No announcement yet.

Observations from Eagles Cowgirls Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from Eagles Cowgirls Game.

I always say a win is a win is a win. Well this was a win that felt like a loss. But its over the Cowgirls so I will take it.

1. Wentz horrible game and that maybe too kind. You simply can not turn the ball over 4 times as a QB. For much of the year we could point to different reasons for the turnovers, for some of the poor play. Last night, the offensive line was good enough. The receivers dropped a few but overall Wentz was just terrible. Not sure what to do with him at this point. The talent is there etc. But maybe its point two that I am going to make that starts to explain some things .Either way if it was me after the 3rd turnover I would have benched him for a series.

2. Doug Pederson play calling every week we talk about,every week the same bullshit. Stop going for it on 4th down and 3 or 4. If you can sneak for it fine. But you don't have a good enough offensive line knor RB to make it work. This is not having a feel for the game. The QB on the other side could not drive his team the length of the field, your QB was not playing well. You punt have your defense stop them. Dallas scored 9 points six of which they drove 10 yards and kicked long field goals. Unacceptable for your head coach to put you in that position. I think Doug should give up the play calling to Morningwhig. He needs to take a step back.

3. Fulgham is a the real deal. Reagor played pretty good in this game to. Not sure where Goedert was most of the game. He had 1 catch. Dick Rodgers zero catches. Back to point 2 on this one.

4. The defensive line was pretty damn good in this game.

5. TJ Edwards was really really really good in this game. Best linebacker play I have seen in some time around here.

6. More injuries again. Slay, Marquett (who played pretty well when he got in there) went out. Malik Jackson went out again. The injuries just keep piling up.

7. We really need another RB. Scott played very good in the first half. 9 runs for 53 yards. Second half 6 runs for 8 yards. Not going to cut it. Clement just doesn't seem like the same back he was before all the injuries. Getting a back behind Sanders in next years draft needs to be a priority

8. Will Parks played really well in what could be his swan song. There are apparently multiple teams interested in him. Not sure what they can get for him probably a third day pick or maybe a player for player trade.

Overall this team just is not a good team. The QB and Coach can't get it together. The offensive line is mediocre at best.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I gotta give the line credit, 8 games in and they change players every game. That can’t be easy. Did anyone else feel like puking when Kelce was down ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I jumped on Mailata early when he got beat like a drum but he came around and held his own even if it wasn't something great. I think he is a keeper even if it is a swing role and it may very well be as the future LT.
      I will continue to put a lot of Wentz' issues on Doug. Unless you are Brady or Brees or someone who has established himself over a number of years you better accept coaching. Wentz has the talent but I think they let him loose too early. Don't know that it will happen but I won't be surprised to see him on the trading block next year. Unfortunately, it will probably be better for him.
      That INT to Hightower was like a Hail Mary in a hurricane. The throw wasn't as bad as the decision IMM.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

After seeing what that 59 yd fg did in the wind, I can’t imagine tracking a pass with that much air under it was easy. I really wish we had the intermediate receiving options, to include Sanders in the screen game. Then just maybe we got one one one deep coverage
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

1. Mailata played well after the initial "look out" block. Heck... Jason Peters played well. Anybody know when Isaac comes back? Maybe after bye week although Herbig has been solid. We need a young center prospect to play behind Kelce. He can't keep playing at this level. He is going to get dinged up.
          2. I really thought Reagor played well. He has to catch that TD pass. Just has to but hey he played OK. And Fulgham reminds me more and more of TO every day. Hightower struggled but the wind was a factor. Ward dropped a pass but big deal. JJAW didn't even get in the game. Did you see DK Metcalf caught 2 TDs yesterday.
          3. Dallas Goedert was a nonfactor but it seemed like they didn't play a lot of 2 TE sets last night. Maybe something they saw schematically.
          4. I want to see Bradley get on the field because Duke Riley can't play. He gets wired to blockers and has no instincts. Bradley and Davion Taylor deserve a shot.
          5. DiNucci was terrible. I mean a real horror show. Hard to grade the defense really. The front was its usual solid self. Zeke had a few big runs but we held him under 4 per carry I believe. Pollard looks like the better back for the Cowboys right now honestly.
          6. Carson.... I don't know where to begin or what to think. It is really shocking how he is struggling. You can blame the wind but wind is a reality and there is wind in North Dakota. He also doesn't look as athletic as he once was. He is the QB though. We gotta just hang with him clearly. Doug is not moving on him any time soon.
          7. I thought Clement played OK as well as Scott but you are right we really need Sanders. We need a power back really.
          8. Doug is lost play calling wise. Just lost.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

