Yahoo Sports-Saints Surprisingly Release Pro Bowl OG Warford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Sports-Saints Surprisingly Release Pro Bowl OG Warford

If I were Howie I'd go after him, or at least kick the tires...

https://sports.yahoo.com/surprise-re...220636405.html

...The move comes as a surprise considering that Warford, 28, is coming off his third-straight Pro Bowl appearance. Teams in need of interior line help now have the opportunity to sign an impact player in his prime deep in the free-agency market...

…The Saints drafted Michigan center Cesar Ruiz in the first round (No. 24) of April’s draft, giving the team a top talent option in the middle of the line at a considerable discount over Warford’s salary.

Warford joins a free-agent market that includes other notable names like Cam Newton and Jadeveon Clowney. That the Saints apparently couldn’t find a trade partner suggests that he won’t find nearly the same payday he was due this season. But he’ll be a valuable addition where he ends up signing.

Certainly worth a long hard look.

Comment

Of course I'd love to have him but our O line is the least of our problems, esp. what he will want for a salary. If you were talking LB or DB I'd say hell yeah!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He will be in high demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          He will be in high demand.
          Yep, but maybe it's just me but I don't think that $12 is in the picture. My guess is that he wouldn't renegotiate with the Saints. His new contract might say that but it will be back loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Yep, but maybe it's just me but I don't think that $12 is in the picture. My guess is that he wouldn't renegotiate with the Saints. His new contract might say that but it will be back loaded.
            I agree. Speaking of being back loaded....

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post

WOAH!!! Ya know Juk if we did bring this guy in plus Peters we would have a 5 Pro Bowl line! Then again if we brought this dolly in we could distract the hell out of the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post

What is her name? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                  What is her name? Wow!
                  No idea who she is, but the pic appeared on a “Latino Cuties” site according to tineye.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

From RotoWorld:

The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears are interested in free agent OG Larry Warford.

The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans are also interested. Warford's release came from a position of strength for the Saints. He remained effective in 2019, so it is not surprising he is quickly developing a market. Warford figures to come off the board within a week or two.

Comment

She don't need no name
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X