Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyfred
    replied
    So, not to hyjack, but lets play this out. What do we do with a top pick? Do we ditch Wentz, run with Jalen? Of the teams near the top, who is gonna be looking for a QB? Hate to talk next season, but this is a dumpster fire.

Leave a comment:

• taz
    replied
    Andrewaters - Herbig was an undrafted free agent in 2019. Not a draft pick this year. He was undrafted for a reason. All the more damning

Leave a comment:

• Vet Turf
    replied
    So disappointing. Dare we tank for Trevor?

Leave a comment:

• andrewaters
    replied
    Taz I agree with a lot of this but no way on number 6. Pryor maybe but they just drafted Herbig. I think you are exaggerating to make a point with that one. Pryor has shown enough to get a chance to stay and so has Herbig. Here is my list.

1. Jason Peters needs to be benched or moved back to right guard and you need to just play Mailata. He is a big man with some quick twitch. Is he going to struggle against elite pass rushers... yes... but worse than JP. And this week would be a good week to try it. Bosa is out and the 49ers lost Solomon Thomas. So I'd start Mailata this week. Practice him with the ones all week and scheme in a way that you give him help. He cannot be worst than JP at this point. And he might be one of those guys that when you get him out there with live bullets he thrives.

2. Wentz got what he needed in the 4th quarter. He made some throws. The throw to Ertz was maybe the best throw he has made in his career. I am not giving up on him yet and you have to remember that he is surrounded by trash at WR at this point.

3. Zach Ertz played maybe his best game as an Eagle. The touch catch in traffic was actually better than the over the head catch. That said... if this continues I'd actually look to trade him by the trade deadline to a contender because he will not be back next year. They are not going to pay him. Bring up one of the practice squad TEs.

4. I would cut JJAW. The kid can't play. He is a stiff. Not sudden and not big enough and he doesn't pay special teams.

5. I get that we had 8 sacks but we still aren't good enough at DE. And we aren't fast enough at LB. This defense is good at times but elite pass rush and speed is what gets you off the field on third and long and we don't have that.

6. Mills ain't Jenkins. He is not close. He can be an OK safety in the league but he is not great. I understood why they moved on from Jenkins actually and don't blame them but Mills just ain't Jenkins. That said... I didn't think the secondary was that bad. Burrow made some very good throws. He is going to be an excellent QB for many years for the Bengals. Man Slay is the real deal though. And honestly I'm find with Maddox and Strap. The corners are not the issue.

7. I cannot stand DeSean Jackson. Hate the guy. Didn't want him back. He is a liability. Carson started playing better when DJax went out because he wasn't thinking I better find DJax or he is going to be a baby. If DJax is out for the season again that is a good thing. Just can't stand the guy. Worst signing Howie has ever made and Howie signed a bunch of trash.

8. Lastly... guys the injuries are just not something we can overcome. Think about it. We lost arguably the best guard in the NFL in Brooks before the season even began. We lost our young LT before the season began and tried to replace him with a 38 year old LT who is injury prone. The time is now to find out about Mailata. And now we lost Isaac Semaulo too. He was developing into a solid LG in this league. The Eagles offensive problems can be laid squarely at the feet of the football gods that for some reason continue to savage this team with injuries. Yes, having no WRs hurts also but that is also an injury deal. Think about who didn't play yesterday... AJ, Reagor and Goedert hardly played. DJax went out and I hate the guy but his speed maybe could have opened up some windows short and intermediate.

The Eagles as they are assembled right now are a 5-11 type of team. They have the toughest schedule the rest of the way. We need to just smile and get through this season. Get the salary cap right by getting rid of Ertz, DJax, JP, probably Barnett. Prepare for Kelce to not come back. Draft edge and LB speed. Draft another TE that is super athletic like Goedert. Draft a big WR if you can find one. I actually would keep AJ if he comes back and looks OK. And get ready to roll next year with probably the third place schedule and matchups against the Chargers, Broncos, Falcons, Saints (probably minus Brees), and Bucs (probably minus Brady). The schedule will be easier next year and the Cowboys are going to start to feel the salary cap crunch next year with Dak.

We had a great run guys. Super Bowl and 2 playoff appearances. We need to retool and part of that is being willing to take it on the chin this year.

Leave a comment:

• taz
    started a topic Game 3 Review

Game 3 Review

First one of the year for me. I didn't watch this game close enough as I was at my nieces communion party. However what I saw well....

1. Wentz, Some good plays, some ok plays, some really bad plays, some plays a junior high QB wouldn't throw. He is trying to do to much period. He doesn't have a very good supporting cast around him (More on that later). but he just isn't what he once was. Was good to see him running some today, he really had no choice as I didn't see many receivers open. THis is against a bad Cincy team Overall I give him a C- for his performance,

2. THe Wide Receivers - Aside from Greg Ward they have nothing zippo nada. Nobody can get open period. They should start to cut guys now and bring in more players. Its simply bad draft pick after bad draft pick. At the end of the game Wentz was throwing to Ward, Ertz, Hightower and Burnett with a sprinkling of Richard Rodgers.

3. I am not sure what this team does in practice but I am tired of seeing receivers running backs etc slow down on go patterns> this should be pitch and catch and yes the QB is overthrowing some passes but watching these receivers slow down and give up is terrible .Yes I am looking at you Miles Sanders (That throw probably doesn't complete anyway but it looked bad).

4. The injuries on this team are beyond laughable. Since 2017 it seems like every week they lose two or three starters. Goedert, Jackson, Peters, Maddox all got hurt today. All teams have injuries and looking at the 49ers and what they did today with all of theirs you have to wonder what is happening in that locker room. Simply put the next man up can't play on this team.

5. Doug Pedersons play calling is really bad right now. The first thing he needs to do is take a good look at himself in the mirror. Pass on first down, run on second down every other series and be 3rd and long. This was one of the worst run defenses in football.Pound the damn rock. The put Hurts in there to botch a handoff to Sanders then putting Wentz in there on 2nd and 13 and expecting him to dig them out of the hole was just play stupid. Doug is a problem right now a major one.

6. Pryor and Herbig would be shown the door today if it was me as the GM. You simply can't hold and jump offsides when you are in field position to win the damn game. Neither of those players are winners and both should be cut. They are not rookies either Pryor is in third year, Herbig in his second. Its not like they are exceptional talents. They both are very replacable. They need to send a message to this team that the penalties will not be tolerated.

7. Linebackers, how to you continue to roll these guy out there. You spent a 3rd round pick on a linebacker see if he can play. If not it will be yet another bust of a pick.

Overall I don't think this is much more than a 4-12 team. Down their top three receivers plus their 2nd tight end, 4 starting offensive lineman (Including Peters). Linebackers stink. The team just is not very good.
Working...
X