No announcement yet.

Trip to Philly (stadium tour and game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Philly (stadium tour and game)

A few highlights from our Philly trip:

My daughter and I stayed at an Airbnb in South Philly, just off of Oregon Ave. Great location to experience Philly. Our host gave us lots of recommendations for places to eat and things to do in the area. The subway was close as well to get us down to city hall and back.

On Saturday, we went to the Link for the noon stadium tour that had been sold out since August. The tour has a limit of 35 but they let us and 10 more join the tour. The tour guide was fantastic and it was only $15 for a 2 hour tour of the press box, locker room, super bowl trophy, press conference room, and walking out of the tunnel on to the field.
    With the tour we also got 15% on the everything pro shop so we got the $15 back and more. If you are ever there for a game, I would highly recommend doing this tour!

Went the Leafs-Flyers game on Saturday night. Shootout went to 11 shooters before the Flyers lost. All we had was Eagles gear, so we stood out like sore thumbs. I have a feeling that Flyers fans and birds fans aren't same breed.

The Eagles game was a great experience. We sat in 135 (about the goalline of the lower level). Great seats but unfortunately both Eagles touchdowns were at the other end.
    We watched the warmups from the first row and you could definitely tell that Desean was not 100%. He looked like we was running routes at about 75%.

One play that happened right in front of us was on the opening drive. I think it was 2nd and goal and they called a play action boot and Wentz had Hollins open in the back of the end zone but instead tried to force it into Ertz and had it batted down. I don't think all the blame for the lack of production from Hollins and Agholor can be put on them. Wentz has to trust them throw it to them when they are open.

The drops are just killing this team. The fans were really giving it to Jeffery as they should have been. The ball that Sproles dropped was 100% catchable. He needs to get both hands on that ball and if he does, he goes for at least another 20 yards. There was nobody out in front of that.

Overall, just a great trip and nice to see and Eagles win.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Great to hear rspurr. Glad you had a good trip
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

sounds like a lot of fun. someday i will take my girls to philly to watch a game. my older one likes to watch now for a few minutes and then goes back to playing roblox
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Glad you and your girls had such a good time!! True Eagles fan!!

Comment

forgot to mention rspurr but you are right in that Eagle fans and Flyers fans might be a different breed but there is a great overlap of fans for both. In fact on Sat night I went to a juniors hockey game and saw a gal with a Flyers shirt and Eagles hat (she was from Vineland in SJ). I had on a Flyers shirt and she came over and asked if I was from Philly. For me I have always believed in Philly teams are Philly teams. Now I know some don't see it that way but college, pro, baseball, football, hockey, basketball, or checkers I go Philly. Just the way I grew up
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X