Eagles - Dallas observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles - Dallas observations

Wow what a game. Hats off to Doug and Schwartz for winning this game with a battered and bruised team. Guys who were on the practice squad a few weeks ago not only playing but contributing.

1. Carson Wentz was great today. I don't want to hear anything else about it. He missed one throw to Ertz that unfortunately was a hospital ball. Other than that he ran when he needed to, he escaped sacks. Yes he got stripped again when he tried to throw. That is either in the depth of setup or on his OT which Peters got beat like a drum and fast on that. More on Peters later.

2. Mile Sanders is turning into a star. The kid has looked faster and faster every week. He got hit in the backfield several times but that was on the line.

3. The offensive line was up and down but in particular Jason Peters was terrible today and I mean terrible. He got beat on almost every play, he committed yet another off sides penalty. Got called for a hold. Gave up a quick pressure on the strip sack of Carson. I think he should be benched going forward and I think they did at the end of the game because Dillard was in there.

4. Hats off to the defense but also hats off to Dak I played like a 4th round draft pick today Prescott. He missed many a receiver, his receivers dropped the ball.

5. I do think Doug really screwed up right before the half. He should have ran on the 3rd down right before the field goal. If you miss the field goal then you don't give them any time.

6. Speaking of missed field goals. Giving Elliot the money might just have been a mistake. I get that 55 yard field goals are not give me's but he has to hit them. Those six points he missed could have lost us this game. Going forward we can't have that.

7. Hats off to Sidney Jones that is two games now he won with big plays at the end. I even have to say I saw Craig James out there making some plays.

8. Ronald Darby shouldn't be back next year. He can not track a ball in the air.

9. Love seeing Fletcher Cox making plays out there today.

Can we get the injuries to stop. I mean this is just stupid right now how many injuries this team is going through. Just crazy.

Overall win next week and we get a playoff game.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Peters should be benched but how?

Edwards is a player guys. He is a LB of the fire along with Nate Gerry.

Sidney Jones.... SHOCKED.

Lastly.... Goedert. Damn that kid can play.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I hope Ertz is ok!
      Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Ever since I slammed Carson for not earning his money, he's been earning his money.

I agree on Miles Sanders. I think the kid has a bright future.

Jason Peters. It's time. Dude is a sure fire HOFer, but father time always wins.

The Eagles secondary still looks suspect. It was nice to see Dak missing guys and their WRs dropping balls right and left, but there were a lot of plays left on the field. Guys were getting open.

Elliot tried real hard to cost them the game. After that first miss, I thought it was a mistake for Doug to send him out for another 50+ yarder.

All in all though, you have to give everyone a lot of credit for coming out with a depleted roster and beating the Cowboys like that. Jason Garrett wasn't doing a whole lot of clapping today.

Now, here's the thing. You know that the Cowboys are going to come out and whip the Redskins next week. The Eagles have to bring it and beat the Giants. Period.

Comment

How about that. Man up when it is time to man up. Had guys over for the game and the drinks started flowing pretty well in quarter and into the night.
          The TV mouths talked about how the birds didn't deserve to win with the lineup they threw out there-- some picked them anyway including Ted Bruschi and Rex Ryan-- and they were probably right but Doug and Schwartz were at there best. Although I thought Doug should've went for the field goal the first time when the score was 10-3. Thereafter he rolled Elliot out and Mr. Clutch just wasn't.
          Anyway, I have been hard on Sydney Jones and won't apologize for that but he made a hell of a play in the endzone. If that is the guy he is I have no problem keeping him but if he is going to be the healthy scratch guy I still say let him go. I am also hard on Darby and maybe he continues to be hurt but I am tired of his game.
          I will also say or agree with those who have said Dallas left a lot of plays on the field. Dak failed on a number of passes and it is amazing how Elliot isn't on the field at important times. Not sure if that is him or Garrett or Moore but Jerry is going to be in someone's ass. Great!
          Wentz and Goedert both showed why they are high draft picks. I know some advocate trading Ertz but a team with a brutal WR corps needs to keep those two.
          I don't have belief they can win the super bowl but I do believe they can be a disrupter in the playoffs. However, if they lose next week my season will still have been salvaged by embarrassing Dallas on national TV.
          Still a little hungover.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

For the first time this year I can say I was actually really excited after a win. Not because I think this team is going to win a Super Bowl but because it shuts up all the nah sayers. This has been a very trying and difficult year all around. Changes are going to happen no matter what this off-season. But to see a bunch of backups and practice squad players plus Carson, Cox and even Malcolm Jenkins step up and make the type of plays we needed against the team we love to hate, was special.

