Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting read-technology and football: Speed tracking of current and prospective players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting read-technology and football: Speed tracking of current and prospective players

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagl...-20200306.html

Eagles ranked 22nd in average team speed at 12.85 mph. Super Bowl teams KC (1st) at 13.36 mph and Niners (2nd) at 13.35 mph

Wouldn't let me cut/paste all of it...
    INDIANAPOLIS — On a rain-soaked, blustery afternoon in Orchard Park, N.Y., Miles Sanders sprinted to daylight for the first rushing touchdown of his NFL career.

During the 65-yard score, a device in Sanders’ shoulder pads sent a signal to machines mounted on the top of the stadium, registering the information on the play.

It is an interesting read but I just think it is a new way to measure what one sees. A high end scout or coach could see that a player has a faster game speed than his combine speed but could never quantify it. Those coaches or scouts became successful but had to earn the trust of the head coach. Now they can give data. It is also much like trusting game tape over combine results. I think anyone would be foolish not to use this in conjunction with game tape and combine info right now.
    One thing they still haven't been able to measure is a guy's heart or desire to succeed
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      One thing they still haven't been able to measure is a guy's heart or desire to succeed
      Danny Watkins can't understand why you'd say such a thing

Comment

Working...
      X