1. The defense and especially the defensive line play well. Although there was a stretch in the 2nd half where they were getting gashed in the run game but I attribute a lot of that to the QB (ours). Edwards looks like a real keeper. Parks played well. Im still surprised they want to move him UNLESS you think Wallace is ready for a bigger role. I am still not sold with Maddux on the outside.
            2. The OLine is a patchwork but the guys battle every week. I actually feel sorry for them because so often 50 or more percent of the sacks are not on them but the QB. I like Jordan at LT but he was okay at RT. He floor is a swing tackle. His ceiling is a strong starting LT. Not bad. Peters was okay in 1st game back but he is old and the wars are showing.
            3. The running game was working. But the need for a complemenatry back to Sanders is evident. Either trade for Howard who cant get off the bench in Miami or promote Holyfield to the active roster and see what he can do.
            4. Doug sends me into screaming fits with his playcalling on a weekly basis. 4th and 1 with the running game working and we go 5 wide? . Where are the crossing routes? It seemed neither TE was in the gameplan last night. The plays involving Hurts are just as vanilla as can be. Take his playsheet or at least share it with Marty like Andy does with Bienemy in KC.
            5. The QB is atrocius this year. the 1st fumble is beyong reason. He had 8 seconds and still didnt get rid of the ball. Even on the 2nd one he had Ward if he just throws the ball This is beyond Favre like. It is just stupid. Evrry week he and Hightower have a problem with the deep ball. The kid can get past anyone. Now he and the QB need to work a lot more over this bye. Fulgham is a true player and a tip of the cap for getting him. But how about playing Watkins to see what we have in him. JJAW needs to move on his own sake.
            6. The Cowboys are dreadful. The QB looked and played like he should be working in his uncle's pizza place in South Philly. Zeke doesnt seem to care and I would not be surprised if Jerruh tries to move him in the offseason. The same for Cooper. The guys just looks so disinterested out there. They are terrible! And I love it

Comment

Great lists guys. All great points.

After watching that game last night, today I feel like an 18 year old kid that just slept with a street hooker (NTTAWWT).

Comment

Was your hooker dripping the nights receipts ? That was one sloppy mess

Comment

aw- I'll grant that Carson has played in the wind before but NDSU plays in a dome so he didn't have any North Dakota wind. Watch that pass. He launched it like a Hail Mary on a night where the cowpies got a FG on a kick that was directed outside the left upright and it wound up inside the right upright. The wind got that pass and Diggs made a real nice effort to track it down while Hightower was not able to do so. I'll bet that ball was supposed to wind up 15-20 yards right of where it was. Too much air under it trying to go downfield on a windy night
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

