Observations Eagles & Browns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles & Browns

Where the hell do I start.. This is the worst Eagles team since 1998, the last year of Ray Rhodes tenure. This should be the last year of Doug Pederson tenure.

1. Wentz terrible game. Two Bad INT. Sadly this offensive staff have ruined this kid. I don't want them putting Hurts out there because they are going to ruin him to. They need to fire everyone and start over next offseason.
    2. Drops all over the place today Type of game where your receivers have to make plays. They did not in this game. They don't come back to the ball, they drop too many balls. Reagor is what I thought he was nothing.

3. The entire team is poorly coached. Three times they jumped off sides early in the game. Three times. Come on Man

4. Maddox stinks

5. Bad Fumble by Sanders it set the tone for the game.

6. The offensive line was really bad today. No one played even near well. Really bad. They need to rebuild the o line next offseason. I would look to see what they can get for Lane Johnson, Kelce etc. Not even sure if they can trade them based on their salary cap numbers but it may be better to start over.

7. Fletcher Cox showed up today.

8. Alex Singleton played really well today. The Eagles defense played great against the run for three quarters, but they were on the field too much and wore down.

9. Tired of the Punt returners not catching the ball on this team. Its not that hard. Catch the ball,

Cleveland isn't that good of a team. I think The Giants may be better. We are just a horrible team This is not something that can be fixed in season. They need a new offensive staff a new defensive staff and a new special teams staff.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Doug sucks! I friekin bootleg the whole game and zero rollouts. Wentz is one tough SOB for taking punishment on every play! How the hell do you evaluate him? He's one hell of a competitor.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It’s hard to evaluate Wentz fairly in my opinion. Jason Peters has been getting sodomized at LT and Matt Pryor just sucks. We really really miss Brandon Brooks.
      we do need a new center and health and consistency at the tackle positions. Mailata needed to never be removed from LT and JP needs to either play guard or be cut. JP is not a team guy. I hope they cut him.

Taz... I disagree on Reagor. He gets open. And he catches the ball. I like the kid. He is a very solid slot receiver.

they need to cut AJ. The second pick was on AJ mistiming his jump. Thanks for the Super Bowl man but he has got to go.

same with Ertz. Rogers and Goedert at TE are good..

TJ edwards looked very average today. I agree Singleton played better but we need a stud LB. my big reason for tanking is maybe this team will finally get that elite front 7 player. We need a freakish athlete along the front.

davion Taylor played although he didn’t do anything of note.

sanders and Scott are fine but this team needs a third power back type.

they aren’t gonna clean house. They just aren’t. Doug will be back. Schwartz probably too. And I’d love to see Duce Staley get a look if they do fire Doug. They also need to give Wentz a year playing behind Brooks, Dillard and maybe a new young center.

I think Barnett has earned his fifth year option. I like Josh Sweat and he played good. Hargrave had his best game I think. Malik Jackson should be gone. He is just a shell of what he was a few years ago.

lastly... you could convince me to trade Cox if you could get something for him. A lot of money on that DL.

guys it’s not that bad. Remember we have $20 million in OL not playing.

we just cannot.... CANNOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. We have to lose out to get some impact players. And get healthy.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Hard to argue with any of it. Wentz missed some throws, threw a couple ill-advised picks, didn't look good. But, I do agree that it ain't all his fault. The line is struggling, the WRs can't get quick separation, and Doug has absolutely no clue how to adjust to it. One thing leads to another, leads to another, leads to the wheels falling off.

Poor coaching for sure. All over the place. Offense and defense.

Maddox has zero awareness in coverage.

Offensive line absolutely has to be the priority in the offseason.

They really, really miss Darren Sproles returning punts.

Overall, I tend to agree that it's time to clean house. I don't think that will happen though. I think Lurie will keep Doug around another year.

Comment

It’s over. There’s nothing left that you can say “well, if only we had x or y, we could make a run.”

alshon didn’t make a difference. Ertz won’t make a difference. And Desean definitely isn’t gonna make a difference. I’d advocate a complete overhaul at this point. I get that Doug may have bought himself some leeway with the SB win but not much. Everyone else needs to go including Howie.

