Next up RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next up RB

Sanders established himself as the man. Boston Scott (who I called early as a player) also earned a shot on the team next year. Howard??? I'd sure like him back. Not sure if he will find a deal out there or if he wants back but I would like him for his power. Cory Clement-- man he needs to show he can make it through the season and that he still has the speed. I have a feeling Howard comes back. That puts it Sanders, Scott, Howard and then ….comp between Clement and a couple of PS types. I don't use a draft pick for a RB unless I think Howard isn't coming back and even then I scour the wires before using a pick.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I don't disagree with anything there NoDak. I think if all the guys are back at full health, Howard could be a fucking beast in this offense
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'll bet that they go the UDFA route at RB next spring ND. Howard signed a $2 million prove it deal with us and is now looking for a big payday that I don't think he's going to get. If he signs with us again he's batting 3rd. There are 2 relatively cheap RBs ahead of him that are going to get 90% of the touches next season. I suppose that Howard could get some more snaps if he stays but he's not even going to make the money that he made for us this year with us.

I like Sanders but how about that beast Henry on Tennessee?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

IMO they need a hammer in the RB corps a la Henry/Howard/Ajayi. Howard may be the guy if he's interested in staying. So I think it's Sanders/Howard/Scott/Clement/New RB

Comment

Sanders/Howard/Scott + someone else. I would love to have Howard back also.

But, I just have this feeling that Howard may not be back . He knows that Sanders proved himself capable of being a #1 back and Howard may not be interested in being a #2. Plus, there is something very strange about Howard not getting any carries again last week against the Seahags. It could be injury. But, I think there is something else going on, because we could have used him a few times at least.

Comment

I'm OK with bringing Howard back too. However, if somebody signs him you probably get a draft pick for him. They have a bevy of draft picks this year... 10 I think... including some extras in rounds 3-5 where you are likely to get a suitable replacement at a cheaper cost.

My only thought is if someone wants to pay Howard more than a RB that missed half the season I'd pass. This is seriously the easiest position to play in pro sports and make an immediate impact.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

All depends on if they can work out a deal to make Howard happy--- love to have Howard, Sanders and Scott with maybe a healthy Corey Clement, and then use resources elsewhere. Maybe take a 6th/7th rounder on a guy who has a high ceiling.

Comment

I love Howard but I think he walks. Holyfield takes that role or a rookie. Clement comes back to battle for a spot kinda like Smallwood did for all those years. BUt also I could see Howie swinging for the fences for Derrick Henry.

Comment

I can't see how the titans let Henry walk. Even if they do, our RBs can win in this league while our CBs can't. Spend the money where it is needed, not on luxuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                    I can't see how the titans let Henry walk. Even if they do, our RBs can win in this league while our CBs can't. Spend the money where it is needed, not on luxuries.
                    I know but stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                      I know but stranger things have happened.
                      You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                        Q f t

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                          I love Howard but I think he walks. Holyfield takes that role or a rookie. Clement comes back to battle for a spot kinda like Smallwood did for all those years. BUt also I could see Howie swinging for the fences for Derrick Henry.

With the cheap capable rbs that we already have I'd say don't hold your breath Rob. I'd love that BEAST though!!!
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                          X