Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiteside

Does this guy Whiteside (doesn't deserve a special name like JJAW) bring anything to the table. In year two people are normally talking about players having had a year in the system so the game slows down for them and they can show their talent yada yada. UDFAs and certainly players drafted after him are routinely making catches and this guy hasn't caught a cold. It will be expensive but I'd say cut him and go get someone from another team's practice squad. At least they might make a catch.
    So worse pick Whiteside, S Jones, Danny Watkins, or you name em
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Watkins will always be the worst in pick in my mind. Jones was a roll of the dice that didn’t pay off. He was simply never the same player we saw in college - whether it was the injury, talent or coaching is still unknown. Lets see how he does in Jacksonville. As for JJAW I’m not ready to toss him aside just yet. Two games into his second season isn’t enough time given the shit-show that Carson has given us in those games. We need the Oline and our QB to perform at a high level on a consistent basis before I will pass judgement on the receivers this season.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

JUKIN, this is a logical position!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        JUKIN, this is a logical position!
        Hey man, I have told you before there is no place for common sense or logic on this board! We’re Eagles fans damn it so stop insulting my posts!

Comment

Okay I am good with that. Mark my words, as a man with no integrity said, if there are no catches in the next four years you can use my words against me but this guy isn't a performer.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

9 Players caught passes for the Eagles today, included Burnett fresh off the practice squad (3 catches). Zero catches for JJ. It will be interesting to see the snap count for this game.

Enough of the JJAW experiment. It is what it is.

Comment

Doesn’t Wentz still have a big say in who gets thrown to?

Comment

i will say this about JJAW. in the first game of the 2018 season, I watched Stanford maybe or wherever he played and JJAW was uncoverable in that game. he played big and athletic. he was open when he was not open. Sort of like guys like Alshon when he first got here and guys like DK Metcalf, Mike Evans, etc. In the NFL, you have to be open when you are not open because you are just a physical freak. Julio Jones was that but he isn't now. OBJ was that at one time. Josh Gordon was at times. JJAW is completely coverable now for a variety of reasons. I will add... the Cowboys paid Amari Cooper like an elite guy that is open when he isn't open and honestly they shouldn't have. Cooper is fast and has good size but he is not a guy that is just simply always open. That is the type of player you have to find and that Wentz needs. Maybe AJ can come back healthy and be that guy but I'm not betting on it.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'm not ready to just cut Whiteside outright. They're not going to give up on him either. But, I just can't get over the fact that this guy hasn't flashed anything. He's done absolutely nothing since he's been here. Like I said before, I cannot ever remember a player who showed so little develop into a good player down the road. This guy hasn't made one single play of significance since he's been here. Not one.

Comment

Burnette looks like he can be a player. He was odd man out when they made out the original roster. After DJAX went out we were finished anyway. Watching the other teams play this Sunday it seems like the Eagle offense is running in mud.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      Burnette looks like he can be a player. He was odd man out when they made out the original roster. After DJAX went out we were finished anyway. Watching the other teams play this Sunday it seems like the Eagle offense is running in mud.
                      I think JJAW's starter days are over for at least a while. Here are the snap counts against Cincy:

Hightower 78
                      Ward 76
                      Burnett 39
                      DJ 28 (injured of course)
                      JJAW 18

I am a bit surprised by all the snaps Hightower received this week (only 2 catches). He only had 7 snaps in Week 2. Doug said he is going to shake up the WR group this week. Maybe Burnett gets more snaps. Ward has obviously solidified himself as a player on this team. He may be the only one right now at WR beside Reagor and DJ (if he can stay healthy, which he can't)..

Comment

I thought JJAW was an excellent college player. It just has not trans into the pros. This is why level of competition is so important when drafting. Sure there are many small school players who go on to being stars (I see you Brian Westbrooke) but the climb is higher. I always prefer to take a big college player over a small college guy earlier in the draft. The bust potential is usually lower. Howie seems to prefer 2nd Tier Division 1 schools in round 1. Certain schools to it just seems like no matter where you take their players in the draft they are at least contributers. Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State to name a few.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I just heard that JJAW is slightly injured. I guess that accounts for his low snap counts.

Comment

Whiteside's stat lines for the first three games is telling:
                            Game 1: 0 Targets/ 0 Receptions
                            Game 2: 2 Targets/ 0 Receptions
                            Game 3: 0 Targets/ 0 Receptions

Snap counts are one thing, but even when he is on the field they aren't even thinking about throwing to him. They need to get this worked out - fix the other problems so he is effective, or realize that he isn't what they thought and release him. As things stand now he is taking a roster spot for literally no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                              Whiteside's stat lines for the first three games is telling:
                              Game 1: 0 Targets/ 0 Receptions
                              Game 2: 2 Targets/ 0 Receptions
                              Game 3: 0 Targets/ 0 Receptions

Snap counts are one thing, but even when he is on the field they aren't even thinking about throwing to him. They need to get this worked out - fix the other problems so he is effective, or realize that he isn't what they thought and release him. As things stand now he is taking a roster spot for literally no reason.
                              Targets are a result of getting open. He simply does not get open. He doesn’t run crisp routes.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X