The Crest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crest

Well I should be in Wildwood Crest today; but I am not. Of course, governor says I would be quarantined so I can't tell you how special that would be. Guess I lucked out when I cancelled the trip a few weeks back.
    Doesn't seem like the US is smart enough to move forward on this friggin virus so better get a vaccine before the country explodes.
    "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Well I should be in Wildwood Crest today; but I am not. Of course, governor says I would be quarantined so I can't tell you how special that would be. Guess I lucked out when I cancelled the trip a few weeks back.
    Doesn't seem like the US is smart enough to move forward on this friggin virus so better get a vaccine before the country explodes.
    AMEN! This thing is ruining people's lives even if doesn't kill them. All the small restaurants and retailers are being wiped out. It just sucks.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      AMEN! This thing is ruining people's lives even if doesn't kill them. All the small restaurants and retailers are being wiped out. It just sucks.
      Man you nailed it 60! I am out of work and not seeing many opportunities right now and although my wife is a tenured college professor, the University is openly talking about eliminating departments if enrollment is ‘too’ low this fall. If she loses her job we are seriously screwed! Getting a job as q tenure track professor is difficult in the best of times. When she was hired 20 years ago she had to beat out 392 other applicants for the job. Given the current unemployment conditions I can’t even imagine how many applicants there would be for another job.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
        Man you nailed it 60! I am out of work and not seeing many opportunities right now and although my wife is a tenured college professor, the University is openly talking about eliminating departments if enrollment is ‘too’ low this fall. If she loses her job we are seriously screwed! Getting a job as q tenure track professor is difficult in the best of times. When she was hired 20 years ago she had to beat out 392 other applicants for the job. Given the current unemployment conditions I can’t even imagine how many applicants there would be for another job.
        I hope you and your wife can land on your feet soon Jukin, and that her job is safe. I am 59 and I hope to keep my job of 25 years for another 10 years (I need to). I am in the IT field and it is a young mans game. I don't know what I would do if I lost that job or was forced into early retirement soon.

My much younger wife is in the beauty field and her income is minimal. We would really be hurting if something happened to my job in the next few years.

I feel bad for all of you guys whose careers have been impacted by this virus. I am thankful every day for my job, especially right now.

Comment

Im retired and our financial situation hasn’t changed. I remember other recessions, the early 80s being particularly bad. I was laid off when the previous record of 695,000 was set. It took me four months of trying to find a job that provided health insurance for my family. I can’t imagine trying to wade through 20-40 million people competing for employment. I wish everyone all the best. Stay safe.

Comment

I'm retired too so as long as the stock market doesn't fall off of a cliff I'm in good shape but I really feel for you Juk. I was out of work once for 6 months and it damned near killed me mentally. I mean what good is a man if he can't work? I'm not sure women understand that. It's just built into us.

Comment

I'm retired too so as long as the stock market doesn't fall off of a cliff I'm in good shape but I really feel for you Juk. I was out of work once for 6 months and it damned near killed me mentally. I mean what good is a man if he can't work? I'm not sure women understand that. It's just built into us.
              They took that out of the male DNA about 20 years ago.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                I hear you there lol. Try to get a kid to do some yard work for you now and they don't even know what you're talking about. Things are just so different these days.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  I hear you there lol. Try to get a kid to do some yard work for you now and they don't even know what you're talking about. Things are just so different these days.
                  Ain't that the truth!!

Trying right, now to find somebody to come in and feed my damned cat for the month of Sept since we will be in "The Crest"... very hard they either want an arm and a leg or they are just too lazy to make a commitment.

Comment

Most have it too good by having everything given to them. I will blow my own horn, actually my son and daughter in law's horn. I have two grandsons. Both go to local college and lost their low level college type jobs due to the business closing. Collected unemployment for three or four weeks-- at far more than they were earning- - before finding another college kid job. Both are losing well over 350 a week but at least they are working
                    "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
                    RIP

Comment

Keep your head up Juk. This too shall pass.

We are going to have to learn to live with this virus. And I really think it is weakening. I don't care about cases I care about deaths. Cases are sky rocketing but deaths are not going up in kind... they are going up but not in the same rate.

I'm an optimist but I'm hoping this thing is going to hit an immunity wall in the next month or two and we will learn to live with the risk.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Vaccine on the way..... by end of Oct.... you heard it here 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Vaccine on the way..... by end of Oct.... you heard it here 1st.
                          These idiots should start the season in November.

Comment

Working...
                          X