Lane Johnson tests positive for COVID 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Johnson tests positive for COVID 19

Along with Nate Gerry and Jordan Mailata (although those two may not have it but were in contact with someone who has it.) Let’s hope this is the full extent of Eagles players with it and that they all recover fully and quickly.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagl...-20200729.html
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
    Along with Nate Gerry and Jordan Mailata (although those two may not have it but were in contact with someone who has it.) Let’s hope this is the full extent of Eagles players with it and that they all recover fully and quickly.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagl...-20200729.html
    If you're going to get it now is the time.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yep, Johnson is one of the ones we wouldn't want to lose
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Fuck this..... cancel the season.

Comment

My buddy from high school... his son plays football at University of Kansas. They have had at least two dozen athletes test positive in the past 6 weeks. They are sharing some of this info with the media but not talking about it also.

He was told last week to report for training camp and they were going to play football in 45 days come hell or high water.

Virtually all the kids that tested positive were asymptomatic. This kid didn't know he had it at all but was caught in a teamwide testing program. He went home for a week and worked out 2-3 hours a day in 100 degree heat.

This virus does virtually nothing to people under the age of 25.

I know anecdotally we hear horror stories but it is not a danger to young people.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Guess I don't buy that. If you said it does virtually nothing to healthy people under 25 I would agree. Those with underlying conditions can be any age; although youth always helps. You also hear horror stories of 100 year olds who make it through without problem-- generally because they are healthy. You hear of healthy young people walking around without symptoms who don't know they have it just like you hear about cocky congressmen who have it and walk around without a mask. Are they spreading- - maybe but maybe not. I certainly don't know for sure. Bottom line is you hear anecdotal info and people jump on it. Hell sounds like there is talk in pretty high circles of demons having a role. Bottom line for me is that it is much like other viruses in that it impacts older or weaker people more than younger or healthier but anyone can get it and anyone can die from it.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

That's cool NoDak. I'm not looking for a debate or any sort of argument. This is a touchy subject.

I saw a stat that said if you live in Florida right now your chance of dying of covid is 1 in 33,000 if you are below the age of 55. Obviously these numbers can change NoDak I am not saying that.

And yes I totally agree that if you have a health concern yourself or connect with someone with health concerns on a day-to-day basis than you have every right to be concerned. I don't fault any player or person being careful right now if they think they need to be.

Its a free country. That's what is great about America. I am wearing a mask because I am being asked to but before the mandatory mask ruling I was not wearing a mask. I'm 48 and have very few health concerns other than a small level of hypertension. I also rarely get sick and am O positive blood type which I hear in research handles the virus very well.

SC
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                This virus does virtually nothing to people under the age of 25.

I know anecdotally we hear horror stories but it is not a danger to young people.

I also have no interest in debating on a message board the very complicated and emotionally charged issue of Clovid 19, about which much remains unknown. As I've made clear before, while you and I may disagree on some issues of importance to each of us, I've always regarded you as thoughtful and fair. May I respectfully suggest that if you wish to avoid debates/arguments on the sensitive issue of Clovid 19, that you avoid making sweeping, unilateral statements (such as the above) that seem longer on wishful thinking and than on well established fact.
                Stay well.

Comment

AW, glad you used the word virtually and that is exactly what the science says. And while there is “some” danger to the under 25 crowd, that danger is in fact minimal to younger people, again by the experts and science.

The biggest fallacy is that some people are labeled COVID-19 experts, while the truth is there is no such animal. This is new to everyone!

And there is NO, none, zilch, zero guarantee that anything is 100% . People get hurt and killed by car incidents by thousands.... should we ban cars? No there are risks, we can try to limit risks, but never 100% risk free.

Comment

TP... I appreciate the kudos man.

There is a lot that we don't know I will grant you that.

I do think we know unequivocally who is most at risk and it is the elderly and folks with other factors like diabetes, immune issues, etc.

But true that sometimes very healthy people have died of this thing. Crazy stuff happens.

Healthy people die of the flu every year too.

Sometimes it is just your time I guess. Which is why we should all just embrace life and be thankful for what we have.

Being furloughed really was a good thing for me. I went through my rainy day fund financially but it really gave me some perspective. That sounds cliched but it truly did. I am healthy, so are my wife and kids, and we didn't want for much while I was furloughed because we have lived well below our means for many years and continue too.

As Tiny Tim said... God Bless us everyone.

Love you guys.

Comment

At times like this my advice is to drink heavily. It's worked out well for me so far.

Comment

the way this year is going, we might want to consider heroine
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                          the way this year is going, we might want to consider heroine
                          UPS me some.

Comment

so now Petersen has covid. I worry more for him.

Comment

Working...
                            X