I leave you with this:

Joe Giglio

@JoeGiglioSports
          The opposing team’s QB has posted a higher passer rating than Carson Wentz in every single game this season. Haskins, Mullens/Bethard, DiNucci, Jones (2x), Mayfield. When you can’t outplay the bottom of the league, you are the bottom of the league.

Comment

The real question is where do they go from here? I mean we can say if we lose out we get a top 10 pick. Great a top 10 pick with a GM who has had 5 picks in the first round the past two years and the only one who is really contributing as he should is Sanders. Reagor is Meh, Hurts was a guy they should not have picked, JJAW ha ha ha, Dillard is hurt. I mean you have to hit on at least three of those picks and they should be producing by this point. Right now only Sanders is producing and Reagor is giving a few catches a game. Not enough.

The next question is will they move on from Doug? I think the fact that Lurie made him fire Groh last year indicates that Doug may be on thinner ice that we thought. Dougs best move right now is to give up the play calling to Morningwhig or even Duce. That could very well save his job. If they can get this team moving a little on offense.

A doubt they do a full rebuild. In fact it would be hard to do with their cap situation. I think they need to do a re tool. Stay out of free agency next year and concentrate on trying to develop some of the players they have now. Gear up for another run in 2022.

Comment

JIMHO,
              1. you do not get rid of Cox, top 5 DL in all of football. One of the few things actually working. Sorry can’t trade him.
              2. 2 nd pick WAS on Wentz, AJ is not 7’6”, and AJ was covered like a sandwich.
              3. Getting a higher pick is no guarantee of anything, especially with this teams track record!
              4. Easy to blame play calling, but reality is no play call can work if the players are less talented and do not execute their one on one responsibilities.
              5. not saying play calls can’t be improved on, but you can only call them, you can’t execute them also. Yes, there could be put in perfect position but they must still execute. That long run, perfect example. Yes he needs to be rolled out more, maybe some designed runs... but none but he’ll they can’t even execute a decent screen.
              6. Every segment needs to improve, ST’s sucks, O sucks, And the D can’t seem to play all 4 QTRS well. They played well then looked like the 11 stooges out there.
              7. Wentz is regressing, maybe not all his fault but it is happening, his response time is slow, his throws are either high or behind.... almost never in stride.
              8. They wasted years in not getting good backups for the o line, guys with futures.

Comment

They could have called ruffling the QB about 5 times against Cleveland. I guess the refs got used to Wentz getting killed.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

After you get out of the top 10 picks get a little tougher and you are going to miss. We got ok value out of Derek Barnett. I think I’d pick up his option. Reagor is going to be good. Dillard looked fine last year or better than fine. Guys get hurt ok.

if we get a top 5-10 pick I really believe Howie will hit on it. And with the QBs in the draft this year I’d love to get a top 5 pick. We could either take Micah Parsons, another WR, OT move back. If this team could get Creed Humphrey and Dylan Moses and get healthy and stay that way... FOR ONCE... I think we get better fast.

Brandon Brooks was the best interior lineman in the league last year and now you have a free agent playing instead. Dillard was playing ok and improving and now you have a 38 year old statue playing on Wentz blind side.

what has happened this year isn’t rocket science. Father Time and injuries caught up to us.

DeSean, AJ, Ertz, Peters, JJAW, Malik Jackson, Duke Riley, Maddox, and maybe Kelce need to be gone next year. You have to get younger and let the kids play.

Heck if you think JM can play RT I’d move on from Lane. These foot and ankle issues are chronic with the guy and this is a business where you have to stay on the damn field.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Justin Jefferson just had a huge TD. I wonder who was picked before him.

