• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the money Dak blew

Cowboys offer Dak Prescott $33M-$35M per year with over $100M guaranteed
    Jul
    7/15/2020 8:31:55 AM
    |More
    As the deadline to reach a long-term deal approaches, the Dallas Cowboys have made their final offer to quarterback Dak Prescott, Michael McClymont of the Score reports.

The Cowboys have offered Prescott a deal that would pay him $33 million to $35 million annually with more than $100 million guaranteed, NFL Network's Jane Slater reports.

Such figures would place the 26-year-old in the same range as Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, and Jared Goff in terms of annual earnings; they own the second-, third-, and fourth-highest yearly salaries among NFL quarterbacks, respectively.

Talks between Prescott's camp and the Cowboys have reportedly stalled. The total money guaranteed could be an issue in negotiations.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Dak is a dope. He wants Mahomes type money, but Mahomes was NFL Rookie of the Year, NVL MVP, League MVP, won a Super Bowl, and was named the Super Bowl MVP. Dak was also a Rookie of the Year but that's where the awards stop. (I'm not including probowl appearances which they both have.) Dak clearly has a lot of work to do to reach Mahomes level. Jerry was over-paying him at $33 million a year and placing him in the same realm as Wilson, Rothlisberger and Goff - all of whom have led their teams to the Super Bowl (obviously Wilson and Rothlisberger have won it). Dak hasn't come close to any of them in terms of post season success.

My fear is that Jerry is getting a little smarter and they won't resign Dak next year to a mega deal that puts them in cap trouble for a long time after. If the Cowboys move on they have the ability to actually draft a legitimate QB with a high ceiling. With the offensive weapons they have signed for the next 4-5 years they could be a problem. With Dak running the show they will always have that invisible ceiling holding them down, until and unless Dak provers he is more than he's shown us for the lastr 4 years.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Dak is a heck of a QB for Dallas but I don't think that he can carry an offense by himself like Wentz and the other great ones can. I guess that they were forced to franchise him because he fits their style with the Ewok running the ball behind them. He's a beast to sack but after that he's nothing special. Next year I would let him walk if I were Dallas.

Comment

Man I wish he would have signed that deal. He is a slightly above average starting QB in this league. I thought he'd be a starter when they drafted him but not a guy that could win it all. Would have loved to see them give him that kind of money.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

If Dallas lets him walk, that will end their run for a bit unless they think they can bring in a proven qb. Ewok should be slowing down this year due to the massive usage. This team is built for now. Maybe they could get Watson as I think that is the best option (Newton isn't a step forward).

They really are screwed if they can't agree to terms with Dak.

Comment

He is betting on himself. If the tag sticks this year and next, he will have $70 million playing with a pretty strong supporting cast. Going into year 3, he will still be young and can sign long term deal with salaries higher and more guaranty. There is risk, but the reward is big and he has effectively guarantied himself $70 over two years.

Comment

Personally I think he is foolish but he is betting on himself. Of course he should realize it isn't just himself he is betting on. Dallas has a good team but they can easily go 9-7 and not make the playoffs. That will hurt his chances of getting the big contract.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Cousins has been in touch with Dak telling him how well it worked for him. Personally I think the tag is a good deal for QBs. I also think that Cousins is a lot better than Dak but that's just me. The more Dak plays the less impressive he looks in my book.

Comment

That's the issue 60. Cousins did oklay. I think Flacco did okay also. But if Dak gets hurt or Zeke gets hurt or maybe the the boys just suck ass and go 8-8 I don't think he gets big money next year either. Although I could argue that 31 mil is big money- - just not 100 mil big
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    That's the issue 60. Cousins did oklay. I think Flacco did okay also. But if Dak gets hurt or Zeke gets hurt or maybe the the boys just suck ass and go 8-8 I don't think he gets big money next year either. Although I could argue that 31 mil is big money- - just not 100 mil big

Dak is decent, no doubt. If you are decent what are you worth? That's a tough one. He's certainly not worth what he'll make this year and he thinks that he's getting screwed lol. Then again salaries are so astronomical in sports that I have no way of really knowing what is a fair contract for anybody anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      Dak is decent, no doubt. If you are decent what are you worth? That's a tough one. He's certainly not worth what he'll make this year and he thinks that he's getting screwed lol. Then again salaries are so astronomical in sports that I have no way of really knowing what is a fair contract for anybody anymore.
                      Every once in awhile I remind myself of just how much money these guys make for playing a game. I am very aware that with the exception of the Freddie Mitchells and Heath Shulers of the world, that these guys are by and large the best football players in the world. The odds of any individual making it into the NFL are astronomical and their play generates BILLIONS of dollars a year so they should get their ahare of that money. But as I said every so often it’s worth considering just how much money they are arguing over.

If you were fortunate enough to AVERAGE a 6 figure salary over your career and started work at 24 and managed to work without interruption until retiring at 65, you would earn $4,000,000 in your career. The vast majority of the US work force will earn significantly less than $100,000 a year so that $4 million is above average.

Dak just turned his nose up at a minimum salary of $33,000,000 A YEAR - - more than 8 TIMES the career earnings for most Americans. Let me repeat that. He would make more in EACH YEAR of that contract than 8 LIFETIMES of the fortunate middle class worker. He is looking for TEN LIFETIMES every year. It is astonishing when you really look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Every once in awhile I remind myself of just how much money these guys make for playing a game. I am very aware that with the exception of the Freddie Mitchells and Heath Shulers of the world, that these guys are by and large the best football players in the world. The odds of any individual making it into the NFL are astronomical and their play generates BILLIONS of dollars a year so they should get their share of that money. But as I said every so often it’s worth considering just how much money they are arguing over.

If you were fortunate enough to AVERAGE a 6 figure salary over your career and started work at 24 and managed to work without interruption until retiring at 65, you would earn just over $4,000,000 in your career. The vast majority of the US work force will earn significantly less than $100,000 a year so that $4 million is above average.

Dak just turned his nose up at a minimum salary of $33,000,000 A YEAR - - more than 8 TIMES the career earnings for most Americans. Let me repeat that. He would make more in EACH YEAR of that contract than 8 LIFETIMES of the fortunate middle class worker. He is looking for TEN LIFETIMES every year. I get the risk and the work it takes to get to that level and of course the money the players generate for the owners, but it is really astonishing when you step back really look at it in relation to the rest of society.

Comment

I come at this issue with nothing other than cold logic and objectivity. Possibly, in very small part because he plays for the Devil's Spawn, I have never liked Prescott. I think he's an asshole. Maybe not as big or as raging an asshole as Elliott, but an asshole none the less.

I have thought that, from the very start of his NFL days, he was much more pleased with himself than his accomplishments on the field warranted. Always volunteering to anyone holding a microphone some scripted crap like, "The team counts on me as their leader and I've got to lead because that what leaders do...they lead others who need leading. Now if you'll excuse me (flashing that winning smile) I've got to go have an All American bowel movement and then go do some leading of the Dallas Cowboys."
                          As far as his contract, I know it makes me a bad person, but I would like to see Prescott get hurt just a little bit in training camp. Not anything serious...just a diagnosis/prognosis that contains terms like: multiple ligaments; extensive neural involvement; irreparable damage; nearest of kin should gather. That should take care of the contract.

Am I worried about Karma and Carson by typing shit like this. The above would be Karma evening the score for Carson's first two years.

Comment

I put him about in the Stafford class but I'd take Stafford over him. Come to think of it I'd REALLY take Stafford over him.

Comment

Gotta agree Juk that is is absolutely crazy what has happened in the financial realm of sports figures.
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X