Baldinger - Check out Jordan Mailata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldinger - Check out Jordan Mailata

Mailata and Fulgham may end being two big bright spots in this injury riddled season.

Watch the Mailata videos. They will get you excited about this guy.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2020/1...acys-sale.html

Nice cut ups. Man that Mailata looks strong. If he pans out they have Dillard and Driscoll as backups for the future that would be top notch. Unfortunately, can't keep anyone on the playing field so not going to get my hopes up
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Mailata was a bum needing to be cut just 6 weeks ago
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Mailata was a bum needing to be cut just 6 weeks ago
        I was someone who thought that. I have been proven wrong the last couple weeks.

Comment

Mailata is the best example yet of a guy that just needed to play and face actual live bullets to prove he can play. He is only going to get better. I think the same can be made of Herbig who I think has a floor of Hank Fraley and maybe a ceiling of a guy like Jamal Jackson.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Yes he is coming along but Carson took some brutal hits Sunday. He seemed to me to play well but I think I'll rewatch the game and give a look.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Mailata has played OK but lets not grown him an all pro. He is still learning. He has played OK overall, but lets not go overboard. He is still average at best LT. The big thing is there is upside and you can see him getting better every week. That said I want to see him and Dillard battle it out next training camp to see who can be the LT of the future. I am not giving up on Dillard yet.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Taz... I agree. It is definitely Dillard's job to lose next year and he has several years of experience at a Power 5 conference playing the position. Which is why you invested a top pick in him.

As for JM, the kid had never started a football game in his life until a few weeks ago and now he is playing OK or maybe slightly better than OK. The kid is 6-8, 350 and moves unbelievably well for a man of that size. He has natural power. It is not football power yet because he still isn't playing with a ton of leverage. Which is actually kind of surprising considering his rugby background but also he is tall and getting a 6-8 man to play with leverage is never easy. He has really long arms and when he locks onto guys he has got them. He also has shown he understands how to combo block and there have been a few times that I have watched he and Herbig already passing stunts off to one another in a game. Think about that... two guys playing in like their 3 or 4 game are routinely now handling twists and blitz pickups. He is not always getting it right but neither did Dillards and Peters was getting his ass handed to him.

JM gets the rest of the season in my opinion and then he and Dillard can duke it out next year. I would even go so far as to say if JM looks like he is the guy you trade Dillard for a pick next year because Dillard has shown he can't move to RT and if JM is doing the job at LT you leave him there.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  Taz... I agree. It is definitely Dillard's job to lose next year and he has several years of experience at a Power 5 conference playing the position. Which is why you invested a top pick in him.

As for JM, the kid had never started a football game in his life until a few weeks ago and now he is playing OK or maybe slightly better than OK. The kid is 6-8, 350 and moves unbelievably well for a man of that size. He has natural power. It is not football power yet because he still isn't playing with a ton of leverage. Which is actually kind of surprising considering his rugby background but also he is tall and getting a 6-8 man to play with leverage is never easy. He has really long arms and when he locks onto guys he has got them. He also has shown he understands how to combo block and there have been a few times that I have watched he and Herbig already passing stunts off to one another in a game. Think about that... two guys playing in like their 3 or 4 game are routinely now handling twists and blitz pickups. He is not always getting it right but neither did Dillards and Peters was getting his ass handed to him.

JM gets the rest of the season in my opinion and then he and Dillard can duke it out next year. I would even go so far as to say if JM looks like he is the guy you trade Dillard for a pick next year because Dillard has shown he can't move to RT and if JM is doing the job at LT you leave him there.
                  I think we are in better shape OT than folks think. We just need to get some health luck for a change. I really like Driscoll and Prince T (even though he is not healthy yet but played well in college)> We would be in a place by next year to have extra starting caliber OT's which is a good thing. The big thing with the young guys is they need to play. Much like JM is getting better each week, the times that Driscoll has played he is getting better play by play. Having Lane, Dillard,JM,Driscoll and Prince T is a good thing. I don't know much about Toth and he only played a few plays the other day (with mixed results). But he could be another player. Its one area where you always want depth.

Comment

We seem to have nice group of young OTs but the Guards are not very good. Herbig perhaps but we have seen without Brooks we are getting kiolled with push up the middle from every team.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                      We seem to have nice group of young OTs but the Guards are not very good. Herbig perhaps but we have seen without Brooks we are getting kiolled with push up the middle from every team.
                      I would agree on the guards. I think they address that position some in next years draft. Although you have to consider Seumolo on the young side. They could also slide Driscoll inside.

Comment

To me the most pressing need is center and I would have zero issues if they took the Humprey kid from Oklahoma in the middle of the first round next year. He is going to be VERY good and he has been making the shotgun snap at OU forever.

Comment

I still think Seumala is the center of the future
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                            I still think Seumala is the center of the future
                            I think so too ND but I have no problem firing the canon in the first round. Kelce is just great and good ones are tough to find.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

I think we are in better shape OT than folks think. We just need to get some health luck for a change. I really like Driscoll and Prince T (even though he is not healthy yet but played well in college)> We would be in a place by next year to have extra starting caliber OT's which is a good thing. The big thing with the young guys is they need to play. Much like JM is getting better each week, the times that Driscoll has played he is getting better play by play. Having Lane, Dillard,JM,Driscoll and Prince T is a good thing. I don't know much about Toth and he only played a few plays the other day (with mixed results). But he could be another player. Its one area where you always want depth.
                              Pryor should be a step up this week anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X