I am really souring on Wentz. At first I thought it was just bad luck and circumstance but he’s proven to be dumb as a bag of rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      aw- I'll grant that Carson has played in the wind before but NDSU plays in a dome so he didn't have any North Dakota wind. Watch that pass. He launched it like a Hail Mary on a night where the cowpies got a FG on a kick that was directed outside the left upright and it wound up inside the right upright. The wind got that pass and Diggs made a real nice effort to track it down while Hightower was not able to do so. I'll bet that ball was supposed to wind up 15-20 yards right of where it was. Too much air under it trying to go downfield on a windy night
                      I know it was a crap throw by Wentz. And, I am not sure if Hightower had a couple of steps on the DB or not. But, the only person I would throw those 50/50 jump balls to is Fulgham. Hightower has speed. But, he neither tracks the ball well or is able to out jump the DB's.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                        I am really souring on Wentz. At first I thought it was just bad luck and circumstance but he’s proven to be dumb as a bag of rocks.
                        I don't think he is a dumb by any means. I think its he is just struggling for whatever reason right now. Maybe he has taken too many hits this year, maybe its been the consistent change in the offensive coordinators. Just not sure what it is. Lets face it before this year he didn't have the INT issues he is having now. Fumbles yet, INT's no. Not sure where that is coming from. The coaches on this team have to fix it. Whether its benching him if the think its mental or giving him more plays he is comfortable with. Giving up on him through 8 games where he has at times shown how good he can be is sorry to put it this way is not real smart. Focus on the solution to fix him. I am up for anything at this point. Temp benching, much more focus on the run. More rollouts I just don't know. More up tempo. Maybe let him call the plays at the line. Need to get him going.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I feel like Wentz gets a pass and I have no idea why. If McNabb played the game Wentz did against the giants, we’d be killing him in the media.

we’re stuck with him so let’s hope he turns it around but he clearly is not getting coached or too stupid/stubborn to listen.

edit: holy shit I couldn’t remember any qbs between mcnabb and Wentz eras besides Vick and Foles and I went to look it up. I had completely forgotten (or forced myself to forget) about Kevin Kolb, Sam Bradford and Vince Young.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                            I always say a win is a win is a win. Well this was a win that felt like a loss. But its over the Cowgirls so I will take it.

1. Wentz horrible game and that maybe too kind. You simply can not turn the ball over 4 times as a QB. For much of the year we could point to different reasons for the turnovers, for some of the poor play. Last night, the offensive line was good enough. The receivers dropped a few but overall Wentz was just terrible. Not sure what to do with him at this point. The talent is there etc. But maybe its point two that I am going to make that starts to explain some things .Either way if it was me after the 3rd turnover I would have benched him for a series.

2. Doug Pederson play calling every week we talk about,every week the same bullshit. Stop going for it on 4th down and 3 or 4. If you can sneak for it fine. But you don't have a good enough offensive line knor RB to make it work. This is not having a feel for the game. The QB on the other side could not drive his team the length of the field, your QB was not playing well. You punt have your defense stop them. Dallas scored 9 points six of which they drove 10 yards and kicked long field goals. Unacceptable for your head coach to put you in that position. I think Doug should give up the play calling to Morningwhig. He needs to take a step back.

3. Fulgham is a the real deal. Reagor played pretty good in this game to. Not sure where Goedert was most of the game. He had 1 catch. Dick Rodgers zero catches. Back to point 2 on this one.

4. The defensive line was pretty damn good in this game.

5. TJ Edwards was really really really good in this game. Best linebacker play I have seen in some time around here.

6. More injuries again. Slay, Marquett (who played pretty well when he got in there) went out. Malik Jackson went out again. The injuries just keep piling up.

7. We really need another RB. Scott played very good in the first half. 9 runs for 53 yards. Second half 6 runs for 8 yards. Not going to cut it. Clement just doesn't seem like the same back he was before all the injuries. Getting a back behind Sanders in next years draft needs to be a priority

8. Will Parks played really well in what could be his swan song. There are apparently multiple teams interested in him. Not sure what they can get for him probably a third day pick or maybe a player for player trade.

Overall this team just is not a good team. The QB and Coach can't get it together. The offensive line is mediocre at best.
                            I've heard that trade talk about Parks and I think that would be a big mistake. He and McLeod have been playing their butts off.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

edit: holy shit I couldn't remember any qbs between mcnabb and Wentz eras besides Vick and Foles and I went to look it up. I had completely forgotten (or forced myself to forget) about Kevin Kolb, Sam Bradford and Vince Young.
                              I think we are all trying to forget those 3

Comment

Working...
                              X