Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jjaw ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jjaw ?

    I think JJAW is going to see less and less of the field this season, as he continues to be a non factor.

    He played 28 snaps and had ZERO catches. Greg Ward played 32 snaps and had 5 catches. Even Hightower played 27 snaps and had 4 targets (only 1 catch for negative yards).

    I don't know if Carson just doesn't like JJAW, or he just sucks. Either way, at some point he is going to see the bench with the depth we now have at WR (especially when Jeffrey comes back).

  • #2
    Originally posted by Pliny View Post
    I think JJAW is going to see less and less of the field this season, as he continues to be a non factor.

    He played 28 snaps and had ZERO catches. Greg Ward played 32 snaps and had 5 catches. Even Hightower played 27 snaps and had 4 targets (only 1 catch for negative yards).

    I don't know if Carson just doesn't like JJAW, or he just sucks. Either way, at some point he is going to see the bench with the depth we now have at WR (especially when Jeffrey comes back).
    I don't know why they don't just keep Mr. Dependable Ward on the field more. All the guy does is run good routes and catch the friekin ball.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

    Comment


    • #3
      Agree Pliny. Maybe it is on chemistry, maybe he doesn't run good routes, maybe Wentz doesn't like him. Whatever it is he will be relegated to nothing if the rookies Reagor and Hightower show their talent. Add in Jeffrey, which I still doubt, and Ward and JJAW will be a fill in only
      "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
      RIP

      Comment


      • #4
        Is this the dude who was drafted ahead of DK Metcalf?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          Is this the dude who was drafted ahead of DK Metcalf?
          Yep. Which totally sucks. This dude has shown absolutely nothing since he's been here. I can't recall ever seeing a player show as little as this guy, and later develop into a good player.

          Comment


          • #6
            Here's ANOTHER wasted 2nd round pick! I just looked at some of the Eagles picks over the last 6-7 years and it's pretty discouraging and pretty much shows that Howie really sucks at drafting!! I will create a separate thread so I don't highjack this tread.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

            "Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Agree Pliny. Maybe it is on chemistry, maybe he doesn't run good routes, maybe Wentz doesn't like him. Whatever it is he will be relegated to nothing if the rookies Reagor and Hightower show their talent. Add in Jeffrey, which I still doubt, and Ward and JJAW will be a fill in only
              Totally disagree on Ward ND. I think that he can develop into one of those go to guys because despite not having elite speed he is fast enough and a gamer who runs good routes and has great hands. Perfect for the slot. He has only dropped 1 pass since he started playing the last 4 games of last year. He and Wentz seem to have good chemistry.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Umm, that is what I thought I said 60. If you add Jeffrey and Ward to Reagor and Hightower JJAW will be nothing more than a routine fill in to get a few snaps a game.
                "Don't look between the lines for stuff that isn't there" Schwartz
                RIP

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  Umm, that is what I thought I said 60. If you add Jeffrey and Ward to Reagor and Hightower JJAW will be nothing more than a routine fill in to get a few snaps a game.
                  Hightower didn't help himself with his 2 drops Sunday. It was probably rookie jitters but he ooked bad. That's why I still think that the exhibition games are necessary.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    before we say Howie can't draft, maybe we should know how much he was involved. Douglas was supposed to be a great evaluator of talent and how many of his picks are here ?
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      before we say Howie can't draft, maybe we should know how much he was involved. Douglas was supposed to be a great evaluator of talent and how many of his picks are here ?
                      Sorry mm I disagree with this approach. Douglas was here from May 2016 through June 2019 and he certainly had a big part in player evaluation. But Howie has been here since 2000 and was named GM in Jan 2010. Chip took over as GM from Jan 2015 for 1 year before Howie was returned to the top slot in Jan 2016. The point of all this is that with the exception of 2015, Howie has had final say over every pick the team has made since 2010. I just don’t see him as a top talent evaluator although I will, until my dying day, give him HUGE props for undoing what Chip did and assembling a SB winning roster (and certainly Joe Douglas was a part of that as well, but if I’m holding Howie ultimately responsible for the bad picks, I have to give him final credit for the good ones as well.)

                      When you look at this roster and the number of picks we have made in the last 5-6 years, IMO we are in bad shape. Hell look at 2017 alone to see just how much that draft has killed us! Again, yes I see your point that Douglas was supposed to be a talent genius, but Howie hired him and had final say over ALL the picks, so he is ultimately responsible for our draft, whether they were Joe Douglas recommendations or not.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

                      "Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I’ve always felt Howie sucks. But after the super bowl, it’s hard to keep beating that drum.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                          I’ve always felt Howie sucks. But after the super bowl, it’s hard to keep beating that drum.
                          Every once in awhile a blind squirrel finds an acorn.
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            JJAW's stat line this week.

                            0-0-0 2 targets.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                              JJAW's stat line this week.

                              0-0-0 2 targets.
                              I think one of those targets was the INT in the end zone.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X