X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG 10 and PAC 12 Cancel season!

Damn!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

That sucks! On a personal note, I may not pac 12, but I’m hoping my Big10 sees a lot of action this season!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey

Comment

Rumor has it the SEC and Big 12 are going to hang together not hang separately. And the ACC is going to hang too although they are not as closely tied to the SEC and B12.

Also there is some fire behind the smoke of teams jumping conferences... I'm seeing Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, UCF, USF, Arizona and Arizona State are all not onboard with this and might bolt for a season.

There is no chance that they play in the spring in my opinion. The TV windows will be full of college basketball, baseball and the NBA and NHL playoffs. The great thing about the NFL is it doesn't play on Saturdays and compete. Personally, I'd watch CFB over the NFL in the fall if the two did compete but in some parts of the country college basketball would compete pretty favorably with CFB. Plus, 40-50 elite college players would probably pass on a spring season so you'd get a diluted product. And I am hearing only 6-8 games. That is not a season and ESPN/Fox aren't going to pay full price for it.

If some of the Blue Bloods in B10 and Pac12 bolt and play this fall how could they turn around and play in the spring? They can't do that so there would be massive lawsuits about TV money.

The biggest issue for me is these college presidents are going to charge full freight to students this fall, expect them to pay dorm tuition and room and board, and then maybe just sit in dormitories and do online classes. I actually have no problem with making the students be on campus because how do you keep hundreds, if not thousands, of support people employed if you say you can take online classes at home.... but turning around and saying no football because we are scared to get student-athletes around one another in practice and in games... that is just hypocritical and stupid. Do they think all these college kids are going to sit in their dorms all semester? And how do you keep some of these borderline academic student-athletes eligible in the first place. A lot of these kids need the structure of the team, study hall, tutoring, etc., to maintain academic standing.

The fallout from this decision is going to be massive and I hope the SEC, B12 and ACC hold firm and play. I really believe that is what is best for the student-athlete.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

This is the first professional league to cancel their seasons!

Comment

The money numbers being impacted here have to be crazy. Players see dollars going out the window next year if they can't show their stuff this year (although I think the NFL will still be paying whether they play this year or not). Universities have to see TV and 100,000 seat stadium money floating down the toilet if they don't play. You could go on and on. I think the conferences will buckle if universities say they are going elsewhere to play.

Hey 60-- on a side note I saw a mock draft for next year (24/7 sports I think) that showed a guy named Trey Lance going 16. He is the NDSU QB who was a redshirt freshman last year. I think he threw something like 28 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Didn't think his name was national yet but evidently someone saw him. Kind of surprised to see his name in a mock draft and I think he needs at least one more year before thinking about the NFL and probably two but the kid has talent. NDSU was supposed to open against Oregon but that was cancelled. Would've been a good test for him.
          "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
          RIP

Comment

Big 12 announced this morning they are full speed ahead.

And, my buddy from high school... his son plays at University of Kansas... MLB. Special teams kid and a backup LB but he got an email over the weekend saying we are playing.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
            X