Comment

Can't disagree with any of it.
                      AW, you said something about Reagor being a good slot guy. Not busting on you but they specifically picked him and not Jefferson because he was to be an outside guy while Jefferson was a slot guy. Well Jefferson is making Reagor look bad. I don't want to beat up Reagor too much because he has been injured and the team around him really sucks but I am going to grade him as an outside WR as his career goes on.
                      A LOT of our problems were conscious decisions to not move on from players such as JP (has been brutal) and DJax (medicare recipient) and Alshon (10 games in and he probably has less than ten plays). If I am Jeff I am asking who made those decsions.
                      Either they draft bad or develop their players poorly. I'd lean draft but Jeff might want to ask his GM and coach which they think it is. As an example I will throw out the OL. They have drafted guys- the list is long. However the OL is not good. Is it Stoutland? Is it the guys they took like Dillard?
                      Maddox might have some safety in him but he isn't a CB that can cover receivers. Mills is neither a good safety or CB. Not sure what the Schwartz love with him is but he is a fourth corner or fourth safety.
                      Easy for me and everyone else to see that Wentz has gone to hell. Question is why. His attitude? Getting hit like a baseball? His WRs? If I am Jeff I am talking to him and to coach to find out why.
                      I beat up Jerry but he doesn't hesitate to tell the world these guys are a reflection of me and the Dallas Cowboys. Jeff is usually pretty hands off but I think the time is coming when we hear from him. That was an embarrassment beyond words.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

As far as it goes with Reagor. He is nothing special. He was not a first round talent and I said it then and I will say it again. You don't pass on talents like Jefferson. This is happening way too much over the past few years. The thing that really bothers me is I want to be wrong on the draft. But alas for the most part me and many others on this board are right. I would have gone Jefferson, Fulton in rounds 1 &2. Now think about a how that could have helped the team this year. To actually have a decent corner on the other side of Slay, a true play making wide out to build on. Would it have translated into more wins, maybe, then again maybe not. But we at least could have said we have a couple of young players for the past two drafts to say we can build around. Right now Sanders is it. I don't consider Reagor a building piece he is a dime a dozen wide out. Hurts have no idea what we have with him. JJaw no, Dillard no idea. 5 picks in the first two rounds and we Sanders as a yes, a Maybe in Dillard, a Dime a dozen receiver in Reagor , JJaw is a bust and Hurts simply was never somebody they should have drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                          As far as it goes with Reagor. He is nothing special. He was not a first round talent and I said it then and I will say it again. You don't pass on talents like Jefferson. This is happening way too much over the past few years. The thing that really bothers me is I want to be wrong on the draft. But alas for the most part me and many others on this board are right. I would have gone Jefferson, Fulton in rounds 1 &2. Now think about a how that could have helped the team this year. To actually have a decent corner on the other side of Slay, a true play making wide out to build on. Would it have translated into more wins, maybe, then again maybe not. But we at least could have said we have a couple of young players for the past two drafts to say we can build around. Right now Sanders is it. I don't consider Reagor a building piece he is a dime a dozen wide out. Hurts have no idea what we have with him. JJaw no, Dillard no idea. 5 picks in the first two rounds and we Sanders as a yes, a Maybe in Dillard, a Dime a dozen receiver in Reagor , JJaw is a bust and Hurts simply was never somebody they should have drafted.
                          This all points to Howie getting the boot. But what will happen is Lurie will make Howie fire a scout or head scout and then we’ve got 5 more years of mediocrity. As the old timers on the board like to say, we’re porked.

Comment

In the draft it is like the Eagles always want to draft a guy that turns out to be way better than others graded him so they can say how intelligent they are. By they I mean Howie and the reality is the guy is usually turning out to be the player that the rest of the league graded him to be.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

NoDak I will agree with you on that. The Eagles do have a tendency to want to appear like the smartest guys in the room.

Reagor to me is going to be Brandon Cooks eventually. The kid is really quick and is thicker than you give him credit for. He is NOT Tyreek Hill but he has a similar body type.

Today Pederson very strongly came out and said Wentz is the starter and so is Peters. My theory now is that Jeff, Howie and Doug are quietly tanking because they see the same things we all see that this team does not have near enough talent and they are too old and injured to do anything. No coach is ever going to say we are tanking but maybe Doug and Howie have been assured that they won't be fired and so quietly they are OK with losing.

That also might be the case for not publicly humiliating a JP or AJ so you can still look like a vet friendly team.

I get it we don't like that as fans but NFL locker rooms are families and maybe this is all part of some master plan.

This team is not going anywhere guys. Not this year. But I will go on the record again and say a healthy Dillard, Brooks, and Lane Johnson along with either Kelce or another young center and Carson Wentz will play better. He can't play worse. And then throw in there some WRs that showed promised this year. Rogers and Goedert at TE. The offense will be better next year just by finally being healthy and not being forced to play Peters, AJ, DJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X