Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will Lurie do if this continues?

Here is what I would do.
    1. Tell Howie that if he wants to stay as a cap manager - contact guy he can but he is done when it comes to personnel decisions.
    2. Hire Louis Riddick and give him full control of personnel decisions.
    3. Fire Jim Schwartz.
    4. Let Riddick and Doug collaborate to hire the defensive staff.
    5. Tell Doug he needs an OC and needs to give up play calling.
    6. Doug gets one more year to turn this around.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

I think all those are good.

remember when Howie used to get tipped by other GMs because he was only concerned about making “clever” instead of actually good deals. Obviously that went away after the super bowl but that always stuck with me.

Comment

You can't blame Doug for a team decimated by injuries. If you want to rebuild you can't you can't tell him that he's only got one year left. That doesn't seem fair to me. The first thing Howie should do is offer a contract to Fulgham. I can't argue with anything else that you suggested other than fire Mornhinweg. He's a passing fool that loyal Andy even got rid of.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I would walk in the room and ask who the hell made the call to draft JJAW and Reagor. Not saying they both suck but I watched Jefferson last night make catch after catch and I have watched Metcalf tear up defenses. Both were bad draft calls. Once I know who made that call I tell them they are never allowed to make another draft pick. Otherwise your list is good.

EDIT: I would also bring in an outside set of eyes to get their view of the team. I would ask players why they feel they are getting injured so much in Philly.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Doug brought the city it's first SB 3+ years ago. I don't think he is close to being let go any time soon, especially factoring all the injuries over his entire tenure here.

As far as the 1st and 2nd round draft picks go

Comment

My guess is the following might happen.

1. Doug will be asked to fire Schwartz.
            2. Doug will be asked to hire a true offensive coordinator or elevate somebody he has and hand over the play calling
            3. Howie might be asked to beef up the front office more. Lets not forget he lost both Douglas and Berry within a 12 month timeframe. That usually doesn't happen in football to lose two guys that quickly to other GM jobs.

I don't think Howie or Doug will be let go this offseason. I do see some major coaching changes below Doug though.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
            X