Well this sucks, Dallas has fired Garrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this sucks, Dallas has fired Garrett

His presence on the sideline all but guaranteed the pukes would be average at best. Sure we still have ole Jer-uh meddling with the team, but seeing Garrett on the sidelines was a welcome reminder of the cowboys assured ineptitude with every cheerful clap the moron made. Eagle fans will certainly miss Howdy Doody. Thanks for a decade of stupidity Jason. You were the best at being the worst for an organization that definitely deserves the worst!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...se-per-report/
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

It's not official yet. Everyone is running with Ed Werder's report. Officially, the Cowboys have provided no information about Garrett's status.

Comment

It sounds like they will just let his contract expire and move on.
      Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Don't worry guys, nothing will change. Check this out from Yardbarkers

“When they talked last offseason about an extension that Garrett wanted, I was told he wanted the security of the contract or if denied and forced to coach his final season, then Garrett wanted to control his own fate by calling plays,” Werder said, as relayed by Bleacher Report. “He was denied both requests, and Jones promoted Kellen Moore, with one season of coaching experience, to offensive coordinator and empowered him to call plays for the first time in his career.”

Can you believe it? Talk about BS. Jones goes and promotes a kid to call plays when Garrett's job is on the line !!! You can't make this shit up. Maybe he'll promote the kid to HC. Please live to at least 100 Jerruh.
        Last edited by Eagle60; 01-03-2020, 11:32 PM.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

sounds like the perfect guy to take over
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Well I am more worried about Washington. Until Snyder shows he is going to do more stupid s*** I have to think he has come around -- hiring Rivera and Jack Del Rio indicates he has learned his lesson
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I would prefer the division be tough instead of these varsity/ JV scrimmages we've been having.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                I would prefer the division be tough instead of these varsity/ JV scrimmages we've been having.
                Careful what you wish for MM. Part of NE's success has been because they have played in a horseshit division for the past 15 years. There hasn't been a decent QB in that mess other than Brady since Marino and Jim Kelly played!

Comment

I enjoy good football. I would rather we are playoff hardened all season long. Those days when Theisman, Riggens, Taylor, Emmitt, etc were on the other side were the best Sundays for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Careful what you wish for MM. Part of NE's success has been because they have played in a horseshit division for the past 15 years. There hasn't been a decent QB in that mess other than Brady since Marino and Jim Kelly played!
                    I'm with you big guy!!!!

Comment

Looks like McCarthy will be the next Dallas head coach.

Comment

I don't see McCarthy or Rivera working out. They don't seem like the kind to let the owners meddle

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Well I am more worried about Washington. Until Snyder shows he is going to do more stupid s*** I have to think he has come around -- hiring Rivera and Jack Del Rio indicates he has learned his lesson
                          No worries in my book ND. What has Rivera ever done? SuperAss had a good year and they had a good run for 2 years. After that he's been an average to below average coach. Jack is a hell of a nice guy but did nothing in Oakland. Add Snyder into the equation and what have you got? Not much I'd say.

Comment

McCarthy is a nice guy and has a good record. But, he wasn't out there making those miracle plays with his arm/legs. That was Aaron Rodgers.

I was worried about the Cowboys going after some younger offensive genius. McCarthy does not exactly make me fear the Cowboys any more than Garrett.

But, what do I know. I thought Doug Peterson was a terrible hire.

Comment

McCarthy is OK I guess. Rodgers and Dak have similar styles in the bootleg, move in the pocket. etc., so the hire makes sense.
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X