Clear All

• Injuries For This Week

WTF ?

Ertz and Sanders will reportedly miss time with injuries
    4H AGO
    /BY REUBEN FRANK

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/reuben-frank][/URL]Reuben Frank

EAGLES INSIDER
    agles tight end Zach Ertz is expected to miss about a month, but the news is better for Miles Sanders, according to ESPN.E

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported Monday that Ertz will be out three or four weeks with the ankle injury he suffered on Sunday. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Sanders is expected to miss one or two weeks with the knee injury he suffered in the Ravens game.

ESPN also reported that defensive tackle Malik Jackson and rookie offensive lineman Jack Driscoll will miss a week or two.

The Eagles face the Giants on a short week Thursday night and then the Cowboys a week from Sunday, both at the Linc, before their bye week. They return Nov. 15 to face the Giants again at the Meadowlands.

It’s already been a nightmarish season for Ertz, with 24 catches for just 178 yards and one touchdown through six games after he expressed his disappointment in September with the Eagles’ most recent contract offer to him.

With his four catches Sunday, Ertz increased his career total to 549 and passed Jeremy Shockey and Ben Watson (547 each) to move into 10th place in NFL history in catches by a tight end.
    TRENDING

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-bring-back-draft-pick-shareef-miller-cut-last-month][/URL]Eagles bring back a draft pick they cut last month

1H AGO
    https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/doug-pedersons-wife-hilariously-speaks-mind-all-philadelphia-eagles-fans][/URL]Doug Pederson's wife has the same question as all Eagles fans

2H AGO
    https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-injury-report-thursday-night-football-giants-lane-johnson-miles-sanders-zach-ertz-desean-jackson-alshon-jeffery][/URL]Eagles release lengthy injury report a few days before Thursday Night Football

2H AGO
    Ertz has missed only six games in his eight-year career.

Dallas Goedert, who had 13 catches for 138 yards and a touchdown before suffering a fracture in his ankle in the Bengals game, is eligible to come off Injured Reserve, but there’s been no word from the Eagles on if he’ll be ready to resume practicing on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Because of the NFL’s current roster management rules, any player the Eagles add on Monday would have to test negative for COVID-19 for six days before joining the team, so nobody they sign now would be able to play on Thursday night.

If the Eagles are without Ertz and Goedert, they’d be very thin at tight end.

Jason Croom caught a touchdown Sunday but is technically on the practice squad at the moment. Veteran Richard Rodgers and recent acquisition Hakeem Butler — who’s never played an NFL snap on offense — are the only healthy tight ends currently on the 53-man roster.

The news was encouraging for Sanders, who missed the opener with a hamstring injury that lingered from training camp but still ranks fourth in the NFL in rushing despite only 71 carries. Sanders leads all NFL running backs with 6.1 yards per carry and has a 74-yard run in each of his last two games.

That’s a lot of firepower the Eagles will be missing. Sanders’ backups have done very little this year.

Boston Scott has 21 carries but for just 67 yards and a 3.2 average. Corey Clement is 11-for-30 for a 2.7 average. Rookies Jason Huntley and Adrian Killins have one carry each.

In all, Eagles running backs other than Sanders have 34 carries and a 2.5 average. The Eagles also have Elijah Holyfield and Killins currently on the practice squad.

Jackson injured his quad Sunday and Driscoll his ankle.

Brett Toth, who just joined the Eagles last Wednesday, made his NFL debut at right tackle Sunday after Driscoll left the game in the fourth quarter, but Doug Pederson indicated that he's optimistic Lane Johnson will be able to play Thursday night after sitting out the Ravens game with his nagging ankle injury.

Jackson has played well as part of the Eagles’ defensive line rotation after missing most of last year. The Eagles still have Fletcher Cox, Javon Hargrave and Hassan Ridgeway.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I have no f'ing words. The Giants suck. If we had 2/3 of a team we would blow them out.

Comment

The cowboys suck too. This is the easiest NFC East to win... ever.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        The cowboys suck too. This is the easiest NFC East to win... ever.
        Yep. I thought by now we might be getting healthier and maybe take this weak ass division. Instead, we just keep adding more injuries. All that is left on offense is Carson and Kelce. Just unreal.

The problem is that at some point before the season ends, we might be reasonably healthy. But, it may be too late by that point if we drop the next 2 games against the Giants and Dallas.

Oh well, at least Dallas is not winning the Super Bowl either this year, much less a playoff game.

