• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillard situation-Philly Voice

This article will really make you rethink our LT situation

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-n...llard-edition/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

This whole thing makes me feel bad for him. IMO these anecdotes, true or not, serve to poison the public's perception of the kid. Additionally, if the desire is to move on from him, these stories poison the prospects for a decent return from another team. Might just end his career before it gets off the ground.

While not exactly the same thing, this brings Shawn Andrews to mind for me. To us fans, these guys are gladiators charging into the Coliseum. But behind the helmets, visors, pads and grease paint they're still human.

Comment

The article might also make you rethink reporters. Nowhere did I read that he was a rookie or that he was with a QB that does have a tendency to hold the ball a second or two too long. Not saying he was HoF but I think he showed ability to play in the league. It also doesn't say a thing about the emotional outburst with Barnett. Was Barnett and the D cheap shotting the rook to see what they can get away with. Did Doug ask them to see what the rook will take. Or did he just break down crying because Barnett beat him. If it was a scrap I don't think it was the break down crying thing. Not saying I know there isn't a problem but maybe just a little balance and a little more reporting rather than throwing crap out there.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I am fine with Peters coming back for next season. At this point, I don't trust Dillard to take 100% of the snaps. Jason Peters is at least a known quantity. And, he wants to be here.

Not ready to give up on Dillard. I am just not ready to hand the most important position on the OL over to him just yet.

There is too much smoke here to not at least be partially true

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          I am fine with Peters coming back for next season. At this point, I don't trust Dillard to take 100% of the snaps. Jason Peters is at least a known quantity. And, he wants to be here.

Not ready to give up on Dillard. I am just not ready to hand the most important position on the OL over to him just yet.

There is too much smoke here to not at least be partially true
          I can go with this too, and I agree that this may be an accurate account. I still feel bad for him. as it seems that some have made up their minds already that he's unsalvageable on the basis of whispers and nods. If the accounts are true, then the Eagles will not be able to recoup value for him if they decide to trade him. And he might even flame out, career-wise as a result.

I also think that the pursuit of this story may be more about dragging Roseman 'the non-football guy' GM than Dillard. But that's not a fact. Just one man's opinion. The rage over the Hurts pick is still raw in some quarters. So now everything Roseman gets filtered through the latent anger that was asleep until that selection

Comment

there has to be a reason we just picked up 2 guys who played LT last season in college. Prince Wenogho played against some pretty good competition last year and gave up ZERO sacks. I watched game film vs Alabama and LSU, he is lacking in some skills, but made up with strength and quickness. He could end up being a good one. It will be interesting to see how good Mailata has become and If Iowa State OT Julian Good-Jones can handle the NFL. I also wondered if someone could handle RT and Lane could make the move that was supposed to be the plan 7 or so years ago.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              there has to be a reason we just picked up 2 guys who played LT last season in college. Prince Wenogho played against some pretty good competition last year and gave up ZERO sacks. I watched game film vs Alabama and LSU, he is lacking in some skills, but made up with strength and quickness. He could end up being a good one. It will be interesting to see how good Mailata has become and If Iowa State OT Julian Good-Jones can handle the NFL. I also wondered if someone could handle RT and Lane could make the move that was supposed to be the plan 7 or so years ago.
              LT, RT, they're just as important in my book. Most team's are putting their best rushers on the right side these days anyway. We do too.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                The loss of Vaitai could be a reason. Overall depth too. Still one has to wonder.

I forgot all about the plan to move Lane to LT after Peters moved on. I guess grabbing Dillard was an effort to have the best of both worlds. IF everything would have worked out.

Comment

Working...
                X