X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeFillippo

https://www.phillyvoice.com/look-eag...-carson-wentz/

Hadn't thought about him in awhile but saw the below in the article above

"And finally, Wentz just won't let a plays die, despite repeatedly saying he needs to be smarter about when give up and either minimize the damage by taking the sack or throwing the ball away. Meanwhile, it doesn't seem as though anyone on the coaching staff is willing to kick him in the ass for it, like John DeFilippo was willing to do when he was Wentz's quarterback coach."

When Press Taylor was made QB coach I wasn't impressed as I didn't think him very experienced. I wonder if the Eagles don't miss Deflip more than we know. But I am a guy who has advocated coaching impact for far too many years
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Doug can send a message by benching him a series when he pulls stupid shit like that.

Comment

Watching those sacks again is just gut wrenching. You are not going to win a game when you are sacked 8 times.

Comment

And it certainly appears defenders know to run right at him when he pulls the duck and run. That is the difference between playing against college kids and professional football players. Just like a DE needs more than a bull rush as his move Carson needs more than the duck under
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          Watching those sacks again is just gut wrenching. You are not going to win a game when you are sacked 8 times.
          You watched that mess again? I rewatch every snap of every game and I can't bring myself to even think about that debacle. You're a better man than I am Pliny!
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

After this many years in the league Wentz shouldn’t need anybody to tell him to get rid of the ball. It’s now all on him.

Comment

You have to make quite a few mistakes when arrows are flying by his head Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                After this many years in the league Wentz shouldn’t need anybody to tell him to get rid of the ball. It’s now all on him.
                I agree with you - especially since the OLine was so bad that he had constant reminders to get rid of the ball quickly! Hell he was sacked four times in the first half alone. What's it going to take for him to throw the damn ball away? I will also put some blame on Doug for calling 42 (!!!) passing plays and only 17 rushing plays. That is flat out stupid! Look, I get that the line was struggling and the idea of keeping players in to help block sounds reasonable. But the Eagles still averaged 3.4 yards per rush and only had 2 out of 17 rushing plays stopped for a loss. Wentz was sacked 4 times in the first quarter - shouldn't THAT have been a sign to Doug to run more often? It really seems like he has lost confidence in any running back not named Sanders.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Not surprisingly I will disagree. Not on Wentz throwing the ball away-- I posted a number of times last week that he needs to or should know by now that he has to get rid of the ball. However, I don't care if they are professional cornhole throwers; there is a reason for coaches. From reports Wentz and Taylor are more like friends that coach - player. I don't see that as being as healthy as having someone on the sideline get in his ass when he walks off. Now, none of us are there to see but if he is walking off and Taylor is telling him it is okay he will get them next time or brush it off you couldn't do anything to avoid that rush it does Wentz no good. Golfers have coaches get in their ass, hitters have coaches get in their ass, pitchers have coaches get in their ass.
                  As I said none of us are close enough to know but from the cheap seats it appears some of Doug's staff hires haven't been as solid as they should be. I'm just surmising that maybe we miss DeFlip more than we realize. People can say all they want that it is all on Wentz but Wentz has five years under his belt maybe someone should be in his ass and maybe the right guy to do it isn't the current QB coach.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                    Not surprisingly I will disagree. Not on Wentz throwing the ball away-- I posted a number of times last week that he needs to or should know by now that he has to get rid of the ball. However, I don't care if they are professional cornhole throwers; there is a reason for coaches. From reports Wentz and Taylor are more like friends that coach - player. I don't see that as being as healthy as having someone on the sideline get in his ass when he walks off. Now, none of us are there to see but if he is walking off and Taylor is telling him it is okay he will get them next time or brush it off you couldn't do anything to avoid that rush it does Wentz no good. Golfers have coaches get in their ass, hitters have coaches get in their ass, pitchers have coaches get in their ass.
                    As I said none of us are close enough to know but from the cheap seats it appears some of Doug's staff hires haven't been as solid as they should be. I'm just surmising that maybe we miss DeFlip more than we realize. People can say all they want that it is all on Wentz but Wentz has five years under his belt maybe someone should be in his ass and maybe the right guy to do it isn't the current QB coach.
                    Great summation ND.

Comment

Guys I am really worried about Wentz. He is a good QB but is he a great QB? I am not sure he is.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Wentz has great talent, there is no question about that. Does he have the ability to translate that to the field. Yes he does but that ability to produce on the field has a whole lot of mental aspects to it. Professional whatevers (golfers, hitters, tennis players,etc) have the talent but their mental edge wavers. Many use sports psychologists to get their edge back. Not sure if that is where Wentz is but he is definitely off his game. Have no idea if it has anything to do with it but he married, moved to Texas, and had a baby in the last three years. Maybe his vision has changed.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Wentz has great talent, there is no question about that. Does he have the ability to translate that to the field. Yes he does but that ability to produce on the field has a whole lot of mental aspects to it. Professional whatevers (golfers, hitters, tennis players,etc) have the talent but their mental edge wavers. Many use sports psychologists to get their edge back. Not sure if that is where Wentz is but he is definitely off his game. Have no idea if it has anything to do with it but he married, moved to Texas, and had a baby in the last three years. Maybe his vision has changed.
                          I think its mental also. I think the changes in the coaching staff over the past three years have really stunted his growth . He was damn good down the stretch last year, damn good. No reason he can't get back to that.

I will continue to harp on this, the defense is the major problem on this team. The cast of characters continue to change but the outcomes are getting worse. Its time to get rid of Schwartz. Of course i have been saying that for two years. When the team got within 5 points yesterday, the very next play was a 40 yard run. How do you let that happen? What really proves this BTW is look at some of the players who couldn't cut it here that have moved on. Rasul Douglas, LJ Fort etc they are flourishing on their new teams. Schwartz does not play to his players strengths.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                          X