Colts
    15.38%
    Niners
    0%
    Bears
    0%
    Other
    7.69%

I think if Hurts had really lit things up against WFT, the team would be more likely to trade Wentz. A trade still might happen. But, I think the Eagles now would have to be blown away by a trade offer to let him walk. And, Wentz's comments recently seems to make a reconciliation more likely.

Comment

why do we always have so much QB drama. I'm still mad about the McNabb "financial apology" thing and his stupid dad.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        why do we always have so much QB drama. I'm still mad about the McNabb "financial apology" thing and his stupid dad.
        They created this problem. Yes Wentz had a tough year, I think having 7 million offensive coordinators, run game coordinator pass game coordinator etc. was probably more the issues and I think Doug admitted that when he said he wants one voice going down through the ranks. That was so damning but nobody really talked about that. That was the main problem in my opinion. Wentz is a smart dude but as soon as he started to struggle he had 7 million voices in his ear and they all probably had at least slightly different ways of fixing it. That never works. Its like the movie office space with the TPS report. Funny thing is we saw the same thing with Hurts. He came out looking like the answer, finished looking like he was an undrafted rookie free agent.

Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

They created this problem. Yes Wentz had a tough year, I think having 7 million offensive coordinators, run game coordinator pass game coordinator etc. was probably more the issues and I think Doug admitted that when he said he wants one voice going down through the ranks. That was so damning but nobody really talked about that. That was the main problem in my opinion. Wentz is a smart dude but as soon as he started to struggle he had 7 million voices in his ear and they all probably had at least slightly different ways of fixing it. That never works. Its like the movie office space with the TPS report. Funny thing is we saw the same thing with Hurts. He came out looking like the answer, finished looking like he was an undrafted rookie free agent.

IMHO--- WRONG----- Injuries were the biggest problem---- no way to judge players or coaches for that matter based on the injuries that this team endured. Coaches will pay the price because you can't fire the players so much. We have nooooooooooooooooo concept of what this team or QB could do with a normal healthy roster. Despite the whole " next man up" platitude--- IMM, no team could endure the kind of roster movement the Eagles had to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

IMHO--- WRONG----- Injuries were the biggest problem---- no way to judge players or coaches for that matter based on the injuries that this team endured. Coaches will pay the price because you can't fire the players so much. We have nooooooooooooooooo concept of what this team or QB could do with a normal healthy roster. Despite the whole " next man up" platitude--- IMM, no team could endure the kind of roster movement the Eagles had to deal with.

100% MD. I hate to say it but 90% of our posts are speculation. Unless we had a huge zoom meeting to go over film a couple times a week all we are doing is batting the breeze . Let's face it, we're all nuts but we love it! Next man up is fine when you are only true when you have a couple of injuries. This year's injuries looked more like the Alamo.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

80 guys played for the Birds this season. I’ve heard they should move on from Fipp, but he had a revolving door of players every week
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Don't tell me my opinion is WRONG its my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Now onto your OPINION. I will never say you are wrong injuries this year are a part of it. However since we have changed the medical staff so many times my OPINION is that the issue with the injuries are on the coaching staff and how they are training these guy. I don't think his practices are good enough. I don't think they do enough in practices. Now I know there are limitations based on the CBA but all the other teams seemed to be ok. No in my OPINION we have a scheme problem and a coaching problem that is resulting in a good bit of these injuries.

Also, How hurt were they in game one? When they were up 17 points and lost to a QB that was cut two weeks ago?

Finally if I was so WRONG as you would state, why would they fire Morningwhig, Scangerelo and reports of Taylor being on his way out? Why would Pederson say his voice needs to be the only voice? Because they know they screwed up, they know they screwed up the QB while doing this.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion.... but don't write it as fact.

This is what you do ... all the time! You say practices are bad? How many have you seen? You say the coaching is bad? How much coaching have you witnessed? They don't do enough in practice? How do you know enough to even make a guess as to what goes on in practice? Giant leap and speculation that the medical staff changes to laying that on the coaches! Now it's the coaches and schemes that are leading to the injuries? There is NO basis to make that claim, and that is my opinion! Sorry man, but In MY opinion---coming to your opinions is like you stating 3 things as fact, (when we/you don't know) and then jump to a conclusion based on the other 3---as is if it were an obvious fact.

As for firing coaches, 1. Teams do it every year! 2. Some just don't get contracts renewed. 3. Some move on to better jobs! 4.Some could be personality(coach, owner, player) issues! 5. Some could be family issues! 6. Could just want to retire and /or get out of football! 7. And yes some can be performance-related---- but we/you do not know.

Now we all post opinions and we all tell each other when we think they are wrong or right- so if you are gonna put yourself out there by writing your volumes based "solely" on your opinions don't get so sensitive when people disagree with your "conclusions"! Hell, I get told all the time that my conclusions are wrong. So does everyone here.
                  Last edited by MDFAN; 01-09-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Well you both have parts right in MY opinion. The birds have changed their medical and training staffs 3 times in 3 years after having injury issues all three years. The first time you can blame the medical staff. The second time maybe you chalk it up to coincidence or bad luck. But after having the same issue for 3 years in a row, it has to be something you’re doing in practice or camp or both. I know we never had these kinds of long term injury problems with Chip and his Navy Seal fitness program or with Andy and his pickle juices swilling guru and I don’t see other teams having as many injuries year after year like we do. All I can figure is that the team is doing something that is contributing to the injuries. And I will add that we have also been bringing in older players and players with injury histories over this the last 3 years so some of these injuries (a.k.a. DJax!) shouldn’t come as a surprise.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Well, I've been making and stuffing 80 lbs of some delicious chicken sausage with parmesan cheese, green bell peppers and onions and have started drinking. I wanna know what was at the site of the Linc practice area. I fear there was a biohazard area there and our guys are paying for it. Makes as much sense as anything else
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                        Well, I've been making and stuffing 80 lbs of some delicious chicken sausage with parmesan cheese, green bell peppers and onions and have started drinking. I wanna know what was at the site of the Linc practice area. I fear there was a biohazard area there and our guys are paying for it. Makes as much sense as anything else
                        That sounds awesome. I made a huge batch of summer sausage this fall. I am thinking of trying my hand at replicating Taylor Ham. Have you done that?

Comment

Okay, okay, okay first off there is no such thing as Taylor Ham. It is pork roll. Second you can't replicate pork roll All hail pork roll
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

BOT, I think Carson plays in Philly next year and is the starter. As for practice it seems like we had an inordinate amount of injuries there. Maybe we practice too hard? I've never heard any player complain about it though so I doubt that. As for game injuries I think that is simply bad luck in a violent sport.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                              Okay, okay, okay first off there is no such thing as Taylor Ham. It is pork roll. Second you can't replicate pork roll All hail pork roll
                              I had to google Taylor Ham, no, never tried to make it . I just had a guy build me a smoke house and am getting ready for my maiden bacon smoking. Gonna make a batch of Canadian bacon, bacon , dried beef and pastrami. I just smoked hot Italian sausage, if you never had it, it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X