RBs, Salary Cap, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBs, Salary Cap, etc

While I think this season is a wash because of this virus stuff I still have been reading about the birds. Most, the vast majority of those I have read, feel the birds still need to address a vet RB and DE. They also point out every time that the birds need to roll over as much as they can into next year because they are AT THE BOTTOM as far as the cap goes next year. Caps have been manipulated since they came about so I just throw those articles into the 'whatever' category until we see where they are. But....... I really don't see the wisdom in putting much money into a vet RB. I think Sanders is certainly the workhorse int his crew and looks like a future Duce or Westbrook level back. Scott has show he is definitely an NFL caliber player that made things happen last year. Small maybe, and might not stand the punishment of 18 carries a game, but he is a good second. Clement has show the same thing although injuries have cost him so I am not sure you can depend on him but working as a #3-- eh I'd take the chance. Wish I knew the inside dope on his health projection. What intrigues me are the other three, Holyfield, Killens, and Warren. Between them I think one has to be able to fill the role of a bruiser to get a few carries when needed. I don;t think spending on a RB is a good idea.
    The same can be said at DE. I really don't think spending money on Clowney is the way to go. First, he is a pos cheap shot guy. Second, the birds have some guys on the roster that should be ready to step up. If, after camp, it doesn't look like they have someone they can always get Curry back for another year. He won't cost much and knows the Eagles. And he should be able to take a few snaps without wearing down.
    Anyway, I'm in the camp they need to see what they have this year.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I agree ND that our RBs appear to be all set. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Killens kid. I still think that we are very thin at DE but at some point we have to let the kids play. There has been some talk about Clowney, but there is also talk about Jamal Adams from Seattle. Of course both are very expensive. I guess it all depends on whether Howie wants to shoot for the moon or not. Baldy thinks something big is happening this week. Maybe it's a Jeffrey trade for a DE? I like Jeffrey but we'll see.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Keep Jeffrey, and don't judge Clowney on one play, the talent is superb.

Comment

Agree the talent is superb; unfortunately I carry grudges. Reggie was superb but once he left everyone on the D was better in my eyes than him because they were Eagles. I never forgave him even though ownership was much of the problem.
        As for Clowney, he took a cheap shot at Wentz' head. I hope he has a career ending injury or just as good would be no one signing him so he can rot on the vine that Kapernick is on
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

So much for getting younger Howie.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            So much for getting younger Howie.
            If you are referring to Peters, its a one year deal to replace an injury. This doesn't mean Howie is not trying to get younger.

Comment

Working...
            X