• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ertz cleared to play!

Report: Zach Ertz cleared to play in Eagles vs. Seahawks game

Wow.
    By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Jan 4, 2020, 2:35pm EST

There was previously some talk that Zach Ertz’s season could be over following the report he suffered a lacerated kidney. But apparently that’s not the case.

Ertz has been medically cleared to play in the Philadelphia Eagles’ wild card game against the Seattle Seahawks, according to a report from NBC Sports Philadelphia’s Derrick Gunn.

Ertz was limited in practice all week prior to being ruled questionable on the final injury report. He missed the Eagles’ Week 17 game after originally suffering his rib and back (read: kidney) injuries in Week 16.

It remains to be seen just how much playing time Ertz will get against the Seahawks. How cautious is the team going to be with him? How effective will he be?

If Ertz can really contribute, well, that’s a big deal. The Seahawks allowed the second most yards to opposing tight ends in 2019. The Eagles running 12 personnel with Ertz and Dallas Goedert is a big upgrade over using the same package with Goedert and Joshua Perkins.

One thing’s for sure: Ertz’s toughness shouldn’t be in question. He’s fighting through some serious pain to be out there on Sunday.

The Eagles will officially announce their inactives at 3:10 PM Eastern on Sunday.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I am shocked.

Now, I am just hoping the right side of our banged up OL holds together.

Tomorrow is going to be so much fun. I have no expectations at this point and it's all gravy from here on out.

Comment

Depends on which Ertz we get--- close to 100% or more like a 40% injured Ertz.

Any word on howard?

Comment

Working...
      X