Comment

Brutal, absolutely brutal. Two offensive starters (Wentz and Kelce) are available. At some positions they are playing the backup to the backup. As it stands today the birds would have pick #10 in the draft. Funny thing is they would pick 3rd in the division. But--- they are lining it up to win the division, slip through the playoffs and overcome all naysayers to win the SB
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I have no words for this anymore. Something has to be wrong here. Maybe the practice field is faulty and is putting undo stress on joints somehow. Just can't explain this... and you could say it is because of the age of the players but Dillard, Sanders, Goedert, Reagor, Isaac, and Maddox are young guys.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

The more I think about it the more the practice field makes sense. If AW is right it would explain the injury clusters since the groups practice on varying parts of the field. Having the OL together on one section that has issues may explain why that group becomes an injury cluster. Assuming the training and medical staff deal with the entire team the field may be the answer. If they have specific trainers working with each group that may also be part of the explanation for the clusters.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I think it would be easier to list who is an original starter that is playin this week. I got Wentz, Kelce, Barnett, Graham, Cox, Gerry, McCloud, Mills, and Slay. That is 9 of 22. Pretty banged up fellas. I will say its only a matter of time till Wentz is hurt. You can't have your QB hit 47% of the time he drops back and have him stay healthy all year.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I want no part of winning this division and getting at best a 24th draft pick.

I just want to find out who can play and who matters for the future.

Comment

Dawk I totally agree. My fear is we go 6-9-1 and win the division. Instead of getting the 12th pick or something better than that we get the 24th pick and the first place schedule.

Sometimes being a fan means you root for what is good for the franchise. I am perfectly OK with us losing every game this season and playing the kids. In fact, I hope we lose Thursday night.

I don't want to get rid of Doug and I really don't want to get rid of Howie. I just want to get healthy and get a top 5 pick for a change so we can draft an elite athlete to play on the front 7 or we can get a truly elite WR. I'd also be OK with using that second round pick on Jason Kelce's replacement because the best center is sometimes available at the top of the second round.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      Dawk I totally agree. My fear is we go 6-9-1 and win the division. Instead of getting the 12th pick or something better than that we get the 24th pick and the first place schedule.

Sometimes being a fan means you root for what is good for the franchise. I am perfectly OK with us losing every game this season and playing the kids. In fact, I hope we lose Thursday night.

I don't want to get rid of Doug and I really don't want to get rid of Howie. I just want to get healthy and get a top 5 pick for a change so we can draft an elite athlete to play on the front 7 or we can get a truly elite WR. I'd also be OK with using that second round pick on Jason Kelce's replacement because the best center is sometimes available at the top of the second round.
                      And what happens when Kelce is gone next year? Even the backup guys are getting hurt. Wentz has a bad knee, a bad back and is getting creamed every week. How much more can the guy take?
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

6 wins might win the NFC east this year. Any team will get killed in the playoffs. Remember Andy dalton sucks in the playoffs.

im on the tank for a high draft pick year. 2020 sucks anyway. What does it matter if we end up with 1 win?

Comment

If we can tank this season it will pay dividends for years. Winning the division last year is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. If we had lost to Dallas we would have had the 16th pick and we would have been in position to take Cee Dee Lamb- who was considered by many to be the best WR in the draft last year. That will haunt us for along time as he becomes a bigger and bigger threat for the Cowboys and we continue to look for WR help. Since we clearly aren't going any further than the first round this year we should be looking at the long term plan and finding ways to move up to get the best players in the draft. As others have said, short term pain for long term gain may mean we tank this season but we will be thankful we did it in the years to come.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

What makes you think they would've taken CeeDee Lamb? Or any other top talent at any pick. I am on board that higher picks generally have higher talent but time and time again the birds (and others) like to outsmart the world. Half the fan base threw the season out the window when Wentz was hurt but Foles stepped in and the team made it happen. I'm not saying that will happen again but I am of the mindset that you make the playoffs and see what happens. As for the draft-- outstanding players are found throughout the draft; you just have to be able to identify them no matter what the round.
                            Agree that 2020 blows
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                              If we can tank this season it will pay dividends for years. Winning the division last year is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. If we had lost to Dallas we would have had the 16th pick and we would have been in position to take Cee Dee Lamb- who was considered by many to be the best WR in the draft last year. That will haunt us for along time as he becomes a bigger and bigger threat for the Cowboys and we continue to look for WR help. Since we clearly aren't going any further than the first round this year we should be looking at the long term plan and finding ways to move up to get the best players in the draft. As others have said, short term pain for long term gain may mean we tank this season but we will be thankful we did it in the years to come.
                              What difference what spot that we draft from? He' just going to get hurt anyway.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X