Week 1 roundup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 roundup

I watched a lot of the rams-cowboys game. Aaron Donald is gonna decapitate Wentz next week.

and Niners suck too.

I was already very concerned about our Oline but after yesterday's collapse against the No-Name Team and watching Donald yesterday I am really worried that Wentz is going to get killed next week.

I know I keep saying it but I can't express how angry I am about the way we keep losing players to injury - year in and year out. In game injuries are bad enough, but when 60% of your OLine is lost in the month before the first game, in an off-season with no inter-team scrimmages and no preseason games - it's just a complete unveiling of the incompetence of the leadership of this team. It seems that ever since Doug got here we have had constant issues with the medical and training staff. I know they have turned over both staffs in each of the last 3 years, but the problem continues. Just as an example the Giants have 3 players in total on the In jury report and all three are questionable. The Eagles had FIVE starters ruled out last week with three of them on the o-line! And that doesn't include Lane who was ruled out an hour or two before kick-off! The fact that this staff (and I'm including both medical and coaching staffs) can't get this team ready for opening day shows just how inept they are. I love Doug but they have to get this shit fixed - NOW! Whatever they are doing, whether it's the conditioning program or the practices schedule or something else, Lurie needs to be in their faces and demanding that they get it corrected before we lose any more players this year. I'm so pissed off I'm ready to explode!!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I agree about the injuries but Doug also do thngs offensively to protect his QB. the run game after getting up 17. What happened to it? Max Pro? Getting all this speed doesnt work if you cant block the guys up front. But the QB shares some of the blame. Get rid of the ball. Cant miss on those deep throws!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
        I agree about the injuries but Doug also do thngs offensively to protect his QB. the run game after getting up 17. What happened to it? Max Pro? Getting all this speed doesnt work if you cant block the guys up front. But the QB shares some of the blame. Get rid of the ball. Cant miss on those deep throws!
        Wentz killed momentum yesterday with his turnovers. I think he deserves the most blame. Some of the sacks he took were because of the coverage, not because his o line didn’t give him more time. He’s gotta throw those away.

Comment

Guys my recap is as follows:

1. The injuries are going to catch up to us this year. We got by with a lot of emotion the last few years despite all the injuries. Our emotional leader now is Carson Wentz. The front office put him there. Can he do it? Yes... but if he plays poorly it is hard for him to be the emotional leader. So unfortunately with 2 of our starting OL out for the year, a 38 year old LT, a RT that now can't stay healthy and rookies all across the front it does not look good. I just don't think we can "dig deep" a third year in a row and overcome this.
          2. OL - Driscoll looked OK I thought really and Big Isaac did OK too. Peters wasn't terrible but Chase Young is going to be a problem all year and for many years. He was the best DE I've seen coming out of college football potentially ever. He is Clowney with a higher motor and more desire. He abused Peters. He is going to abuse everybody. Kelce was fine shoot Herbig probably was OK but when Mialiata got in there the game was over.
          3. Carson's play is concerning and I do think if the OL play continues he will not survive the year and we will see Jalen Hurts in the game.
          4. Reagor is going to be very good and despite Hightower's so-so performance he is going to be good as well. DeSean Jackson is a joke. Worst signing ever. Can't stand the guy. I think when AJ comes back he will give us a boost. I thought JJAW was supposed to be better. Looked like the same guy to me.
          5. Zach Ertz is no longer TE1 and he is playing his last year in Philly. You can't spend that kind of money at the TE position. They will pay Goedert and rightly so. They will say goodbye to Ertz unless he is willing to take a hometown deal, and if Ertz goes they will draft a TE in the second or third round because this offense really functions well with 2 TEs that can play.
          6. I love Corey Clement but Miles Sanders is light years better. Clement brought us a Super Bowl but Sanders will potentially bring us a few more. We need that kid back.
          7. The BIGGEST NEED on this team is an athletic DE to rush the passer. Sweat is pretty good. Graham is Graham. Avery sucks. Curry is not athletic. Barnett is just a guy. Next year in the draft they need a difference maker on the edge. We brought pressure up the middle all day long and we will all season. Cox, Malik Jackson, Hargrave... they are going to apply pressure. But that was a poor OL and we couldn't get edge pressure. That is concerning.
          8. The LBS and Secondary held up just fine I thought.
          9. Doug's coaching was horrific. Why not run the ball more? Why not roll Carson out and get him on the edge where the defense has to account for his legs. Why not hand the ball to Reagor or Desean on an end around. Why go for it on 4th and 4. Why have Carson drop back and put him in a position where he might have to take a sack.
          10. Lastly... I'm still concerned about Carson.

Postscript... Taz usually always did a nice postgame wrap up but I haven't seen him on the board yet? Anybody know where he is at?

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

taz

someone email him

Comment

I would but I don't have his email.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                I was already very concerned about our Oline but after yesterday's collapse against the No-Name Team and watching Donald yesterday I am really worried that Wentz is going to get killed next week.

I know I keep saying it but I can't express how angry I am about the way we keep losing players to injury - year in and year out. In game injuries are bad enough, but when 60% of your OLine is lost in the month before the first game, in an off-season with no inter-team scrimmages and no preseason games - it's just a complete unveiling of the incompetence of the leadership of this team. It seems that ever since Doug got here we have had constant issues with the medical and training staff. I know they have turned over both staffs in each of the last 3 years, but the problem continues. Just as an example the Giants have 3 players in total on the In jury report and all three are questionable. The Eagles had FIVE starters ruled out last week with three of them on the o-line! And that doesn't include Lane who was ruled out an hour or two before kick-off! The fact that this staff (and I'm including both medical and coaching staffs) can't get this team ready for opening day shows just how inept they are. I love Doug but they have to get this shit fixed - NOW! Whatever they are doing, whether it's the conditioning program or the practices schedule or something else, Lurie needs to be in their faces and demanding that they get it corrected before we lose any more players this year. I'm so pissed off I'm ready to explode!!!
                I am so with you brother. Every year I get more angry about the injuries.

I was spouting off earlier this year about how the Eagles are due and they are going to have very few injuries in 2020. Instead, it's 4 years in a row. I used to chalk it up as just bad luck. But, now I am not so sure.

Thank God we won a Super Bowl a few years back.

Comment

Redskins atop the division.

Comment

At least we know they won't last up there.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Working...
                    X