Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seumalo latest to hit IR

injured his knee Sunday. WTF ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

That will be a big loss IMO. He isn't a star and he isn't flashy but he is experienced and has done okay after a rough start. And I don't think the birds really have any good replacements available. Bigger loss than people will give credit to.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      That will be a big loss IMO. He isn't a star and he isn't flashy but he is experienced and has done okay after a rough start. And I don't think the birds really have any good replacements available. Bigger loss than people will give credit to.
      NoDak I think you're dead-on with this. The Oline has taken a literal beating this year and the depth is a really big concern. I was worried before, I'm really concerned now. They had better find some help fast or else we may be looking at dangerous situation for Wentz, Hurts and Suds. I think we may need to have E60 suit up and take over! Popper, grab your helmet!!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post

NoDak I think you're dead-on with this. The Oline has taken a literal beating this year and the depth is a really big concern. I was worried before, I'm really concerned now. They had better find some help fast or else we may be looking at dangerous situation for Wentz, Hurts and Suds. I think we may need to have E60 suit up and take over! Popper, grab your helmet!!
        If MD comes back too I'm in! Seamualo has really come a long way. I agree with you guys, he's legit. The 49ers lost about 5 starters last Sunday too. The coaches are blaming the short camp. I'm not so sure. Lineman get hurt mostly when other lineman fall on them. Hammies mostly occur when your quads are too strong for your hamstrings and the muscle gets ripped away from the bone. Some players have a chronic problem. I don't think anybody has figured out how to prevent them other than keep hydrated.
        Last edited by Eagle60; 09-23-2020, 02:43 PM.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Wouldn't yoga help with the hamstring issues? It seems like an easy fix, you just need to get he players to actually do it. If Carter Hart can drop into a full split instantly then these guys can certainly do the stretching needed to avoid the groin injuries and I have to think it would also reduce or eliminate the hammy problem as well.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            Wouldn't yoga help with the hamstring issues? It seems like an easy fix, you just need to get he players to actually do it. If Carter Hart can drop into a full split instantly then these guys can certainly do the stretching needed to avoid the groin injuries and I have to think it would also reduce or eliminate the hammy problem as well.
            That's a good idea Juk and many teams around the country do it. Doug calling some counter and bootlegs plays would help too. God forbid that we could use some motion some time. He's gone from a champ to a chump calling plays this season as far as I'm concerned. I don't know their concept on plays. Nobody does. But I do know that you have to mix things up to not be so predictable . That way you wouldn't have to drag MD and me out of retirement.

Comment

This sucks but I gotta tell you in a season where I think we are going to be lucky to win 6-7 games now because of injuries I am OK with this. Get Herbig some time. Find out if Pryor can play. Because in 2 years when Pryor would be ready for a new contract you could potentially move on from Brandon Brooks and be sure that Pryor can play that spot. Herbig could also play center I think. He played center in college.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Pryor has been getting passed over on a regular basis. I don't think there is a lot of confidence in him over at NovaCare
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

OL OL OL OL OL OL OL ............. nobody wanted to hear it! And no 60, I’m not suiting up for this NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    OL OL OL OL OL OL OL ............. nobody wanted to hear it! And no 60, I’m not suiting up for this NFL.
                    I don't think anybody could have anticipated the injuries that we have MD. Driscoll is ready and Herbig is decent. They probably spent too much time with Mailata but he doesn't absolutely suck. They also drafted Auburn's other OT along with Driscoll. We looked good going into the season and you said so yourself after the draft. As for going to the NFL I'm a bit pist off with you. On the other hand I thought Whew to myself because I worked out yesterday and only ran a 5.9 40. I know you can still run a 4.5 but with Reagor out they still need you. Sega sucks and they still refuse to play their best receiver Ward because he must have refused to blow Morehead.

Comment

What did nobody want to hear
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                        Yep its all about the lines. Now on the positive side Herbig looks like he may be a capable backup, same with Driscoll. Not a ton of teams can overcome losing their two starting guards one of which is arguably the best in the football and their left tackle (Who knows with Dillard at this point, its unfair to say he is a bust but its also fair to say we simply have not idea what we have in him). Also lost one of the best RT in football for a game. The real concern now is if they get another injury. Already are playing guys who are less than starters at both guard positions and a 38 year old at left tackle. Anyone else goes down its going to be really bad. Carson is already struggling, get guys in in face again like the Wershington game and well, I wouldn't expect him to get any better.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

I don't think anybody could have anticipated the injuries that we have MD. Driscoll is ready and Herbig is decent. They probably spent too much time with Mailata but he doesn't absolutely suck. They also drafted Auburn's other OT along with Driscoll. We looked good going into the season and you said so yourself after the draft. As for going to the NFL I'm a bit pist off with you. On the other hand I thought Whew to myself because I worked out yesterday and only ran a 5.9 40. I know you can still run a 4.5 but with Reagor out they still need you. Sega sucks and they still refuse to play their best receiver Ward because he must have refused to blow Morehead.

LOL...... but it really was a 4.4.

Comment

Working...
                          X