Instant Reactions Eagles Vs.Stillers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Reactions Eagles Vs.Stillers

A loss is a loss is a loss. This is just not a good team.

1. Wentz played well today. I don't blame the INT he threw on him. Thats a timing play when Ertz gets interfered with, no call and can't get to the spot. Bad luck. He had some great throws in this game. He was hit a ton. Way too much.

2. The offensive line was interesting today. On the scoring drives they gave Wentz plenty of time. He was able to carve up the defense. Then other drives it was like a jail break, Wentz would hit his fifth step and immediately have to either step up quickly or was sacked. Mailata and Driscoll both have shown promise. I think they just keep playing them both. Only way they are going to get better is to keep playing them.

3. The officials were flat out terrible. How they don't stop the clock on the Fulgham catch right before the half is mind boggling. He went out of bounds. There are checks and balances there and nobody catch's that? It cost the Eagles 20 seconds and a minimum of 3 points.. There just no excuse. Some of the pass interference calls were mind boggling. Then to miss the illegal contact/pass interference on Ertz on Wentz INT is just criminal. I think when they review turnovers they should be able to reverse that. It was that obvious.

4. The Eagles defense blows. Nothing else to say about it. If they don't get pressure with the front four they are nothing. I mean they are really bad without. Its a scheme thing. Especially against good veteran QB's.

5. Travis Fulgham should start the rest of the season. Its obvious he and Wentz have something going.

6. Something is wrong with Ertz. He is not getting open.

Overall this is just not a good team. The best we can hope this season is getting guys like Fulgham who you can point to as building blocks.

Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Originally posted by taz View Post
    A loss is a loss is a loss. This is just not a good team.

6. Something is wrong with Ertz. He is not getting open.

Goedert isn't there and Rogers is, I think it's hurting the run game too
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I think that makeshift line did an outstanding job against that D, Watt was rarely mentioned and Dupree only made 1 play
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

At this point play Bradley and Taylor. Get Hurts in game more. Let Watkins play. Play Hassan Ridgeway more. And get Will Parks on there soon as you can.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Proud of the way they played. Was thinking like a 20 point loss. Wentz still baffles me. And the two plays that cost us the game we’re the int, and having Gerry covering ANY wr! But for the talent we had out there, not a bad performance! Once we get past the Ravens Game this team could start to get some W’s!

Comment

Teams know Ertz is the #1 target; especially with no Goedert and no WRs, so he gets the coverage. Maybe with Fulgum and Ward showing they can catch the ball Ertz might get a little less pressure
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

I thought today was going to be a struggle to score 20 points.

(1) The defense lost that game for us, not the offense. This is a real concern as I had high hopes with our DL.

(2) Our linebackers are woefully inadequate. It is becoming more of an Achilles Heal than I even thought.

(3) Our run game has taken a real hit with all the new OL guys. The Cowboys are dealing with the same issue (3 OL starters out) in the running game and it shows. With a new offensive line, the running game seems to take a bigger hit than the passing game. At least, that is what I am seeing.

(4) Travis Fulgham. Good Lord. I haven't seen an Eagles WR make that may huge catches in a long, long time.

(5) I still like Wentz. But, he is really missing a lot of easy throws at times. On that last drive, he completely missed 2 wide open throws out of the backfield. Horrible.

(6) With just under 5 minutes left, Fulgham was apparently WIDE open for a TD on a double move that would have given them a 5 point lead. Wentz saw him, but couldn't get rid of the ball and was sacked by Truitt. If Truitt doesn't pull down Wentz, we very well may have won the game. Wentz almost had a chance to release the ball.

(7) It is unbelievable what has happened to the NFC East, especially now that Dak is out for the season. The Eagles and Cowboys are talented but badly hurt by injuries. The Giants have lost their best player. And, the Redskins just suck (and they still beat us).

Comment

Overall they played much MUCH better than I expected. Fulgham is a legitimate receiver and looks to have some real upside! He is becoming what we thought JJAW was - although I keep day dreaming about Metcalf in Midnight Green and that crushes any joy about Fulgham.

I agree that Ertz is being hampered by the lack of our starting WR corps and Godertt but there is more going on there than that. Maybe the contract pressure is adding to his struggles or the uncertainty about leaving the only team he has known or moving away from Philly and the impact that could have on his wife and his marriage.... there are a lot of possibilities.

What doesn’t seem possible is that Wentz ever learns to throw the ball away on a busted play. His ‘duck under’ move doesn’t work much any more and he is costing us drives by losing yardage when he doesn’t have too. This is his 5th year in the league - throw the fucking ball away! The league put in the rule allowing QBs to throw the ball away outside the tackles several years ago. Can someone dig out that memo and show it to Carson please? THIS is my biggest issue with him right now. I would rather see him taking intentional grounding penalties than taking the sacks. At least the grounding shows he is tryibg to get rod of the ball instead of holding it and trying to be a hero by doing too much.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Rodney McLeod was all over the field yesterday.

