• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well any news from the mash unit?

any more injury updates yet?

Bad News

AP Images/Adam Hunger
    Eagles Injury Update: Brandon Brooks is out for the season after suffering shoulder injury
    By Dave Zangaro December 30, 2019 12:58 PM

In a season filled with tough injuries, go ahead and rank this one near the top.

On Sunday afternoon, Eagles Pro Bowl right guard Brandon Brooks suffered a shoulder injury that will require surgery, head coach Doug Pederson said. Brooks is done for the season.

Brooks, 30, separated his right shoulder during an extra point late in the second quarter of the Eagles’ NFC East-clinching 34-17 win over the Giants on Sunday. Pederson said there’s additional damage beyond a separated shoulder. Brooks was in obvious pain and was carted off the field with his right arm in a stationary position.

“Brandon’s a big loss,” Pederson said. “He’s an anchor of the offensive line, he’s big and physical and he’s a professional. He comes to work every day ready to go. But to Matt Pryor’s credit, he stepped in and did well in the game yesterday. If he’s the guy, we expect him to pick up where Brandon left off. Definitely a big loss in Brandon’s case.”

Pryor, in his second NFL season, stepped in to take the right guard spot on Sunday, but the Eagles might have a choice to make for the upcoming wild-card round playoff game against the Seahawks on Sunday afternoon.

Lane Johnson (ankle) is expected to return to practice this week and if he’s able to play, the Eagles will have their pick of Pryor or Halapoulivaati Vaitai for the right guard spot. They have both played guard before.

If Johnson can’t return this weekend, the Eagles would start Pryor at right guard and Vaitai at right tackle.

Either way, the Eagles won’t have their Pro Bowl combination of Brooks and Johnson on the right side for the rest of the season.

This is obviously a huge loss. Brooks has been the Eagles’ best and most consistent offensive lineman this season. They rewarded him last month with a four-year contract extension that made him the highest-paid guard in the NFL and will keep him in Philly through 2024.

This is the second straight year Brooks’ season ends with an injury. He tore his Achilles last January at the Superdome in New Orleans during the divisional round game and amazingly returned to start the season opener in September. He’ll have another rehab this offseason, but based on what we’ve seen, there’s a good chance he’ll come back better than ever.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Fortunately, I am not expecting anything else from this team. Given the circumstances, they have already achieved something amazing.

Its all gravy from here on out. I really don't expect to be nervous at all against Seattle.

As a side note.......my wife again pointed out this morning that I have a sports addition (Eagles) and need medicine because I get too stressed out during the games. She doesn't get that medicine is not going to overcome all the psychological damage due to being an Eagles fan since the 60's

Comment

Daeshon Hall tore his ACL on the last play of the game, but here is some good news

Eagles Injury Update: Good news on Miles Sanders and Avonte Maddox
        By Reuben Frank December 30, 2019 1:05 PM

Good news for Miles Sanders and Avonte Maddox, who both left the Giants game Sunday with injuries in the second quarter and didn’t return.

Doug Pederson said Monday that Sanders and Maddox are both OK and should be available for the playoff opener against the Seahawks on Sunday.

Sanders, the Eagles’ leading rusher and Offensive Rookie of the Year candidate, left in the second quarter with an ankle sprain. Maddox left in the second quarter with an unknown injury.

The Eagles are thin at both running back and cornerback, so their return is huge.

Sanders led all NFL rookies in scrimmage yards, and Maddox averaged 44 snaps in the 12 games he was healthy for. With Ronald Darby and Jalen Mills both out, he made his sixth start of the year on Sunday in the Eagles' 34-17 division clincher over the Giants.

“Miles, the ankle, he’s going to be day-to-day, should be OK, got good news on him, same with Avonte,” Pederson said. “Both those guys are tough guys (and) they should both be OK.”

Pederson also said Zach Ertz (broken rib), who missed the Giants game, and Lane Johnson (high ankle sprain), who's missed the last two games, both have a chance to practice this week and aren’t ruled out for Sunday.

Pederson didn’t confirm a published report that Ertz has a lacerated kidney in addition to the rib injury.

“I don’t believe a lot of those reports, obviously, but I know this, Zach’s a tough guy and we’re going to be smart and we’re going do our due diligence before we put any injured player back out on the field,” he said. “But we’re excited that we can at least incorporate him back into the work this week … and see where he’s at at the end of the week.”

Pederson also said defensive end Daeshon Hall, who played 51 snaps on defense this year and 71 on special teams, tore his ACL on the final play of the game, so he’ll be placed on IR, which will open up a roster spot for a healthy body.

Receiver Marken Michel and running back De’Angelo Henderson are both possible practice squad call-ups.

The Eagles also lost Pro Bowl right guard Brandon Brooks for the rest of the season with a shoulder injury that will require surgery (see story).
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Zach Ertz ???? I thought that the kidney laceration puts him out for the year ?

Comment

ExEagle Mychal Kendricks tore his ACL in last nights game

Comment

What is the deal on Howard? They say he was ok and gonna play some, but I think I saw him in there for like only 1 play? Some sort of game they were playing?

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it-- on Johnson, Howard, Agyy and Ertz!!!!

Comment

I think Howard was more of a conditioning thing. They said they would only play him in an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                    Zach Ertz ???? I thought that the kidney laceration puts him out for the year ?
                    There are different levels of laceration, there was no talk that he had surgery so I think he is at the lowest level which could heal in 1-2 weeks, think of it more like a bruise.

I would be more concerned with his cracked ribs. That would not be healed that quickly.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      There are different levels of laceration, there was no talk that he had surgery so I think he is at the lowest level which could heal in 1-2 weeks, think of it more like a bruise.

I would be more concerned with his cracked ribs. That would not be healed that quickly.
                      He can wear a flak jacket for his ribs. The biggest problem is going to be whether he can breathe or not.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Lot of info and misinfo this early in the week. Only thing for certain are Brooks and Hall going on IR so that opens a couple of spots for people currently working burger shack. Last week Doug said Ertz was out early in the week and some busted on him for making the declaration too early so I have no problem with him not committing.
                        The good is the news on Sanders and Maddox. The questionable news is just how healthy is Howard. Not sure how many plays he got but I only remember one. Maybe he is healthy enough to be active but not healthy enough to be better than a really healthy Boston Scott. I would think he would be just a little more ready after another week of practice.

EDIT: just checked snap counts and Howard did indeed play one snap
                        Last edited by NoDakIggle; 12-31-2019, 07:19 AM.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

It will be interesting to see who gets called up this week from the PS. Hell who is even on it now?

Comment

Sucks for Hall who appeared to flash some good stuff. Ultimately, there was no need for that injury. The Giants were down by multiple possessions with a minute and a half left and decided to pad their stats in meaningless plays.

Comment

Bosco offensive player of the week!

Some nice video of him here

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...uad-award-news
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X