Conspiracy Theorists Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theorists Needed

do you think it's possible the Eagles are putting out the Wentz stuff ? I was just wondering if they are putting out some misinformation to make it "necessary" to trade him
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

McGill is gonna get death threats from NY.

Comment

mm, You can't see much from TV but I was looking throughout the game to see if he was talking to people or if there was a crowd of veterans who weren't playing standing around with each other or just some vibe for how he is fitting in. They showed him sitting and talking to Ertz once but otherwise it seemed as if he was standing around by himself. Didn't look like he was talking to Sudfeld or to the QB coach or anything. Even after the game I didn't see him talking with guys. Again you can't see much from TV but unfortunately the vibe didn't look that good to me.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

That’s an interesting take MM. and nothing would surprise me. I am not sure Hurts is the guy but I have determined that Wentz is not. Time to move on. Good luck someplace else Carson.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          do you think it's possible the Eagles are putting out the Wentz stuff ? I was just wondering if they are putting out some misinformation to make it "necessary" to trade him
          Why would the Eagles put this out? That only makes there position to trade him worse. Its obvious its coming from his agent as it was right after the reports that Pederson was staying.

Also, camera angles can show whatever you want as far as Wentz team mate interaction. I saw him talking to Sudfeld several times. Ertz as well as others. I think you are reading too much into it.

I am hoping they trade him as soon as the new league year starts. They need to move on as quickly as possible from him. This way all the bullcrap will stop about him.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I can't imagine its Agent driven, a that seems foolish. I'd like to think its all media generated, but teh Eagels have the most to loose by leaking this. Petterson gets a bad rap, the team looses whatever leverage it and is cap strapped for several years. No way the Eagles can take a $20,000,000 dead cap number or get any value from him. If the plan is to force a trade, I don't see how this plays out to his benefit. If it were an agent, he is basically saying that his client does not want to compete for the job and wants it handed to him. Carson's trade value is low and there is no way anyone wants that salary along with his 2020 performance. Look what "projects" like Dalton, Newton and Winston signed for this year. The Jets look like they may trade Darnold too. That is another QB with far less salary on the market. If anything, I can see it playing out that Carson wants a public affirmation that he is still loved and that he will get an honest opportunity. Folks keep mentioning Indy and NE. I think Reich could work wonders for Wentz, but I really think they want to have next year with a somewhat normal camp to see what they have.

Comment

Teams that will need a QB potentially... this is a liberal list.

Patriots - definitely
              Jets - likely to draft Fields but they might trade their second
              Colts - the most likely team especially if Rivers retires
              49ers - might be ready to make a change
              Saints - what if Brees retires
              Bucs - what if Brady retires
              Falcons - Matt Ryan is 35
              Lions - Matt Stafford is 32
              Bears - I am pretty sure they are going to role with Trubsiky
              Cowboys - Dak is coming off injury and they will have to pay him top money
              Redskins - they don't have a QB heading into next season
              Steelers - Ben is 38
              Jags - They are going to draft Trevor
              Broncos - My buddy told me they are considering getting rid of Lock

QBs that will be available other than Wentz:
              Sam Darnold - I think the Jets are going to move on
              Cam Newton - I think he might retire
              Josh Rosen - don't laugh... someone will sign him
              Dak Prescott - there could be a bidding war for him. I thought early on that he would end up in New England and he still might
              Jacoby Brisett - don't laugh... he wasn't that bad
              Phil Rivers - free agent who I think will retire
              Jimmy Garapolo - I think they move on
              Jameis Winston - he is only 26
              Tyrod Taylor - don't laugh
              Mitch Trubisky

In the draft
              Trevor - to the jags
              Fields - Jets
              Zach Wilson - first round
              Trey Lance - first round
              Kyle Trask - something tells me the Redskins are going to take Trask in the first round

So that is what I see from a QB standpoint across the league and who is available.

You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Just cause my tin foil hat is exceptionally tight: Is the news such that the Eagles would consider trading Wentz, holding Hurts as a #2 and looking at one of this year's big three. NY and Jacksonville are going to go QB. Well, NY should go QB. Miami and Cincy will not go QB. Atlanta has a lot tied up in Ryan with a cap hit of 20M this year and 25 next. Could we be making a play to trade picks for Wilson or Fields?

Comment

Working...
                X