• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradham released

Nigel Bradham cut by Saints

Well, that didn’t last long...

By Alexis Chassen@Lovelybuckeye Aug 24, 2020, 10:24am EDT
    46 CommentsShare this storyPhoto by Steven Ryan/Getty Images
    Former Eagles linebacker Nigel Bradham wasn’t with the Saints (and their “winning organization”) for very long. After recently signing with New Orleans in early-August, Bradham was released on Monday morning — less than three weeks before the season opener.

This also comes just a week after he made some head-scratching comments about how it’s different joining a winning environment and culture. Bradham joined the Eagles in 2016, so he technically joined the organization during a transition period... but, still.

Despite being the most veteran LB on the roster, the Eagles didn’t pick up Bradham’s option for 2020.

After signing with the Saints, BGN’s Brandon Gowton explained:
    “Bradham started out at SAM in 2016 but then had to play MIKE when Jordan Hicks got hurt during the 2017 season. Bradham played really well en route to the Eagles winning the Super Bowl that season. PFF had him as like the top graded LB in coverage. Bradham played more MIKE in 2018 when Hicks got hurt and then again in 2019 after Hicks left. He was the only LB on the field when the Eagles used dime.

I like Bradham but it was an easy call for the Eagles to cut him to clear $4.5 million. He turns 31 in September, he’s had some off field issues, and his production just hasn’t been there. He only has 1 INT (on a tipped ball) and zero FF in his last 30 games. I think he can be serviceable; you can certainly win with him. But you can’t be counting on him for big plays at this point.”

Just as news broke on Monday about Bradham’s release from New Orleans, Schwartz was talking to the media about how this limited offseason made it more difficult for rookies, especially at linebacker, to get up to speed. Aside from the 3 rookies, the Eagles have Nate Gerry, Duke Riles, TJ Edwards and Alex Singleton at the position — not exactly a notable group.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I feel bad for the guy honestly. He is 31 and he is trying to make one more check. Somebody will pick him up. He can still play a bit.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

This is why you don’t burn bridges and you don’t take cheap shots at past employers. Even if the Eagles wanted to bring him back it would be embarrassing to try to do it after his ‘winning organization’ comment.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

TJ Edwards is going to be a good player this year. They really liked what they saw out of him last year, and are looking for him to step up.

Comment

Working...
        X