What if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if....

The Birds end up being the Beast of the Least and manage to win the Division at 6-9-1 or 7-8-1. What if they get on a roll and somehow manage a second Lombardi . Do you declare them the best or the luckiest ? In this messed up year of 2020, anything is possible
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

In this crazy universe scenario, is Jalen Hurst qb?

Comment

Juk... I love the passion but there is just no way that can happen. If Brooks was going to come back maybe but with him out for the year I just don't think the OL can hold up against fronts like the Seahawks and Saints.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        In this crazy universe scenario, is Jalen Hurst qb?
        I'm no good at being insightful but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people..."Blind Squirrel" Howie, Barney Rubble Pedersen, and "I Really Can Hit the Side of a Barn (sometimes) Wentz...don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.
        Personally, I would be shocked ...SCHOCKED I tell you, if we won 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

I'm no good at being insightful but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people..."Blind Squirrel" Howie, Barney Rubble Pedersen, and "I Really Can Hit the Side of a Barn (sometimes) Wentz...don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.
          Personally, I would be shocked ...SCHOCKED I tell you, if we won 6 games.
          Right there with you. The Eagles beat the only team in the NFL that is more banged up than they are. I too would be surprised if they won 6 games. But, I still think injuries, not Howie, Barney, or Carson are the primary culprit. From Peter King's column on PFT:

Since June 1, the Philadelphia Eagles have had:

• Three starting left tackles: Andre Dillard, Jason Peters and Jordan Mailata, who started his first NFL game Sunday night;

• Three left guards: Isaac Seumalo, Matt Pryor and Nate Herbig, who started his first NFL game at left guard Sunday night;

• One center: Jason Kelce, who has been in Philadelphia almost as long as the Liberty Bell;

• Four right guards: Brandon Brooks, Jason Peters, Nate Herbig and Matt Pryor, who started his first NFL game at right guard Sunday night;

• And two right tackles: Lane Johnson and Jack Driscoll, who started his first NFL game in Week 1 when Johnson was nicked.

The five Eagle starters Sunday night at the 49ers arrived in Philadelphia, from left to right, as the 233rd pick in the 2018 draft (Mailata), undrafted (Herbig), 191st pick in 2011 (Kelce), 206th pick in 2018 (Pryor), and fourth in 2013 (Johnson).

Dillard (biceps), Brooks (Achilles), Peters (toe) and Seumalo (knee) are on injured-reserve.

It’s NFL Week 4.
          ----------------------------
          Friends, there is not a single NFL team in the league that can compete for a title under those circumstances. Not one.

Comment

Nobody is beating Mahomes or Russel.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post

Right there with you. The Eagles beat the only team in the NFL that is more banged up than they are. I too would be surprised if they won 6 games. But, I still think injuries, not Howie, Barney, or Carson are the primary culprit. From Peter King's column on PFT:

• Three starting left tackles: Andre Dillard, Jason Peters and Jordan Mailata, who started his first NFL game Sunday night;

• Three left guards: Isaac Seumalo, Matt Pryor and Nate Herbig, who started his first NFL game at left guard Sunday night;

• One center: Jason Kelce, who has been in Philadelphia almost as long as the Liberty Bell;

• Four right guards: Brandon Brooks, Jason Peters, Nate Herbig and Matt Pryor, who started his first NFL game at right guard Sunday night;

• And two right tackles: Lane Johnson and Jack Driscoll, who started his first NFL game in Week 1 when Johnson was nicked.

The five Eagle starters Sunday night at the 49ers arrived in Philadelphia, from left to right, as the 233rd pick in the 2018 draft (Mailata), undrafted (Herbig), 191st pick in 2011 (Kelce), 206th pick in 2018 (Pryor), and fourth in 2013 (Johnson).

Dillard (biceps), Brooks (Achilles), Peters (toe) and Seumalo (knee) are on injured-reserve.

It’s NFL Week 4.
              Friends, there is not a single NFL team in the league that can compete for a title under those circumstances. Not one.
              Season (at present) is still a long one, right now they stink.... but who the hell knows what happens between now and January!

Comment

Posted by me on 9/30...........If it turns out like the GB win last year I will certainly enjoy the victory but my concerns will not be gone. If I am Jeff I am quietly asking some outsiders that know football inside and out what they think. Not necessarily jumping at what they say but the answers would heighten my awareness of things to look at.
                Can't see that anything changed. I am enjoying the victory and enjoy the hell out of Dallas being behind a 1-2-1 team. But there is a long way to go as others have said. Wentz still held the ball a couple times but he also made plays a couple times when he held the ball. Seems we either love it or hate it when he does that but it sure is fun to see him make the other team look bad.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  Juk... I love the passion but there is just no way that can happen. If Brooks was going to come back maybe but with him out for the year I just don't think the OL can hold up against fronts like the Seahawks and Saints.
                  How did I get dragged into this?
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post

It’s NFL Week 4.
                    EB,
                    My favorite color man...Drano Voice Collinsworth...couldn't stop talking about all the injuries to the 49ers but paid very little attention to the MASH ward that is the Eagles' roster. The wide spread injuries to the Birds' Oline have been nothing short of catastrophic. But that's no big deal because everyone knows how irrelevant a functional Oline is to a teams success.

Comment

Guys its 2020! The Eagles could make it to the playoffs and have Rodgers Wilson and Brees are contract COVID on the way to the Super Bowl where Wentz gets injured in the 1st qtr , Hurst in the 2nd Qtr and Greg Ward wins the game at QB

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                        Guys its 2020! The Eagles could make it to the playoffs and have Rodgers Wilson and Brees are contract COVID on the way to the Super Bowl where Wentz gets injured in the 1st qtr , Hurst in the 2nd Qtr and Greg Ward wins the game at QB
                        This is the most likely scenario.

Comment

Working...
                        X