Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquis Lee released

Per Ian Rapport-
    A surprise: The #Jaguars are releasing WR Marqise Lee, source said. One of their most productive receivers is now a free agent – fully healthy and completely cleared medically — right before the draft.
    Fly EaglesFly!

Here's why he was released

Jaguars release oft-injured WR Marqise Lee

The Jacksonville Jaguars have parted ways with Marqise Lee, releasing the oft-injured wide receiver on Monday.

The 39th overall pick of the 2014 draft, Lee agreed to a four-year contract with $16.5million guaranteed in March of 2018 with the Jaguars, but caught just three passes in the two seasons since signing that deal.

He missed all of the 2018 season because of a torn ACL, MCL and PCL in his left knee and appeared in six games last season before landing on Injured Reserve with a shoulder injury.

Lee had his best season in 2016, finishing with career highs of 63 receptions for 851 yards, along with three touchdowns. He followed that up with a solid 2017, leading the Jaguars with 56 catches for 702 yards and three touchdown receptions leading to his contract extension.

By waiving the 28-year-old Lee, the Jaguars save $5.25m, but also absorb $3.5 million in dead money.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

he won't be the last, with 40 new quality WRs coming in the next week, there's gonna be some talent to pick up
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Jags might be drafting a WR...

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
          Jags might be drafting a WR...
          .... forcing the Eagles to jump them to draft JJ.
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I just don't see the Eagles getting one of the top 3 WR. They will all be snapped up after the Cowboys pick, if not sooner.

I would love to get the LB from OU (Murray) with the 1st pick and then pickup Baylor's WR Mims with the 2nd (if he lasts). May have to trade up in the 2nd to do this.

Oh. And I would not touch Lee with his injury issues. I am sick of injured players.

Comment

I'm not sold on Murray and don't like trading up. Give me a guy like Lee on a short term deal and draft Ruis, Delpit. Still sold in Round 3 with a trade up on the RB from LSU. He looks like a game changer and weapons are weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                I just don't see the Eagles getting one of the top 3 WR. They will all be snapped up after the Cowboys pick, if not sooner.

I would love to get the LB from OU (Murray) with the 1st pick and then pickup Baylor's WR Mims with the 2nd (if he lasts). May have to trade up in the 2nd to do this.

Oh. And I would not touch Lee with his injury issues. I am sick of injured players.

This!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

OMG I've had it with injured players and it appears the Jags are too.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X