I want McCown Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want McCown Here

In some capacity, he needs to be around this team. 40 year old guy kept playing with a torn hammy. Kudos , that's some tough assed shit right there.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I do not mind him at all as a veteren backup.... he actually did move the team... just couldn't get td's ... and with that talent out there--- not sure that is on him.

Comment

I am sorry but I do not want him on the playing field anymore. But I do want him in the field room and the practice field. Time to be quality control guy for the offense. There should a few younger vet QBs available this off season. I give him credit. He battled and the fact that he tore his hamstring and still played? The guy is a warrior

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
        I am sorry but I do not want him on the playing field anymore. But I do want him in the field room and the practice field. Time to be quality control guy for the offense. There should a few younger vet QBs available this off season. I give him credit. He battled and the fact that he tore his hamstring and still played? The guy is a warrior
        I don't know if rules allow this but if he is willing he could be some kind of position coach and because he will be a FA he could step right in and help the team. It's just my guess but I think that he has plenty of money and doesn't want to put in the grueling hours that coaches do so he would probably rather stay home and wait for a call if the Eagles need him.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
          Agree. First off nutting it out with a torn hammy cause you know there isn't anyone behind you gets you top kudos. Not trying to bust his balls here but need a better backup. From the things I've heard though some type of coaching gig is deserved. My guess though is he will go back to coaching kids in high school
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I wonder how the hell he played

Josh McCown to undergo surgery for torn hamstring
            Jan
            1/10/2020 1:25:16 PM

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Josh McCown will undergo surgery to repair a torn hamstring on Tuesday according to Tm McManus of ESPN.
            The surgery will require a six-month recovery period. . McCown suffered his injury in the second quarter of Sunday's Wild Card loss to Seattle, meaning he played the entire second half of that game with a torn hamstring. If we did not already have mad respect for one of the classiest men to ever don an NFL uniform, that heroic feat would cement his legacy. Once Carson Wentz had to leave the game with a concussion suffered on a controversial helmet-to-helmet hit from Jadeveon Clowney, The Eagles only other quarterback option if McCown had not stayed in the game was Greg Ward, a converted college quarterback who was also arguably the team's No.1 wide receiver in the game due to the decimated nature of Philly's receiving corps.
            The game marked McCown's first career playoff appearance and potentially his last with the 40-year-old likely headed for retirement this offseason. Of course, McCown also retired after the 2018 season to join ESPN as an analyst before changing his mind and signing with the Eagles in mid-August so anything is possible.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

No wonder he looked slow, he's 40 and I can't believe he can run at all with those balls
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

My newest hero!!!

Comment

Working...
                X