• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffery has become unreliable.

Better seen with videos.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-2...ally-analysis/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Been saying it for awhile now. Not saying he can't come back and be the come back player of the year but I don't think it wise going into the year depending on him
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

"Greg Ward had only one drop on 29 catchable passes. The Eagles had 23 drops through their first 10 games. They only had 9 drops in their last 6 games, and Ward's ability to simply make the catches you're supposed to make was a big part of that."

There is at least 1 place on every roster for a sure-handed guy like this. 3rd down drops in particular are particularly devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
        "Greg Ward had only one drop on 29 catchable passes. The Eagles had 23 drops through their first 10 games. They only had 9 drops in their last 6 games, and Ward's ability to simply make the catches you're supposed to make was a big part of that."

There is at least 1 place on every roster for a sure-handed guy like this. 3rd down drops in particular are particularly devastating.
        If Alshon is healthy he starts but he will most likely be on a short leash. It's funny because the fans loved the guy even after the playoff drop until the press hammered away the Carson BS. I hope that broad who wrote the article about him is proud of herself for basically ruining the guy's career.

Comment

The team shouldn't count on him being there at the start. He'll be PUP'd and therefore a non-factor for at least the first half of the season, unless he does some miraculous TO-type healing. With the current circumstances regarding isolation and the inability to practice together, any attempt to get in synch with Wentz in the interim is unlikely. Who knows what he'll be able to bring when he finally shows up. I do believe that he will be motivated, and that will benefit the team as well as the player.

Comment

Jeffrey is going to see one on one coverage more than the past season or 2. He can play over the top of most defenders and with us now having players at all levels, he will be free to be the mid range over the top guy that he should have been. If healthy I have high expectations for him
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
              The team shouldn't count on him being there at the start. He'll be PUP'd and therefore a non-factor for at least the first half of the season, unless he does some miraculous TO-type healing. With the current circumstances regarding isolation and the inability to practice together, any attempt to get in synch with Wentz in the interim is unlikely. Who knows what he'll be able to bring when he finally shows up. I do believe that he will be motivated, and that will benefit the team as well as the player.
              I thought that the LisFranc surgery had come a long way since Duce had it. Maybe he'll be ready to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I thought that the LisFranc surgery had come a long way since Duce had it. Maybe he'll be ready to go?
                I believe that he will play next season, I just don't think he will start the season. Maybe 6 weeks in?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                  I believe that he will play next season, I just don't think he will start the season. Maybe 6 weeks in?
                  Damn this sounds just like last year when a bunch of guys including him weren't ready for game 1.

Comment

Jeffery has always had inconsistent hands -- could make some great catches, but drop more than you'd like. I think some site mentioned that last year he was still a net positive with some measurements, even given the drops.

The concern is the injury, and if that will hamper him even more. And the locker room stuff, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                      Jeffery has always had inconsistent hands -- could make some great catches, but drop more than you'd like. I think some site mentioned that last year he was still a net positive with some measurements, even given the drops.

The concern is the injury, and if that will hamper him even more. And the locker room stuff, of course.
                      Yeah, the injury bug really follows him around. He's a tough guy though. Don't forget that he played the whole season with a seperated shoulder the SB year.

As for the locker room stuff I think that is really overblown. What quality receiver in the NFL doesn't think that he doesn't get enough balls thrown his way? It would be nice if Carson would just speak up and put the matter to rest. I don't want to see Jeffery get bood every game.

Comment

What are you looking for Carson to say to put it to rest..... he is right, I am not a leader and am more concerned about myself.
                        Not everyone is going to get along in a locker room. I am certain that anytime you have 80+ guys you will have six or seven different groups at a minimum. The problem comes in when you have a guy dropping dimes on your leadership (whether the coach, QB, GM or whoever) to the press. This stuff with Jeffrey hasn't been a constant like it was with TO though. I have little doubt he threw that stuff out to the ESPN reporter but it can't be something he is doing all the time because you don;t hear much more about it
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

I could be wrong here ND because I don't know what's going on in the locker room. If it's not a big deal I'd like Carson to say that he and Alshon are buddies and all the press reports are BS. If indeed there is a problem that's another matter.

Comment

Working...
                          X