just below league average corners which is a major upgrade. Sidney Jones though?? We should get Strap back next week and he should be the nickel, Maddox is also close.

The time is now Howies. I think the team showed him its a playoff team today. You can't ignore the two wins in Buffalo and Green bay. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make multiple moves. Both shipping out and obtaining players.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Wentz finally ran the ball today. That was the best sign and I think it helped the run game.

I agree on Dillard. He is an 8-10 year LT. We don’t need Peters.

Brooks is so excellent. Kelce is ok and so are Lane and Isaac.

Darby can cover and he showed it today.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Good game. Looked like they checked their jocks and found they have what they need.
      Good game by Wentz IMM although I think some of the sacks are on him. I don't have the analytics but he seems to hold the ball too long. He makes throws few guys can make.
      OL got a chance to show what they can do in the run game when they get lathered up. Still letting in a lot of pressure on Wentz though. Not sure if this performance will make it easier or harder to trade Big V this week
      Agree it was a great game by the RBs. I fully expect them to try to sign Howard and have no concerns about RBs going forward.
      I thought the 3 recent DT additions did okay. Allen is a running QB who is going to get his. They held him in pretty well and allowed the DL to pressure him in the pocket. Graham had a good day. He may not be what he was two years ago but he is not cooked or finished.
      Not sure if I believe it or not but CBs made it through a game uninjured. Darby and Mills are okay while Jones is frustrating. Can't see paying any of these guys quality money
      Birds dug themselves a hole again this year but there are a lot of games left and they don't have to make up much to win the division
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

One thing on Wentz holding the ball, I just think its his nature. He is going to take some sacks he shouldn't but then again he is going to make plays he shouldn't Good with the bad.

Right now its easy to defend the Eagles passing game. You have one WR position that is essentially none existent. Last catch Hollins had was in Green Bay. That is taking one half of the field away. They are doubling Ertz, so it leaves it to Goedert (who played well), Jeffrey who looks to still be injured as he is slower than at TE right now and Aghodrop.

Biggest need right now is another receiver, followed closely by a DT and even closer by another CB (fools gold yesterday with the wind, they couldn't throw deep)
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Can we please stop running the sweeps to Nelson? After one success, the Bills sniffed it out. It seems that other teams are aware of it. To compound the problem, NA tries to dance out of the loss and makes it even worse. If the play has been busted by the defense just dive forward. Damn he frustrates me.

Comment

Yea that has been my take for awhile-- WR and CB are the team needs going forward. Other areas may need tinkering but WR and CB are issues
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

My take:
              1. I still dislike Schwartz and his scheme. Again to many easy conversions on 3rd and long
              2. Defense did play a lot better though. Can they sustain that next week against even more desperate Bears team ?
              3. Great game by running backs and O line. Congrats to Doug on sticking with run. Maybe weather dictated it but coming the Andy Reid school wind usually means you can pass even more. Glad Doug didn't do that.
              4. WRs are still hurting this team. I dont if they cant get separation or scheme but something has to be done.
              5. Wentz did well. I agree he holds the ball too long. Gotta learn the Rogers way and just throw it away and live for another day.
              Overall they decided they weren't gonna let outside noise or inside noise distract them this week. Solid team win

Comment

I listened on the radio, they made it sound like Jefferies was not making effort in the early stages of the game.
                Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
                  I listened on the radio, they made it sound like Jefferies was not making effort in the early stages of the game.
                  Jeff had a couple drops on 50/50 plays early but that was it. He played strong and took a beating the rest of the game. No problems there other than he hurt his shoulder pretty good. I can't remember if he came back in but I think that he did.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Better... but this team needs to get consistent. I'll get all "golly gee" after a few more positive games.

Comment

Working...
                    X