Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My extremely early surprise cut (subject to change) - -Cega!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My extremely early surprise cut (subject to change) - -Cega!

Cega videos good and bad - nice job by Gowton

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ord-review-nfl
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Yea I just don't see them giving up on him in year 2. But he could be Mr Irrelevant of the receiving corps
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      Yea I just don't see them giving up on him in year 2. But he could be Mr Irrelevant of the receiving corps
      No speed
      Average hands
      Poor routes
      Doesn't know playbook

What were they thinking???

Comment

Why do you try to get a rookie to learn every receiver position? Give them a chance to learn one position and it's routes well.
        Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
          Why do you try to get a rookie to learn every receiver position? Give them a chance to learn one position and it's routes well.
          Very true beagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            No speed
            Average hands
            Poor routes
            Doesn't know playbook

What were they thinking???
            His speed does seem to be an issue. Not just his 40 times, but he seems to accelerate out of the block slowly.

The big plus for JJ was supposed to be his hands and his ability to win jump ball situations. We didn't see that last year. But, maybe with more confidence that will change. IDK.

Hopefully his route running improves this year. But, if it is an issue with slow acceleration, that may be a permanent problem.

As long as Alshon is healthy, JJ will see very little time IMO. He is basically a slower Alshon that has not quite learned the game yet. I doubt we see both of them on the field much at the same time, except for maybe red zone packages.

I kind of thought that JJAW was a possible surprise cut this year also. But, they may need to keep him because of salary concerns.
            Check out this article (scroll down to "Losers: Teams with lots of guaranteed money tied up in 2021")

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-teams-trends

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              His speed does seem to be an issue. Not just his 40 times, but he seems to accelerate out of the block slowly.

The big plus for JJ was supposed to be his hands and his ability to win jump ball situations. We didn't see that last year. But, maybe with more confidence that will change. IDK.

Hopefully his route running improves this year. But, if it is an issue with slow acceleration, that may be a permanent problem.

As long as Alshon is healthy, JJ will see very little time IMO. He is basically a slower Alshon that has not quite learned the game yet. I doubt we see both of them on the field much at the same time, except for maybe red zone packages.

I kind of thought that JJAW was a possible surprise cut this year also. But, they may need to keep him because of salary concerns.
              Check out this article (scroll down to "Losers: Teams with lots of guaranteed money tied up in 2021")

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-teams-trends
              Yep, the hits just keep on coming folks don't they Pliny? I'll bet the younger guys here have no idea what that means LOL!

Losers: Teams with lots of guaranteed money tied up in 2021
              While we're again months and months away from having any idea about what the cap will look like next year, there are teams that have to be sweating the possibility of a reduced cap. Take the Eagles, who already have $263.3 million on the books for 2021, much of it tied up in players who are core pieces of the roster. Getting down to $210 million would require a couple of restructures and cuts of veterans like DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery and Marquise Goodwin. Moving to $175 million would require another $35 million in savings.

The Bill Barnwell Show

Barnwell and friends discuss sports -- usually.
              • Podcast: Fantasy rookie draft »
              • Archive: Every podcast from Barnwell »

The Eagles would find a reduced cap most difficult, but teams like the Saints, Falcons and Steelers would also be in compromised positions. Again, the league and players could come to terms on a deal that could restore some of the missing revenue, and the NFL would get a bump from a possible 17-game season in 2021, but the alternative looms as a dangerous scenario for several of the league's highest-spending teams.

Comment

Working...
              X