It's not a wasted season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not a wasted season!!

I and MM have been screaming have been screaming to let the kids play every time somebody went down rather than panicking looking around for FAs. The Eagles talk about drafting but they never let these kids get on the field to prove themselves. Finally they had to and for the most part they are proving themselves. Please scroll down to the Fran Duffy article and read it with a little video too. Our line is so old that these are the guy's that will be playing in the future for the most part.

http://igglesblitz.com/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I also want to see the kids play on the OL and try and build some chemistry. I am more concerned at WR and TE with Goedert out. The offense has to really grind it out right now. If we fall behind by more than a TD, it is probably curtains.

I would think that Goedert, DJ, Reagor and Alshon should all be coming back in about 2 to 3 weeks. If we don't suffer an more critical injuries, we might at least have a competitive team again by mid season.

With that said, if the NFL were to cancel the season in the next few weeks, I would shed no tears. It looks like Covid is going to become more of a problem as the season goes on.

FWIW, Pederson's update on both Jackson and Jeffrey. I hate it when Doug says "Getting Closer". That usually means they are still out for a game or three.

"Pederson said DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery are both "getting closer." With DeSean, they want to make sure he's "more than 100%" and they'll have to monitor him as they ramp him up. Said DeSean will be out there today for individual drills. #Eagles"

Comment

Doug speak when it comes to Eagles injuries:

"Done for the year" - Done for the rest of this season and a good part of next season.
      "Going to miss some time" - out for the rest of the year or at least 8 weeks.
      "Getting Closer" - Not playing for at least a few more weeks at least.
      "Should be ready to go" - 50/50 chance of playing
      "He'll be playing this week" - Will start, but most likely will leave the game after reaggravating the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
        Doug speak when it comes to Eagles injuries:

"Done for the year" - Done for the rest of this season and a good part of next season.
        "Going to miss some time" - out for the rest of the year or at least 8 weeks.
        "Getting Closer" - Not playing for at least a few more weeks at least.
        "Should be ready to go" - 50/50 chance of playing
        "He'll be playing this week" - Will start, but most likely will leave the game after reaggravating the injury.
        perfect
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

I'm with you 60 and I agree with Duffy about seeing what the young guys can do. About the only take I would have that might not align with him is I get rid of the second round pick (Whiteside) in favor of the others. He is the same as second round pick Sidney Jones-- a mistake. Jones took a roster spot for far too long.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I don’t know how anyone could disagree with playing the kids. Even though we are in first place we all know it is fools gold. This is not the year you want to win the NFC East. Whoever has that misfortune will suffer the consequences in the draft following their first round playoff loss. As much as I love the Eagles this is a team that is rebuilding and the best way to do that is through the draft and the best way to draft is to have a quality picks. Howie only seems to do well with high first rounders so that should be our target.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              I'm with you 60 and I agree with Duffy about seeing what the young guys can do. About the only take I would have that might not align with him is I get rid of the second round pick (Whiteside) in favor of the others. He is the same as second round pick Sidney Jones-- a mistake. Jones took a roster spot for far too long.

Doug said he's still high on Hightower which means not too many snaps for Fulgham. He sees these guys everyday so I guess that he knows what he's doing. Can't say that I agree with him but I guess that we will see.

Comment

Oh I don't think this is a wasted year. Hell if they find out that Herbig, Maliata, Reagor, Hightower etc. can play then its not a lost year. This is not a Super Bowl team not even close. But they are good enough to get into the playoffs, especially if they stop losing 2-3 players per week to the IR. Right now they have 13 players on the IR, two on the PUP list. Just looking at it thought through 4 games they are averages 3 players per week going on the IR. Going through an entire year that would be 48 players on the IR. That is crazy. Luckly they have the short term IR, but right now they would be carrying 7 or 8 players who couldn't play on the roster.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

And we thought covid was a problem. Oh yeah, Doug had it!

Comment

This is the perfect situation to play the kids. Keep in the race for the division and let them get weekly coaching and OJT .
                    The entire team can round into shape. Unload some contracts and start at ground zero with youth and keep a young group together.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I and MM have been screaming have been screaming to let the kids play every time somebody went down rather than panicking looking around for FAs. The Eagles talk about drafting but they never let these kids get on the field to prove themselves. Finally they had to and for the most part they are proving themselves. Please scroll down to the Fran Duffy article and read it with a little video too. Our line is so old that these are the guy's that will be playing in the future for the most part.

http://igglesblitz.com/
                      I want more Driscoll and the 2 LBs we drafted, I do like Singleton a lot too.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

So another opportunity to see Bradley and Taylor and yet Gerry still plays. Play them plus Wallace on defense! Continue with the youth movement on offense. This season is the longest preseason Training Camp with scrimmages in history. Forget the wins and losses see what you have

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                          So another opportunity to see Bradley and Taylor and yet Gerry still plays. Play them plus Wallace on defense! Continue with the youth movement on offense. This season is the longest preseason Training Camp with scrimmages in history. Forget the wins and losses see what you have
                          I agree with the youth movement Rob and in some ways these injuries have been a blessing because these kids are really coming. I don't get everybody on Gerry's case though, I think the kid is playing pretty good and the coaching staff is happy with him. It seems like he's always somewhere around the ball.

Comment

The problem is Gerry is always around teh ball because teams have keyed on him not to ba able to stop ANY receiver with the ball. Either he is thinking too much or he just doesnt have it. Now lets see if Taylor or Bradley have anything to offer.

Comment

Working...
                            X