Eagles Giants observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Giants observations

Worst game they played all year. The Giants suck. We lost the a 2-7 team. Think about that. There is no excuse for that. Heads need to start rolling.

1. Jim Schwartz is done finished, in my mind he has been since his terrible performance in the Super Bowl. His defense was completely healthy and they gave up 27 fricken points to the Gaints. The 31t offense in football. None of them came off of turnovers. They drove down the field throwing the ball, running the ball doing whatever the frick they wanted. He had no answers.

2. The guards on this team are horrible. I mean horrible. Why did Opeta start today? Where is the fricken consistency?

3. Doug is done. I know he won a Super bowl three years ago but that is a long time in this league. His offense is stale and predictable. He doesn't stick with the run when he should. He takes too many gambles on 4th down with a sub par offensive team. The times he brings in Hurts is just mind boggling. He has no clue right now.

4. Worst game I have ever seen Kelce play. He personally killed 4 drives with either a bad snap or a penalty. That just can't happen with a veteran player.

5. Carson played OK today. No turnovers. He did miss some throws, he had drops, he had receivers like useless Reagor not make a plays on the ball. . The play around him made him look worse than he played.

6. The Giants linebackers looked the second coming of Taylor and Banks today. They were in the passing lanes (caused at least 3 over throws). Their defense line was active and got into the passing lanes.

7. Penalties were huge today. And yes it was a one sided called game. Too many missed penalties on the Giants. I think it was 12 penalties on the Eagles to 3 on the Giants. That just doesn't happen unless the officials are on the take.

8. Peters has had a great career but right now he is getting pushed back into the QB way too much, its causing issues with the pocket. Honestly only Lane played OK today and he is playing on one leg.

9. Jalen Reagor does not play the ball well, he turned way too quickly on the ball that Carson threw back shoulder to him on the 4th down. A pro receiver makes that catch. Justin Jefferson certainly would have.

10. The special teams are terrible. The punt returners continue to hurt this team. They don't come up and catch the ball, they don't set up right. Greg Ward let one bounce right besided him. Cost us 10 yards.

Overall this is a poorly coached team. The defensive line is overpaid and un productive. The offensive line is a sive, The QB is running for his life all the time. Its just not a good team right now. We can all talk al we want about tanking the season and getting a high draft pick well that is not going to happen. There are a ton of bad teams in front of us. Even so we can't draft anyway. See my Jalen Reagor comment.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

How in the world are we still in first place. Talk about fools gold.

Comment

All I want for Christmas this year is a new DC & GM but I would also be very happy with a complete set of GM, HC, OC & DC! Come on Santa Lurie, make this a happy New Year for all Eagles fans!!!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I thought that the Giants played great today. They have hung in every game this year and are getting better. Everybody laughed when they drafted Jones. I'm certainly not anymore. That being said Wentz could hardly run the offense with Kelce's snaps. He looked more like he was goalie than QB today.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I just want to lose out. 3-12-1 is what this team needs to finally cut bait with the Super Bowl hang ons and move on.

DJax, AJ, JP, McLeod, Kelce, Ertz, Clement...need to go.

malik Jackson...bye.
          JJaw, Duke Riley, LeBlanc... bye

get a good pick and rebuild. Cause we just aren’t good enough.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
            I just want to lose out. 3-12-1 is what this team needs to finally cut bait with the Super Bowl hang ons and move on.

malik Jackson...bye.

I agree but the problem is far deeper than just the players. Doug makes multiple horrible play calls every game. Why go for two today? That was ridiculous. Third and 18 and he runs the ball from our 10. The play has a very very low success rate. He just doesn’t seem to understand what the game situation calls for at any given time. Swartz is so horrible that I won’t bother to even get into the problems there. And Howie’s in ability to pick good players early in the draft is well documented. I appreciate everything you guys did to win us a Super Bowl that we have been dreaming of for decades. But the fact is that was three years ago and we have gotten worse with each year. These guys do not seem able to adapt and adjust and that is enough reason to start over with new leader ship. This team needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. I am less concerned with the aging players than I am with the infrastructure of the team from the general manager to the trainers.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Not only is there no enjoyment in watching this team...it is actually painful in a way.
              They don't broadcast more than a third of the games the Birds play at either 1PM or 4PM on Sundays here in Upstate NY. Getting an Eagles game has always been special since I moved here 50 some years ago. I did something today that I have NEVER done when I had a choice. I just stopped watching an Eagles game at half time...and went outside to blow leaves.
              The leaves would have waited...nothing all that pressing but this team is just shit.
              Doug is not smart enough to realize he's a stubborn shit. Schwartz especially is an arrogant, clueless shit. Wentz is not shit, he's just mediocre. Too many of the players on the roster are shit. In my view, that means Howie is shit.
              I hate the Giants, but not like I hate Dallas. I hope NY wins the East.

Comment

Tino... they are just not athletic enough anywhere on defense. They need a freak in the back 7 preferably at LB. the OL has talent when healthy and the skill players are you g and improving.

the issue on offense is the QB... clearly... and that’s the worst of it.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Can't argue with anything you guys said. This team stinks out loud. Terrible.

It seems they really miss Malcolm Jenkins and Nigel Bradham.

These cornerbacks have absolutely no ball awareness at all, whatsoever. All Jones had to do was lob the ball up there and let his receivers high point it, because the Eagles' cornerbacks don't know when to turn their fucking head and look for the ball. Again and again. No awareness at all.

Just a poorly coached team all around. At this point, Doug is living off his super bowl win. He's terrible. Schwartz is even worse.

This team needs a complete enema. They really are what their record says they are. They are literally one of the worst teams in the entire NFL at this point. Anyone who thinks this is a talented, well coached team that is simply struggling due to injuries is delusional.

Comment

I don’t understand the loyalty to Peters. I don’t understand why Opeta started out of nowhere. I’m sick of all the 2 point conversions. Wentz has struggled but that OLine, play calling and receivers not helping much.

ive been sour on Schwartz for years. Bend don’t break d just doesn’t work. Corners off 10 yards doesn’t work. LBs are so undervalued. He’s looked average because of the d line and assist home crowds give. He’s getting neither this year and it’s exposing a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      I don’t understand the loyalty to Peters. I don’t understand why Opeta started out of nowhere.
                      I don't understand why they didn't leave Mialta at LT and put Peters in at RG. Mialta was playing well enough, and it would have solidified the RG spot, and the RG spot has been a major issue all season long. That's on the coaching staff.

I can't decide who's worse. The players, or the coaches.

Comment

Herbig was on the injury list with a finger issue, I don't know how you have a pair of backs avg nearly 10 ypc in the first 2 drives of the second half and all of a sudden you try a gadget play with the back up QB. The problems this team has are coaching and play calling on O and D. Penalties and miscues are on the coaching staff. These guys keep shooting themselves in the foot. Kelce and the entire left side sucked horse cock today in pass pro.
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Well I've touted that teams are successful because of coaching more than players for years. I know many feel coaches are responsible so they should be calling plays but I am of the belief coaches are too important in seeing the whole picture, the whole game, to be calling plays. Reality is Doug needs to devote a lot of time to the team and should give up play calling
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

malik Jackson...bye.

can we do 4-11-1?

Comment

The worst thing about this team is that they’re bad and not even building towards something. They’re just bad and treading water.

Comment

Working...
                              X