Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Peters Turned Down Other Team$, Wants To Go Back To Philly (eventually)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Peters Turned Down Other Team$, Wants To Go Back To Philly (eventually)

I will say that I would not be surprised at all if he returned to the Eagles. What would give me pause personally is the impact it would have on seeing exactly what the team has in Dillard. I think they need to play Dillard so they can see what he can do. I'm sure they've thought of that already though...

https://94wip.radio.com/jason-peters-stay-with-eagles

According to NBC Sports Philadelphia's Derrick Gunn, Peters has turned down offers from other teams in hopes of remaining with the Eagles.
    "There's no rush on Jason Peters' part and there's no rush on the Eagles' part because nobody basically can do anything," Gunn told Jon Marks and Ike Reese on the 94WIP Marks & Reese Show on Thursday afternoon.

Peters can't (won't )stay on call forever. The Eagles are going to have to shit or get off the pot. Peters is better but unlike others I don't view this year as SB or bust. I think they role with Dillard.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

First I think they have time because Peters has been treated easily the last couple years in camp. They will be in no rush to have him working everyday even if they do get to camp.
      Peters has slowed. He is an average to above average LT at this point. He is no longer the dominant LT in the league. And he had some untimely penalties. I really want to see what Dillard brings when given the job
      "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
      RIP

Comment

Rolling with Dillard concerns me for one reason.

He is responsible for protecting the franchise. If they roll with him and he shits the bed, it could result in our franchise QB getting killed.

Comment

I'm concerned with Dallas and Washington having speed guys to put on Peters or Dillard. Whoever is there better have their shit together.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Those concerns are certainly valid. Somewhere, Clowney is smirking and rubbing his mitts together...

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
              Those concerns are certainly valid. Somewhere, Clowney is smirking and rubbing his mitts together...
              If you want to spend money this is the guy that you want!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                That's one way of preventing him from cheap shotting our QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  not someone who is a touch younger version of Brandon Graham for $20 million a year. Just my opinion. Plus he would be the 8th guy on the roster over $ 15 million a year next season
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    not someone who is a touch younger version of Brandon Graham for $20 million a year. Just my opinion. Plus he would be the 8th guy on the roster over $ 15 million a year next season
                    Hey, it's not my money LOL! Luri has deep pockets and doesn't mind spending it.

Comment

Working...
                    X