Congrats AW and thank you!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats AW and thank you!!

Modera just announced that their vaccine was 96 percent against covid. Thanks for being part of the trial!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I posted in a different thread but I will be curious to hear his take. Between them and Pfizer hopefully they can get the emergency use authorization and get a strong number of vials out to the public in the next six months
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

andrewaters

Comment

I appreciate the kudos man but all the wife and I did was agree to be in a trial and we are getting paid for it. But really... thanks guys. My wife and I have been very public about being in the trial because we want people to know it will be safe. Once this becomes available for widespread vaccination I hope the world jumps all over this man. This is a game changer I think.

Generally, I will say we should be able to trust this vaccine and here is why.

This is a known virus that we are vaccinating against, not some guess like the flu virus. When they create a flu virus they are using AI and super computers to guess the way the flu is going to migrate and then they vaccinate against what they think is going to happen. We know the genetic structure and RNA pattern of covid right... we are living with it right now. So they are vaccinating us against a known virus. I think it is likely that there is a broad spectrum nature to this vaccine which means they likely have accounted for some viral migration one way or the other to protect us against not just the current variant of covid19 but maybe a few variants each direction. I'm not sure... that's just a guess... but it is my understanding that Covid is actually pretty predictable in relation to the flu.

So the bottom line for me and my wife plus my high school buddy that I recommended in the study and also participated is we had ZERO ISSUES WHATSOEVER. My wife had a slight temp and was a bit lethargic for a few hours the next day after getting the second dose. But that could have been anything. I didn't even have pain in the injection area and neither did my buddy. I had no temp, no stomach issues, literally nothing. It was as if they injected me with saline and they might have. We don't know yet.

We have been told by Moderna when this thing gets released to the public they will let us know if we got the juice or the placebo. Of course, we are hoping that we all got the juice. And they have taken blood from us several times, including 30 days after the second dose so I'd think if we had antibodies they'd show up by then.

Nothing is a silver bullet guys but if we can slow this thing down we can get back to life as we know it but maybe we will be wiser for all this and I pray that is the case.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Great job AW, thanks from all of us. What was the time period between doses? And did they ever say just how long after the 2nd dose did you (theoretically) become immune?

Comment

AW Here's hoping you and your wife got the real sauce. to both of you.

Comment

We got the first dose in early August and the second dose 30 days later. We went in 30 days after the second dose and they took 8 vials of blood. Actually they took 8 vials of blood every time. So they should know our antibody status by now I'd think although we have not received notification on that as of today. We have to go back in March and have another blood draw which I assume will be to test for prolonged antibody response. I think it is highly likely that by then we get some sort of notification that we are antibody positive and/or got the vaccine or the placebo. That wouldn't impact our antibody status... there is not an emotional component to my immune system. I'll keep you guys in the loop on all of it but again I will just say again don't be scared of getting this vaccine. One of the reasons it went so quickly I think is because it was a pretty easy thing to develop.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Great job AW!! You and your wife have earned not only the monetary part of this but the thanks of everyone!!!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  We got the first dose in early August and the second dose 30 days later. We went in 30 days after the second dose and they took 8 vials of blood. Actually they took 8 vials of blood every time. So they should know our antibody status by now I'd think although we have not received notification on that as of today. We have to go back in March and have another blood draw which I assume will be to test for prolonged antibody response. I think it is highly likely that by then we get some sort of notification that we are antibody positive and/or got the vaccine or the placebo. That wouldn't impact our antibody status... there is not an emotional component to my immune system. I'll keep you guys in the loop on all of it but again I will just say again don't be scared of getting this vaccine. One of the reasons it went so quickly I think is because it was a pretty easy thing to develop.
                  Just curious AW, how long after the 2nd does were you supposedly immune? The day you got the 2nd dose or 2 weeks after the 2nd dose or like a month after the 2nd does? Or are they still keeping you in the dark?

Comment

Thank you AW for being a part of this. I worked for Merck for sometime. I don't think everyone really understands just how much of a monumental accomplishment this is to get this done in this type of time. It took a Village to do this. AW you and your wife are my hero for volunteering to do this. Unfortunately there has not been enough put out on how much work went into this because certain types decided to make it political instead of the health emergency it is.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I read a really good article about how the speed of this was so great not because they skipped any of the safety but because they skipped the part where they had to convince people to buy it so they could start the production process ASAP. Basically lots of govts across the world pre-ordered it so there wasnt a financial Risk to the developers.

Comment

What a lot of people don't realize about many of the drugs and treatments that are made now is they are actually NOT developed by these big pharma companies. They are developed by researchers in university or specialized lab environments and then published and ultimately purchased by the big pharma companies which have the money to put them into the trials. The trials cost upwards of a billion dollars. And then they also have the marketing arms in place to create demand with physicians once the drug is released. Its not necessarily a scam but when you consider subsidies, etc., given to big pharma and that they aren't really in the early stage development stage of a lot of this stuff. It is frustrating. And I am as free market capitalist as they come.

I am not sure that is the case with covid vaccines but I know it is the case with a lot of cancer therapies, etc.

Comment

AW did you ever hear whether you got the placebo or the juice?
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Not yet Juk but we did finally get an email confirming if we did they will let us know and we can opt out of the study and jump to front of line to get it.

Comment

Our vaccine is here. We start rolling it out to staff on Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                              X