The defense is struggling. I think part of it is scheme, and part of it is having guys like Nate Gerry getting beat every other play. They are just not good.

Offensively, I thought they played better than I thought they would. The patchwork O-line was inconsistent, but they played well enough that the offense didn't go in the tank, and they generated enough points to stay in the game. Jeff Stoutland has done a pretty good job.

Overall, as noted, this is just not a good football team. Too many injuries, lack of decent LBers, and scheme issues on defense. But, I give them credit for showing a lot of heart. They gave Pittsburgh all they could handle yesterday, and were a play here and there from winning the game.

Comment

Ertz just seems slow out there. I just don't think he is going to be re-signed. Last year they didn't have receivers, defenses focused on Ertz and he still had 100 catches. This year is different.

Comment

My takes... some of these are similar to what I read here.

1. Darius Slay got screwed on those 2 DPIs. The guy is an absolute beast. The Eagles got paid back with 2 gift PI calls later in the game so it evened out but still doesn't make it OK. The first call on Slay that came late was criminally wrong. Reuben Frank called it one of the worst calls he'd ever seen and I agree.
                      2. The OL continues to play well with a lot of young bodies. Did anyone see JM and Herbig pass off line stunts a couple times in the third and fourth quarter? I saw it. It was really amazing. Heck... Driscoll more than held his own. I have to give some credit to Jeff Stoutland. He is arguably the best OL coach in the league. Pryor is clearly the weak link but I'm not sure what else you do right now until Isaac gets back and you can maybe flip Herbig to RG.
                      3. Ertz is making it easy to move on from him. He was a non-factor again. I might consider trading him at the deadline if you could swing it. We aren't going anywhere. Maybe a team like the Seahawks, Saints, or the Bills would want him. That first INT was all on Ertz. True, he was interfered with but he exaggerated the contact to try and get a call.
                      4. The NFL needs to add a "team" interception for things like Hail Marys and tipped balls by an offensive player that end up intercepted. The first throw by Carson was an INT that was kind of his fault but not entirely. The second one was not his fault at all.
                      5. This should be number one. Our linebackers are just God awful and I've seen enough of this. They have to try and do something different. Just play Davion Taylor and Bradley. They can't possibly be worse and they might surprise you because they are so damned athletic. Our DL was getting stoned because the Steelers front was going Max Protect most of the time and leaving a TE and a Back in to block Think about it... did you see a TE or a RB catch a pass for the Steelers? Hardly at all. That's because they were running short routes with the WRs and our LBs couldn't get into those windows. Big Ben made some good throws no doubt but our LB play is just ridiculously bad.
                      6. Our front didn't have a great game but again the Max protect was an issue. I wouldn't go after our secondary either. This was schematic and poor LB play.
                      7. They need to move forward with a BIG and TALL WR philosophy. Reagor can be a nice compliment as can Ward but you need size in this league now. Look at the really good WRs now. Evans, Ridley, Devante Parker, Metcalf, Lamb, and others... all big guys. Don't get me wrong having a speed guy is a big deal but we have that in Reagor. Fulgham is just hard to guard because he is big and can high-point the ball.
                      8... lastly... this game could have been won should Doug have gone for it on the 4th and 5. I get it... he trusts his kicker... but even if Elliott makes that it would have been a razor thing margin in Big Ben's house. The Steelers were going to drive the field and score. Doug needed to go for it and get that first down and then grind the clock and kick a FG with no time left to win. Can't understand the call there.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Gerry covering clay pool was the gaffe of the game. It wasn’t a blown coverage, it was Schwartz’s call.

Comment

Need to take Ridley off the WR with size thing. He’s 6’1 195. Barely 2” on Reagor.

Ertz is one of my favorites. I’m sure he’s had to help block and chip more. But him not being productive is a huge issue. Top TEs don’t need a second TE or stud OLs to produce. I’d hate to see him go, but it’s probably time. Not all on him. More of a right thing to do for the team now.

cant wait to get rid of DJax and Alshon. DJax has given us nothing. He just wanted a paycheck. Alshon at least was a stud for a year and brought us a title. Time to go though

play Bradley and Taylor!

ive been sick of Schwartz for years. His philosophy with LBs, corners and safeties have frustrated me since he’s been here. Philly is the place CBS come to die.

im OK with a down year. We made moves to win a title and have paid the price with less picks and low picks. Time to fix some things.

Comment

Quickly. Not upset about the loss. But more upset about the issues. You draft 2 LBs but don't play them? The offense has drafted rookies and most of them have played. Let's see what these kids are made of!
                            Gerry is just awful! That's it
                            Going forward see what you have in Butler and move on from Ertz

Comment

Working...
                            X