X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I am Excited and One More Reason to Love Celek

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/v...-3-2020-season

We are gonna play some defense this year !!! Mark my words
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I sure hope you’re right because I’m not feeling that great about the team this year. Still have a lot of holes on defense and we are counting on DJax and a Alshon to stay healthy. If they don’t we need a bunch of rookies to step up and play at a high level right out of the gate.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey

Comment

I think those rookie WRs will be fine, they have Ertz and the RBs to make the big contributions. They also have Jackson, he will allow them some open spaces. These new WRs thrive on YAC, they are going to have space. I am really excited to see them perform. I am excited about STs, youth on defense and Wentz has weapons all over. They may take a minute, but by week 11 the rookies won't be anymore. We are in a weak division and if they are hitting stride the last 5 weeks, look out. I'm telling you, be excited
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
        I sure hope you’re right because I’m not feeling that great about the team this year. Still have a lot of holes on defense and we are counting on DJax and a Alshon to stay healthy. If they don’t we need a bunch of rookies to step up and play at a high level right out of the gate.
        DJAX is the key to the whole offense Juk. If he stays healthy we're fine. Ward is an excellent receiver and I'm sure one of the wrs will step up.When Alshon heals we'll be awesome.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think the key to the offense has to be LT and RG.

Comment

Line play is certainly going to be under a microscope. I'm good with the O if the line just doesn't s*** the bed. The TEs are top notch, the RB is ready to be known league wide and show he is just as good as any other NFC back. Need to Jackson to be stellar for four games and by then I think the young rookies and JJAW will be ready to take over
            "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

DJAX is the key to the whole offense Juk. If he stays healthy we're fine. Ward is an excellent receiver and I'm sure one of the wrs will step up.When Alshon heals we'll be awesome.
              What is the o/u on games DJAX plays this season? 8?

Comment

[QUOTE=sfphillyfan;n531229]

What is the o/u on games DJAX plays this season? 8?[/QUOTE

About the same odds as how long the NFL season lasts I imagine.

Comment

I don't know what to think. I'm actually surprised they're going to try to play, but I wouldn't bet on a full season, that's for sure. The Eagles have a very solid team on paper, so who knows. With our luck, the team will be ready to roll, everyone will be healthy, and the virus will screw things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    I don't know what to think. I'm actually surprised they're going to try to play, but I wouldn't bet on a full season, that's for sure. The Eagles have a very solid team on paper, so who knows. With our luck, the team will be ready to roll, everyone will be healthy, and the virus will screw things up.
                    I dont think they're gonna have a full season either. Maybe 10 games total.

I thought the MLB season was gonna get cancelled after the cardinals outbreak.

I NEED sports right now...

Comment

The NFL is going to play and I think they will play a full season. What we are about to see in sports is going to really shock you.

The NFL is going to plow ahead. Is it about money... absolutely... when is it not. They are going to play.

CFB is going to blow itself up. If the B10 and PAC12 cancel their seasons you are going to see these blue blood schools like Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan and maybe Iowa bolt to play with the Big 12 or SEC. I think Arizona and Arizona State might also bolt the PAC 12 for a season.

This is going to screw up the TV contracts no doubt but if they move forward the ratings will be off the charts. Many Americans will say they shouldn't play and some will say if they kneel they won't play but the ratings will be off the charts. Imaging if Ohio State goes and plays a full SEC schedule. Imagine if Nebraska realigns with the Big 12 somehow.

And the shakeup will continue in basketball. There is just too much money involved and the futures of a lot of these athletes.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

So what do you guys think ends first? The NFL season or the riots in Portland?

Comment

Working...
                        X