Interesting move to sign Peters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting move to sign Peters

Not that I think there is even going to be an NFL season. But.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ers-play-guard

He could be a trained killer at RG honestly. He still moves pretty well and is a mountain of a man. My concern would be doing everything backwards but he has always been really versatile and is smart as heck. Just from a position awareness standpoint he should be fine.

We are kidding ourselves if we think we can replace Brandon Brooks. Arguably, Brooks is a top 3 guard in the game. But we can still have a top OL in the league with Peters making this transition and Dillard working out at LT.

And BTW I have no concerns whatsoever about Dillard at LT. Tra Thomas is a regular on Philly sports radio and he said Dillard needs a bit of refining but long term is going to be fine. Thomas also really likes Matt Pryor as do I.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Love the move! It would kill me to see him in another team's uniform.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

After being with the Birds for so many years, he has to have a good understanding of what to do. The issue will be muscle memory from switching sides.

Comment

I understand the move by the Eagles but I still believe they need to see what the younger players can offer in game situations. Losing Brooks is brutal and Peters on the same side as Johnson and Kelce is a tough combo for any DL; although I thought he said he wasn't willing to move to guard....must not have had any good offers to be a tackle. I also do not want to see them yank Dillard with one or two bad series and I do want to know if Pryor has a future or not
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I like this move a lot. Besides the fact that JP is still a beast (just a slower beast than a few years ago!) the added benefit is that he can still serve as a coach to help Dillard week to week.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              I understand the move by the Eagles but I still believe they need to see what the younger players can offer in game situations. Losing Brooks is brutal and Peters on the same side as Johnson and Kelce is a tough combo for any DL; although I thought he said he wasn't willing to move to guard....must not have had any good offers to be a tackle. I also do not want to see them yank Dillard with one or two bad series and I do want to know if Pryor has a future or not
              Don't worry ND, Pryor will play quite a bit this year anyway. Peters gets stepped on more than any player than I have ever seen and moving inside is only going to make it more probable his ankles take a beating.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X