X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Sign All Picks

Eagles reach contract terms with entire 10-man draft class
    By Dave Zangaro July 20, 2020 3:08 PM

A day before rookies can report for training camp, the Eagles have reached contract terms with their entire 10-man draft class.

The Eagles reached terms with a total of eight players on Monday, including their three Day 1 and Day 2 picks.

Their rookies are expected to report to training camp at the NovaCare Complex on Monday and the ones who haven’t officially signed will presumably do so then.

Here’s a look at the entire draft class and their projected salary cap hits as rookies (via OverTheCap):

1-21: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU: $2.412 million
    2-53: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma: $1.095 million
    3-103: Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado: $818,073
    4-127: K’Von Wallace, S, Clemson: $786,528
    4-145: Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn: $733,600
    5-168: John Hightower, WR, Boise State: $685,013
    6-196: Shaun Bradley, LB, Temple: $652,855
    6-200: Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss: $652,415
    6-210: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn: $647,418
    7-233: Casey Toohill, DE, Stanford: $633,008

The 2011 CBA and rookie wage scale has made it much easier for rookies to get signed. It’s almost a formality at this point, which is a good thing this year because there won’t be any time to waste. After missing all of the spring workouts because of the coronavirus, rookies will need every minute of training camp.

The Eagles’ rookie will be joined by the rest of their teammates at training camp by July 28 and then the grueling summer will commence
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

It sounds to me like these agents finally smartened up. It's going to be next to impossible for these guys to make a roster with this limited time as it is without holding out.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

not much negotiation involved anymore, they are slotted to certain parameters by the bargaining agreement
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        not much negotiation involved anymore, they are slotted to certain parameters by the bargaining agreement
        You would think so but hardly anybody was signed early this year. Nothing is normal this year with this virus. I don't know why they have to rush into the season to begin with. They're playing with fire.
        Last edited by Eagle60; 07-20-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I assumed it was the team taking a wait and see stance. Why sign the players and pay out the signing bonus if there is a chance there won’t be a season? I think the teams are also the reason you haven’t heard about many FA signings. Hard to know how much to pay when the cap many be dropping significantly next year.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            I assumed it was the team taking a wait and see stance. Why sign the players and pay out the signing bonus if there is a chance there won’t be a season? I think the teams are also the reason you haven’t heard about many FA signings. Hard to know how much to pay when the cap many be dropping significantly next year.
            There are too many ifs this year for it to work!

Comment

Working...
            X