Now with the way this season will go is the Eagles will lose to the Giants but about 10 minutes later Dak will throw a pick sick to backup corner Josh Norman and Washington will win. Somehow, someway putting the Eagles into the playoffs because well that is just how this season has gone.

Comment

sorry, but IMO Jason Peters played a pretty good game. The holding penalty was lame as fuck and the one pressure on Wentz occurred during a switch with Seumalo and Peters picked up his guy.I am far more concerned with Doug's decisions than any of the line play last night.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

The block in back call on Peters was further evidence that the NFL is a joke. That was NOT a block in back.

Listen JP is a Hall of Famer and deserves to play but Dillard is better.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I have no illusions this team is going far should they beat the Giants. However last night was as sweet as any regular season win can be. Thank you Eagles!

Comment

They played their asses off with practice squaders starting. As the Fox commentators said after the game: The Eagles had the pedigree, the heart, Dallas just doesn't have it.

I loved seeing Jerry Jones leaving the game early. What a punk.

They did get lucky with Dak being inaccurate and the Dallas WRs acting like Aggie all game.

Great job on keeping the ewok under control. I don't remember seeing him doing the "feed me" thing once.

Comment

By far the best game of the year based on need and talent available!

I ate my crow in another thread.

But do not take the Vagiants lightly---- they in fact do have something to play for---- keeping the Eagles from winning the Division. Key will be getting up early and then the Gnats should fade.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        By far the best game of the year based on need and talent available!

I ate my crow in another thread.

But do not take the Vagiants lightly---- they in fact do have something to play for---- keeping the Eagles from winning the Division. Key will be getting up early and then the Gnats should fade.
                        They can not take them for granted. I am very worried that Ertz is done for the year. Same with Darby. Given a week to prepare for the Eagles without those two, knowing that its a stretch for Johnson to play, Agholor probably won't play and who knows if Jordan Howard will every play again.

Sounds like we will have some more of the practice squad brigade coming up this week.

Comment

My take.

That was about as solid a team win as you can get. Offense moved the ball well until Doug and Mike Groh would get stupid on 3rd and short. O line played well for most part. The block in the back Peters was a make up call from the roughing call that went against the Cowboys.
                          Defense contained running game, Pass defense is just terrible. They played better but they got a few gifts from Cowboys receivers.
                          Jake needs to get his head out of his bank account and make a damn FG!
                          Give me more of these hungry guys like Ward, Davis and Scott!
                          Sanders is special!
                          Wentz was great! Nearly got Ertz killed but for most part played a outstanding game.

Man the hell with Dak that warrior with the sore but not sore shoulder!
                          Jason Garrett see you in New York ruining Daniel Jones and Saquan!
                          Jerry for the love of God stop feeding Chris Christie that blubbering bastard!
                          I hope they win the division but even they dont thank you for showing more fight with guys just battling then that uber talented no heart having team from Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                            My take.

That was about as solid a team win as you can get. Offense moved the ball well until Doug and Mike Groh would get stupid on 3rd and short. O line played well for most part. The block in the back Peters was a make up call from the roughing call that went against the Cowboys.
                            Defense contained running game, Pass defense is just terrible. They played better but they got a few gifts from Cowboys receivers.
                            Jake needs to get his head out of his bank account and make a damn FG!
                            Give me more of these hungry guys like Ward, Davis and Scott!
                            Sanders is special!
                            Wentz was great! Nearly got Ertz killed but for most part played a outstanding game.

Man the hell with Dak that warrior with the sore but not sore shoulder!
                            Jason Garrett see you in New York ruining Daniel Jones and Saquan!
                            Jerry for the love of God stop feeding Chris Christie that blubbering bastard!
                            I hope they win the division but even they dont thank you for showing more fight with guys just battling then that uber talented no heart having team from Texas!
                            You're dead right about the call against Peters Rob. That call almost got my tv screen broken. Good thing that I was drinking cans.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                            X