No announcement yet.

My Off season Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aw- I can agree with that. There are two or three safeties ready to make an NFL impact. If I can get one of them I am okay moving on from Jenkins. I would also consider moving on if I had an NFL ready high impact LB. But they don't as of now. I am not ready to move on if I am counting on some sixth round pick and Grugier-Hill. I am also not ready to make him the highest paid safety but I am willing to give him a bone so he has more money.
    I disagree that Jenkins fell off. I think he had more versatility than any other (or at least top five) safeties in the NFL. I don't know where he falls as far as tackles, pass breakups, etc but I would say he is top half. And that is tough when you are doing far more to cover up the shortcomings of the CBs.
    I also agree on Curry. He is a guy who gives quality time to give an impact player a breather. Now if Miller is ready to be more than a game day inactive I might change my mind but that is where we need a coach to make the call.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I hate ohio state but there is a safety there that I wouldn't mind seeing in green. He is a player
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I thought that Jenkins played very average for the first 10 games or so. The last 5 or 6 games of the year he looked like a kid again and was all over the field. I want him around for awhile.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I thought that Jenkins played very average for the first 10 games or so. The last 5 or 6 games of the year he looked like a kid again and was all over the field. I want him around for awhile.
          playing Safety requires a lot of faith in the other guys back there. How do you have faith in the turds we ran out there most of the season ?
          I seriously wouldn't mind letting most of them walk. LeBlanc is one I would keep
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            playing Safety requires a lot of faith in the other guys back there. How do you have faith in the turds we ran out there most of the season ?
            I seriously wouldn't mind letting most of them walk. LeBlanc is one I would keep
            Maddox too!
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/01...020-nfl-draft/

This Simmons kid is ELITE. He is going to go in the first 15 picks. I honestly would have zero issue with figuring out how to move up and get him.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Defensive Backfield is ALWAYS a crap shoot IMHO. I don't pretend to know about the College standouts... casue it's College.... but we do need D help for the entire back 7. I think I am ok with the Dline.

LB's and the back 4 is where we need to upgrade!

Comment

The Simmons kid is good but I much rather have the WR in the 1st round. Especially considering Justin Simmons from the Broncos is a FA and can plug right into this system or any system. I think they let at least one of the safeties walk. I would not be surprised if Douglas finally gets moved to safety and the other safety is a rookie or FA signing. I think Vinny comes back on a vet minimum deal. Peters is gone. I don't think they move Ertz but its Howie so who knows? They need to get younger so a lot of these guys will be let go. I liked Howard but I am thinking now they find a thumper in the draft or go with Holyfield as the 3rd back.

Comment

Working...
                  X