Last Up WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Up WR

I'm not sure anyone can say this is a productive group and to say this is the poorest of our offensive positions seems obvious to me. #1 this year was lack of deep threat which of course is linked to our injury problems. So do you rely on DJ, draft a speedster, or go with one of the practice squad types. Practice squad guys are a good story but I'm not counting on them. And DJ probably should be back and I think will but I don't put all my eggs in that basket again. After lack of deep threat was talent. I am pretty well on record that Alshon isn't what he was. Aggie seems to have peaked and surely burnt his Walt Whitman bridges in Philly. JJAW didn't give what was expected but he is young and can still produce. PS guys are just that PS guys. I'd also add in that I don't know the locker room. It is on the coaches to know that and make it productive. If there is a sniff that Alshon and Wentz aren't 100% you have to make the call to fix it. Personally, I don't think those two have the chemistry. Just my opinion but that colors my view of what to do with the WRs.
    So, I let AJ and Aggie go, bring back DJ to compete for a job, give Ward Burnett Davis a full on opportunity to win a job in camp. Then I use two of my top three picks on WRs. It is a deep class. If I don't use a pick to move up I might even use a 4th or 5th for a third WR. WR is the focus of my talent eval and draft.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Statistically speaking this was the least productive group of receivers in football. Now there are reasons when you are playing with Joe from Wawa at one spot, Henry from Pats Steak at another you are not going to get the production you want. But overall the biggest thing they need here is health first and foremost. Alshon is a damn good receiver when he is healthy, he was not really healthy for most of the year. He looked slow because he was slow because of the lower body injuries he had. DeSean is a game changer think back to game one and that is what we missed most of the year. Agholor regressed and I hope this is the last time I ever have to mention his name. Most teams lose their top three guys and well its hard to expect them to be productive.

Now for next year: Both Alshon and DeSean will be back, but I don't want anything handed to them. Ward should be the slot receiver, Burnett & Davis may be more than we think. They caught the ball when it was thrown to them. Sure they probably need technique work but a full offseason in the program will help them as well as JJAW.

I want more though. I think they need to bring in at least two more receivers, speed guys. Guys like Hamler & Ruggs come to mind on the college ranks, also look at free agents like Demarcus Robinson from KC. I doubt we got out and spend the big bucks on another receiver so forget the likes of Cooper or even Robby Anderson they are going to get PAID. Think more like Robinson, more like Chester Rodgers who didn't have a good year last year but in 2018 caught 53 passes. Both Robinson and Rodgers come from similar offenses to ours.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

they need one guy and he better be elite or close to elite. all the other guys get better than.

I see this as like a pitching staff. If you force the 2 to be the one your whole staff sucks. If you get a clear stud than all of the sudden the rest of the guys become better.

Go get WR1 either via the draft, free agency, or a trade. I'd be all in on Odell Beckham. You can get him minus the signing bonus because Cleveland already paid that and he is only 27.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I think jackson and Aj are back! I think Ward keeps slot gig. Burnett or Davis stays as well. They draft a speed guy and a KR/PR type with some ball skills as well.

Comment

Jeffery/Jackson/Ward/JJAW/Draft prospect- FA- PS guys or any combo thereof.

While highly unlikely IMO, theres still a possibility that Jeffery is traded. Less of a cap hit that way.

Comment

Jeffery not worth much to anyone until he can show proof he is back to self. Keep him and let him prove it here.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Jeffery not worth much to anyone until he can show proof he is back to self. Keep him and let him prove it here.
              Same can be said for Jackson. Add to the group they have don't subtract. If Jeffrey and Jackson are both healthy next year with Ward in he slot we may just have what we thought we had after the Washington game this year. The biggest thing they need to do is add speed behind those guys. If Jackson goes down again they need a guy like Ruggs or Hamler or XXX behind him.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Definitely need a rookie speed receiver to be drafted. It seems like it takes most receivers 2 years to develop.
                Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  same can be said for jackson. Add to the group they have don't subtract. If jeffrey and jackson are both healthy next year with ward in he slot we may just have what we thought we had after the washington game this year. The biggest thing they need to do is add speed behind those guys. If jackson goes down again they need a guy like ruggs or hamler or xxx behind him.
                  yup!!

Comment

If they offer Agholor a nickel I'm out!!
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      If they offer Agholor a nickel I'm out!!
                      No you're not! You are a lifer like the rest of us! Between Vick and every nasty ass ex Cowboy, Giant and Redskin player they have signed you stayed. You ain't going no where.

Comment

Originally posted by roblew65 View Post
                        no you're not! You are a lifer like the rest of us! Between vick and every nasty ass ex cowboy, giant and redskin player they have signed you stayed. You ain't going no where.

...... Qft.......

Comment

Working...
                        X