CBSSports - Surprise 1st Rd Picks: Chinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBSSports - Surprise 1st Rd Picks: Chinn

In line with some comments in a preceding thread about desirable prospects getting pushed down to the Eagles pick, and the position versatility of hybrid LB/S types. If he goes in Rd1, it might push someone the Eagles covet into range, assuming that he goes before 21...

Didn't know that his uncle is HoF Safety Steve Atwater, fwiw.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-lack-of-buzz/

Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois

Told you guys about him prior to his combine, when, based on the numbers I was privy to from his pre-combine workouts, I expected to be off the charts. And Chinn delivered, big-time, in Indy. He left the scouting world with a mic drop. The production in college, every year, speaks for itself, and he continued to grow and add speed and muscle every year. Bright and engaging, like the rest of this list, there is not anything to worry about off the field or with his makeup or character. His uncle is Hall of Fame safety Steve Atwater, and Chinn can thump, too, and also has the athleticism to play centerfield. Has all the athletic traits teams covet in the modern pass-happy game, and also flashed the ability to get home on blitzes. This is not a great safety class and smart teams were already telling me they had a late 1/early 2 grade on him before he blew up the combine, back when mock nation had a fifth-round grade on him in many cases. I continue to hear great things, and expect him to join safeties like Byron Jones, Darnell Savage, Terrell Edmunds, Deone Bucannon, Keanu Neal and others as a guy who rose from relative pre-combine obscurity to hearing his name called on the first night of the draft.

I'd love him TP!! Also I've seen many names both in college football and the NFL that must be related to oldtimers that played played decades ago. Atwater was a hell of a ballplayer! MML is the position this team has lacked since Trotter's early years.

I'm also thinking that Mills is really going to surprise people at safety this year. He's a cocky guy who will love moving all over the place and isn't afraid to hit anybody either. It will take awhile for him to acclimate though.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
    X