Corey Davis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Davis?

Titans likely to decline Corey Davis's 5th-yr option, pick up Adoree Jackson's
    Feb
    2/21/2020 10:08:59 AM
    |More
    The Tennessee Titans will reportedly decline the fifth-year option on wide receiver Corey Davis while picking up the fifth-year option on cornerback Adoree Jackson according to John Glennon of The Athletic.

Although it is guaranteed for injury only, Davis would be due roughly $15.8 million under the option and his level of play in his first three seasons in the NFL has not come close to justifying that amount. The No. 5 overall pick of the 2017 draft out of Western Michigan was easily passed on the depth chart by second-round rookie A.J. Brown in 2019. It would be unfair to label Davis an outright bust — he posted 891 yards in 2018 — but he has not had the look of a future No. 1 wideout. Davis does have youth on his side, having turned 25 just last month.

Jackson, who was selected No.18-overall in the same draft out of USC, has fared better-although at times he has frankly been more name than game. But 2019 was by far his strongest season for the on-the-ri8se Titans and his fifth-year option is more affordable at around $10 million in 2021.

I don't even recognize his name but he sounds pretty good.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

went to a youtube highlight video, I know, not the best measure. IMO in his highlights there is nothing showing any real footwork. He looks like a big strong receiver and that's it. A career of 142 receptions for 1867 yards and 6 tds with a 13.1 avg doesn't say 10 million a year. His highlights aren't too high
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      went to a youtube highlight video, I know, not the best measure. IMO in his highlights there is nothing showing any real footwork. He looks like a big strong receiver and that's it. A career of 142 receptions for 1867 yards and 6 tds with a 13.1 avg doesn't say 10 million a year. His highlights aren't too high
      I don't want to pay ANYBODY $10 million a year!

Comment

Well, I assume we would not have to pay him $10m. Saw him live last year when the Birds lost in OT at Tennessee. He was unstoppable - at least by our secondary. I’d certainly kick the tires, if nothing else to make Keith Jones happy.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
          Well, I assume we would not have to pay him $10m. Saw him live last year when the Birds lost in OT at Tennessee. He was unstoppable - at least by our secondary. I’d certainly kick the tires, if nothing else to make Keith Jones happy.
          That's why I'm balking at $10 million.

Comment

I'm not sure there are any WRs that the birds shouldn't kick the tires on.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X