• Show
Clear All

• Howdy Doody is now a Giant

Odds

Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports

Giants hire Jason Garrett as offensive coordinator
    Originally posted on Pro Football Rumors
    By Andrew Ortenberg | Last updated 1/17/20
    Jason Garrett wasn’t out of a job too long. The Giants are planning to hire Garrett as their new offensive coordinator, a source told Ed Werder of ESPN.com.

Garrett staying in the division and getting to face the Cowboys twice a year will provide a lot of drama and entertainment, if nothing else. Garrett met with Giants brass a couple of days ago, and apparently everything went well. He caught a lot of flak his last few years in Dallas, but he will be a nice veteran presence to lean on for rookie head coach Joe Judge in New York. Garrett, who played quarterback in the league for nearly 15 years, will now be tasked with helping to develop Daniel Jones.

Garrett went a perfect 6-0 against the Giants the past three years, which couldn’t have hurt his cause with ownership. He was the offensive coordinator for the Cowboys for four seasons before serving as head coach for the past nine. Still only 53, the 2016 NFL Coach of the Year surely has his sights set on becoming a head coach again sometime in the near future. If he can get Jones to take the next step and develop like Dak Prescott did, that opportunity could come relatively soon.

The Giants are entering a new era of football, as they finally appear set to move on from Eli Manning. They fired Pat Shurmur after the season ended and brought in Judge, the Patriots’ receivers/special teams coach, to replace him. Judge’s staff is starting to fill out, as he already hired away defensive coordinator Patrick Graham from the Dolphins.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The Clapper is back Like the Hoody Doody reference. Because in New York
    Its Hoody Doody time, Its Hoody Doody Time. Now that song is stuck in my head
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I hope that Garrett kicks the Cowboys asses when they play, unless the Giants are more of a thread to us at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
        I hope that Garrett kicks the Cowboys asses when they play, unless the Giants are more of a thread to us at the time.
        I hope they decimate each other.

Comment

Probably a good hire for Judge. Garrett knows the division, certainly the cowgirls, and has had many important games against the birds
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X